Anyone good with Star Wars lore explain this please

Tek_Coronado

Still, Vader slaughtering the little kids was dumb, both as a practical matter and as a plot point. It probably would have made more sense for Palpatine to order Vader to destroy the trade federation leadership and then just call in an orbital strike on the temple with his cell phone after Vader left.
I think that was supposed to be his moral event horizon, at least within the context of the prequels. Edited by Celerian

Cin Drallig is NOT the finest swordsman. That title goes to Yoda, Mace, and Dooku. They were the best swordsman the Jedi order had. Under them was Anakin Sywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi. Anakin being the best Djem So stylist the order has ever seen. Obi Wan is canonically the greatest Soresu user. Yoda was unrivaled by all (it's stated this in the novels) except by Windu and Dooku but even then they could only match him "sometimes."

Cin Drallig and Kit Fisto is under them. As per the novel he was not caught off guard. He was DESTROYED with ease by Anakin Skywalker. I'm not saying Cin is weak. Anakin was that good. The Jedi in the temple weren't weaklings. Anakin was near the top of the Jedi order.

When I meant the finest swordsmen I was speaking of the temple he was.

"Despite being the Temple’s finest swordmaster at the time of Darth Vader's raid on the Jedi Temple, even Cin Drallig was unable to defeat the Sith Lord in combat."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There really weren't THAT many good Jedi. And by good I mean like hero status good like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc. Most Jedi were not able to stand up against a good amount of blasters.

You should read Darth Bane: Rule of Two. They have a lot of excellent fight scenes between the Jedi and Sith armies, and it describes how a lot of Jedi (and Sith) were both cut down by blaster fire, speeders, etc.

That's why Vader was able to breeze through the Temple with relative ease. In fact, the 501st WITHOUT Vader more than likely could have gotten the job done.

I think it's written somewhere in the RotS novel that Sidious sent Vader on the Temple mission to further his descent into the Dark Side.

The Rise of Vader story has Sidious remark that he sent Vader as a way of cementing him as an Apprentice. Sidious had to under go two of those darkside admission tests (one was killing his entire family, the other was killing a man he called brother). It's almost canon that to truly join the darkside a person has to commit an atrocity that cannot be rectified.

The Rise of Vader story has Sidious remark that he sent Vader as a way of cementing him as an Apprentice. Sidious had to under go two of those darkside admission tests (one was killing his entire family, the other was killing a man he called brother). It's almost canon that to truly join the darkside a person has to commit an atrocity that cannot be rectified.

Pretty much this. The first Darth Bane novel does a fantastic job narrating this process when Bane decapitates Sirak while he begs him for mercy.