The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

Great troll...or ya don't realize there's no search tool :p

As i said idiot :D..

Plus maybe people wanna make thousands of different threads so bioware actually look at them?

It was said in a nut shell before, dps can run around farming medals, contributing nothing to the team and benefit more then a healer who's running around helping the team, all the "it's better to help win then farm self glory" crap is bs.. We all want to farm gear or at least most of us, why should a solo wanabe get more medals then someone's who's helping everyone out, in a TEAM GAME.

That said, people are generally frustrated because it's just another show of stupidness in an mmo and me personally was hoping bioware would have been abit smarter with some of the decisions they made. Yeah it's only been out for a little while but it's still a poor decision.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus maybe people wanna make thousands of different threads so bioware actually look at them?

It was said in a nut shell before, dps can run around farming medals, contributing nothing to the team and benefit more then a healer who's running around helping the team, all the "it's better to help win then farm self glory" crap is bs.. We all want to farm gear or at least most of us, why should a solo wanabe get more medals then someone's who's helping everyone out, in a TEAM GAME.

That said, people are generally frustrated because it's just another show of stupidness in an mmo and me personally was hoping bioware would have been abit smarter with some of the decisions they made. Yeah it's only been out for a little while but it's still a poor decision.

And a healer can run around healing random *******, instead of a fully geared level 50 sentinel that ends up capping several objectives, doing the most damage in the team, 1v3'ing people. Then this same sentinel gets 0 MVP votes because he was highest on damage, whilst the healer gets 3+ MVP votes because he has the highest healing.

His healing was completely useless and spent on random ******* not contributing anything to the game whatsoever, and apparently its my fault we lost the game since i had the highest amount of damage, also not going for objectives apparently.

You see how it works the same way around too?

They rushed the release and it wasn't tested :/

And apparently fixing the Darth title was more important than fixing major flawed game mechanics. GG.

And a healer can run around healing random *******, instead of a fully geared level 50 sentinel that ends up capping several objectives, doing the most damage in the team, 1v3'ing people. Then this same sentinel gets 0 MVP votes because he was highest on damage, whilst the healer gets 3+ MVP votes because he has the highest healing.

His healing was completely useless and spent on random ******* not contributing anything to the game whatsoever, and apparently its my fault we lost the game since i had the highest amount of damage, also not going for objectives apparently.

You see how it works the same way around too?

Actually it doesn't work that way. lol.

That sentinel would have gotten:

10 kills

25 kills

solo kill

75k damage

300k damage

killing blow

2.5k hit

The healer gets:

2.5k heal

75k healing

150k healing

The only possible way for a healer to max medals is by not playing objectively. A dps or tank gets his medals regardless.

As nice as it would be for healers to get tons of medals for healing x amount it would be too easy for people for farm in acid bath's .

How is this much different than me stalking a level 13 keyboard turning mouse-clicker in a huttball match because its easy to lay down a lot of hard hits on him?

as far as green bar hunting, if you are used to playing a pure healer red bars aren't top on your priority list. Keep on doing your thing, the rewards will be in the wins not the medals. Mix in some damage when you can and round out your play style to fit your goals, or just cope with the fact that for whatever reason it is hard to balance rewards for healers in PvP

Unfortunately the carrot is gear and healing for wins is slower than killing with occasional losses (and in some cases a LOT more frustrating.) Incentives need to be shifted more towards the goals and less towards individual contribution so that healers can be indirectly rewarded by the fact that damage is around longer to kill things.

The 1 kill is easy to get as a healer (just keep trying to finish people off).

The 10 kills seems to be buggy because I keep getting the medal when I'm respawning and have no active DoTs on ennemy players -> easy to get

With a consular you can sacrifice your health (15% at a time) and heal back up. Pretty insane, should be fixed. I can make the 4 healing medals out of this in ~4 minutes while defending an alderaan turret, thus earning 6 medals (for 1k defense and 3k defense points).

