Advice to leveling marauders: Gear up Quinn.

Neverdyne

It makes a huge difference once you hit around level 35 and above. I'd say you should spend more on Quinn's gear than yourself. What I did was simply get a complete set of custom gear (it can even be your left over custom gear) and add blue crafted mods, armoring, and enhancements.

This made him heal a lot more, to the point where I was finishing fights with full health and had no downtime at all. I was even able to solo heroic 2+ missions (using cooldowns though).

It's the truth. Having anyone except Quinn, minus the final class mission, made questing next to impossible. Proper CC and use of Cloak of shadow and saberward with heals make leveling easy.

Its not the truth at all.

I did the whole thing with vette, used quinn for a couple of missions when I got him, same with jaesa, preferred Vette.

I did the last two class quest ending big fights with her too.

The OP's advice is right, but needs modifying.

Whichever companion you decide you want to use, keep them in level appropriate gear.

I got vette in orange gear early, upgraded her just as I did myself with commendations/credits getting the highest level mods from planet vendors before I left for the next planet.

I like using Quinn, but I don't want to become reliant on always needing a packet healer in order to play my class. I like keeping Jaesa out a lot as well and make sure I am not just bull-rushing mobs with no thought to what I am doing.

Because using a pocket healer = no thought to what I am doing?

Choice of play style is how I see it. ;)

edit. p.s. I'm old school Arms Warrior who also loved having a pocket healer in AV.

Edited by Veluthurk

Indeed.... just a playstyle choice there. I also don't keep him out a lot due to a stupid bug where if he is med scanning you and you mount in the middle.... that green glowing effect stays on your body and won't go away unless you relog.

is THAT what causes the bug??

I hate that.

The thing about Quinn that I found early on. He wasn't healing all that much in my mid 20's. When I was about 35 - 40 Quinn gets new heals. And let me just tell you. If you gear Quinn and once you get 35 and Quinn gets new heals. He becomes a AWESOME healer.

Right now I am Carnage with Quinn. I don't need anything else.

I got a great rotation with my Carnage spec. Usually Quinn will aggro 1 or 2 mobs while I burn 2 off the bat. Then I pick up the aggro. Quinn can take hits too. He will survive a ambush of mobs if need be.

Force Scream and Smash are my favorite skills. The stun and the talents to bring the cool down shorter and makes it 100% crit. I can't live without it. Like Carnage with all my stuns I have I take like no damage and Quinn just heals me just fine.

Just gear Quinn if you want to stay Carnage. He gets GODLY!

All the companions hold their own very well as long as you have them geared. I'm really enjoying using Broonmark and Lt. Pierce right now at 44 and they both Tank nicely. You honestly don't need Quinn if you have your tank companion distracting the elite mob while you destroy the weaker mobs then move to the elite. I actually solo'd a couple of the lvl 36 Heroic 4 man's on Taris using them.