The thing that has been bugging me is the solo kill medal. I attempt to earn it a few times in every warzone, but I kill so slowly that usually when my target is at ~10% (and I'm doing fine with full HP) some retarded teammate shows up AND STEALS MY SOLO KILL.

Healers stand around farming far more than any other role, because it's so easy to do. If you had read the other posts you would see some good points, rather than just calling me an idiot because I point out that this is yet another thread to cry about not getting credit or points by doing nothing but healing.

I assure you, constructive threads get my serious attention, but most people just like to agree with QQ threads because you get a nice warm feeling agreeing with what the majority seems to rage about.

Yet I am the idiot because I don't like copy paste threads about well known complaints.

The real reason you claim I'm an idiot is I don't agree, and it's so easy to just shrug it off by saying "man that guy is dumb"

Healing is NEVER useless. More people stay up, more chance of winning. Common sense failed you sir.

Do a bit of damage and healing- all healing classes are capable of at least getting a KB, 75k damage, maybe even solo kill. You'll get all the healing medals, likely 2 objectives medals, dps medals and 2 medals for kills- yes, you can never get nearly as many medals as tanks do, which does suck I agree- and with the level of damage/single hit damage you need to do, there's two dps medals out of your reach- you can still outmedal a dps with relative ease though.

Healing is NEVER useless. More people stay up, more chance of winning. Common sense failed you sir.

Healing people who actually arent contributing to the game isnt useless?

If a healer is healing a player who doesnt do any damage or objective capping worth mentioning, that means that this healer just keeps a player up who isnt doing anything, in return also making himself useless because hes not contributing.

Very nice try though.

Ideas for new medals: if someone has posted ideas like these before me my apologies

Huttball

75k Damage to Huttball carriers (Hutt Hero)

75k Healing to Huttball carriers (Cartel Medic)

Voidstar

Medal for planting a bomb or being within 30 yards of the bomb planter when they do (Armed and Dangerous)

Disarm a bomb or 30 yard proximity (To The Wire)

Bonus: Resist a knockback effect while on the bridge across the expanse: Avoid Star

Alderaan

Slice a Battery or 30 yard proximity (Mission Vow)

75k Healing while within 30 yards of a Battery in Alderaan (Band-aid the Batteries)

Killing blow while within 30 yards of a Battery (Slicer no Slicing)

Healing

Get a critical heal on an ally below 25% Health (not self) (Stay of Executiuon)

Edit:

Some other ones should be 'crushing victory' medals - like capturing the Data in less than 5 minutes, Winning Alderaan with Half your ships health intact and winning Huttball by more than 2 scores.

Edited by EndgameTOR

The 1 kill is easy to get as a healer (just keep trying to finish people off).

It's easy if you're playing against a crappy team and you can afford the GCD to steal the killing blow.

The 10 kills seems to be buggy because I keep getting the medal when I'm respawning and have no active DoTs on ennemy players -> easy to get

Our aoe knockback tags enemies. As I already said though, there's some matches such as the 524k healing match I quoted where there was just too much healing needed to hit people with overload, etc. This isn't WoW where we can heal in the middle of 4 melee like it's nothing. I get focus fired pretty fast if I'm not standing right on the edge of LoS so usually I'm only using my overload defensively.

With a consular you can sacrifice your health (15% at a time) and heal back up. Pretty insane, should be fixed. I can make the 4 healing medals out of this in ~4 minutes while defending an alderaan turret, thus earning 6 medals (for 1k defense and 3k defense points).

Sadly I've sat in acid baths to go from 3-4 medals, or 2-3 medals, etc. It's pretty retarded that's what we have to do, then again a biochem getting 2 healing medals is even more retarded.

The thing that has been bugging me is the solo kill medal. I attempt to earn it a few times in every warzone, but I kill so slowly that usually when my target is at ~10% (and I'm doing fine with full HP) some retarded teammate shows up AND STEALS MY SOLO KILL.

I feel your pain. It's easy to solo someone as a healer but it takes so long it's almost impossible to get it before some baddie comes up and ruins the solo kill.

Healers stand around farming far more than any other role, because it's so easy to do. If you had read the other posts you would see some good points, rather than just calling me an idiot because I point out that this is yet another thread to cry about not getting credit or points by doing nothing but healing.

I assure you, constructive threads get my serious attention, but most people just like to agree with QQ threads because you get a nice warm feeling agreeing with what the majority seems to rage about.

Yet I am the idiot because I don't like copy paste threads about well known complaints.

The real reason you claim I'm an idiot is I don't agree, and it's so easy to just shrug it off by saying "man that guy is dumb"

Healers that stand around "farming" aren't doing a good job at "farming" at all. I'm pretty sure any healer thats standing in an environmental hazard and healing himself isn't getting gear/rewards at nearly the same rate as your average damage player running around trying to win a game.

To be fair though; you set yourself up for abuse with your initial response to the thread. If it really bothered you to see another thread on this topic then just ignore it or flag it or something.

Going back to the topic at hand:

If you are playing for the warzone objectives then as a healer you're going to be doing a lot of healing and CC but your damage won't be nearly enough to earn a lot of medals. If it is then you're not doing enough healing so you might as well re-spec to damage anyway.

Why is it okay for a damage person to earn 9+ medals while never actually doing much to win the actual match?

Not if it means the guy carrying the ball might die? Do you not want healers doing the thing they specialized to do?

Um he's complaining about getting less medals and commendations, not winning. If you simply want to 6-0 hutball in 5 minutes be prepared to get less comms.

And obv from 500k healing the game is going the full distance, which means he isnt really helping his team win anyway

Edited by sw_dragon

Actually it doesn't work that way. lol.

That sentinel would have gotten:

10 kills

25 kills

solo kill

75k damage

300k damage

killing blow

2.5k hit

The healer gets:

2.5k heal

75k healing

150k healing

The only possible way for a healer to max medals is by not playing objectively. A dps or tank gets his medals regardless.

Solo kill is bugged and i rarely even get that anymore.

But you see how that works out exactly as it should?

Because I did more then what the healer did, and also should have more medals.

Any healer contributing to fights like they should, will get more then those exact medals.

The healer im running with usually ends up 1-3 medals behind me, although I have biochem which gives me atleast 2 free healing medals, usually 3. Without this we would be getting pretty much the exact same medal every game.

So people need to stop whining. A healer in PvP is not supposed to JUST heal.

Wait everyone's saying get the 75k damage and the killing blow etc...

So what's the point of playing a healer? I might as well spec tracer missile on my bh then go into the healing tree and do what you all suggest. Get my 2.5k heal + 50k healing (whatever it is) then run around tracer missile spamming.

If your a healer, damage, tank you should all = be able to to get similar medals based on that job..

What exactly don't you agree with? Are you trying to argue healers don't get the giant shaft with this current system? Because if that's the argument you're making..well...you're clearly an idiot or just an ignoramus who has never healed a warzone in SWTOR.

Because I did more then what the healer did, and also should have more medals.

Any healer contributing to fights like they should, will get more then those exact medals.

I lol'd pretty hard when I read this. If you do 300k damage you get 8+ medals. If I do 300k healing I get 3-5 medals.

Using your logic any hybrid dps class should be focusing more on healing even when there's healers around healing him, right? Oh wait, that doesn't make any more sense than a healer DPSing when there's DPS around.

What exactly don't you agree with? Are you trying to argue healers don't get the giant shaft with this current system? Because if that's the argument you're making..well...you're clearly an idiot or just an ignoramus who has never healed a warzone in SWTOR.

Angst aside, the thing I don't agree with is that there needs to be more healing medals.

Not to say healers don't deserve medals, but healers don't deserve medals for standing in the middle healing whatever health bar is low and in range.

Now if they added more objective based medals, that would IMO fix the issue.

I.E. Medals for removing debuffs/shielding the ball carrier, keeping opponents cc'ed for X amount of seconds, capping certain nodes, etc.

I just don't think there should be more medals for flat healing.

From my own experience as a Sage.

1. There's nothing except enemy healers and pure luck with defenders' respawns, that can stop me from winning Voidstar or Alderaan when I'm speced DPS.

2. I don't play a healer anymore, since it's pointless in both solo PvP and warzones. In solo PvP your companion gets buged and you start the fight without him half of the time. In warzones you get like 3 medals (that's how much I got for 890.000 healing). All your teammates can get 2 out of 4 healing medals just by clicking the medpack.

Pretty simple: 7-10 medals as a DPS (2,5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heal, 75k dmg, 2,5k dmg, killing blow, 300k dmg, 10 kills, 25 kills, sometimes a solo kill and 5k dmg if there's like a level 10 somewhere), 3-5 as a healer (even if I KS one dude and dot enough people to get the 75k dmg one). It's impossible to heal 5k+ with any heal on a sage in combat (and highly doubtful outside combat). In order to get this one I hide somewhere, burn down my own HP, use my cooldowns (trinket, crits, power adrenal) and crit heal myself. It's absolutely impossible to do in a combat situation with the -30% healing debuff even though I have 400+ expertise and 1,4k willpower.

Medals for healing are useless, few in numbers and borked. What else do you need to understand, that playing a healer is counterproductive?

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Also I've noticed your entire argument is "clearly you've never healed a war zone in swtor" you should come up with something new.

Angst aside, the thing I don't agree with is that there needs to be more healing medals.

Not to say healers don't deserve medals, but healers don't deserve medals for standing in the middle healing whatever health bar is low and in range.

Now if they added more objective based medals, that would IMO fix the issue.

I.E. Medals for removing debuffs/shielding the ball carrier, keeping opponents cc'ed for X amount of seconds, capping certain nodes, etc.

I just don't think there should be more medals for flat healing.

So what you're saying is you want more medals? A hybrid would easily be able to remove those debuffs, shield, CC, or anyone can cap, but healers would still get the shaft relative to everyone else.

And if you think healers are standing in the middle in this game just "raid" healing you're clearly just an ignoramus. I have to stand next to some sort of LOS or I get wrecked pretty hard, even in full Champion gear. Even then multiple melee will chase me around a pillar to kill me...shoot, last game three troopers chased me around a pillar to kill me. Yet I had 250k more healing than the highest damage and 9 less medals.

You clearly haven't healed in this game, but I suppose that explains your obvious bias against us since you'll probably never roll a healer. It isn't WoW where healers are Gods. Sure I can heal through one or two dps but even then I prefer CCing them or pillar humping rather than just taking the damage since it takes SO long to heal back up.

I lol'd pretty hard when I read this. If you do 300k damage you get 8+ medals. If I do 300k healing I get 3-5 medals.

Using your logic any hybrid dps class should be focusing more on healing even when there's healers around healing him, right? Oh wait, that doesn't make any more sense than a healer DPSing when there's DPS around.

Using my logic forces you to be good at PvP, so I dont expect you to understand :)

So what you're saying is you want more medals? A hybrid would easily be able to remove those debuffs, shield, CC, or anyone can cap, but healers would still get the shaft relative to everyone else.

And if you think healers are standing in the middle in this game just "raid" healing you're clearly just an ignoramus. I have to stand next to some sort of LOS or I get wrecked pretty hard, even in full Champion gear. Even then multiple melee will chase me around a pillar to kill me...shoot, last game three troopers chased me around a pillar to kill me. Yet I had 250k more healing than the highest damage and 9 less medals.

You clearly haven't healed in this game, but I suppose that explains your obvious bias against us since you'll probably never roll a healer. It isn't WoW where healers are Gods. Sure I can heal through one or two dps but even then I prefer CCing them or pillar humping rather than just taking the damage since it takes SO long to heal back up.

No I want people who try to win to get more medals, since anyone can do it including healers, you just have to choose between having big numbers to brag about, or actually winning.

And lmao you did it again!

Seriously go back and count how many time you've said "you clearly have never healed a warzone in SWTOR"