Blade Rush and Slash...

Sanme

So I just hit 41 and put a point into Blade Rush...

I am curious if there is any advantage to using Slash after Blade Rush is active for 6 sec. Since there is the "automatic" Aturu strike imposed by using Blade Rush which should make up for the damage difference between the two attacks...Please let me know what you think!

Thanks

Slash does more damage. Also, you can get a +15% crit chance for it.

So, in ideal world, you use Blade Rush, then Slash, then Blade Rush again when the effect wears of (Slash+50% chance Ataru still more than Blade Rush+100% Ataru)

In practice you can just drop Slash :)

Slash does more damage.

*BZZZT* Not quite right.

On my lvl 50 with a (51) modded MH and Champion OH (No other gear):

Slash: 880-1123

Blade Rush: 737-950 +205

So baseline, suggesting the target is a Dummy, Blade Rush will perform marginally better so you can free up a quickslot.

Also, you can get a +15% crit chance for it.

This is right on, and it would be wiser to go BR -> Slash -> Slash -> Slash->(rep)

In the end, you make the choice by how you spec: Quick Recovery vs Swift Slash.

I personally chose to stay a viable AE damage source.

Blade Rush crits for 30% more than Slash as Combat spec and guarantees a 10% increased damage buff for the next ability. I will take the guaranteed Ataru hits (which also crit for 30% more than normal) over the tiny bit of extra damage Slash offers up front.

Blade Rush crits for 30% more than Slash as Combat spec and guarantees a 10% increased damage buff for the next ability. I will take the guaranteed Ataru hits (which also crit for 30% more than normal) over the tiny bit of extra damage Slash offers up front.

This. Saber Storm makes Blade Rush better than Slash, so Blade Rush just replaces Slash in your rotation.

*BZZZT* Not quite right.

On my lvl 50 with a (51) modded MH and Champion OH (No other gear):

Slash: 880-1123

Blade Rush: 737-950 +205

So baseline, suggesting the target is a Dummy, Blade Rush will perform marginally better so you can free up a quickslot.

This is right on, and it would be wiser to go BR -> Slash -> Slash -> Slash->(rep)

In the end, you make the choice by how you spec: Quick Recovery vs Swift Slash.

I personally chose to stay a viable AE damage source.

Yup, I agree with the above. One little tidbit, BR has a guaranteed ataru strike as mentioned - however this is over and above the normal chance to get an ataru strike. That is to say, its possible to get two ataru strikes on one BR - no joke. You only get two strikes like 30% of the time or something silly so if you are doing math is would like 1.3Xataru +BR damage, which muddies the water even more. I 498243948932498 buttons as it is, so slash is off my hotkeys personally (as combat spec)

I don't even use Slash anymore since I got Blade Rush. In terms of total damage and the numbers I'm sure Blade Rush hits harder than slash ever did or ever would. In more practical terms Blade Rush is more valuable to me than Slash so I gave it the quickslot since Slash just didn't fit anymore.

So I just hit 41 and put a point into Blade Rush...

I am curious if there is any advantage to using Slash after Blade Rush is active for 6 sec. Since there is the "automatic" Aturu strike imposed by using Blade Rush which should make up for the damage difference between the two attacks...Please let me know what you think!

Thanks

I would not use slash anymore. Slash may do slightly more damage , but I doubt it when you consider the automatic Artaru proc from Blade Rush. Im not to familiar with it though. I switched back to combat at 41 to try it out and it was so far behind watchman I just switched back to watchman. But I'd assume with the auto Artaru proc that Blade rush is more damage always.

There is so much misinformation in this thread it isn't funny.

Blade Rush is better than Slash in every shape and form, and the 15% crit talent for Slash shouldn't even be reached for in a combat build. The automatic proc, plus the fact that Blade rush can proc a second Ataru Form proc (tested and confirmed) puts Blade Rush's damage far ahead of Slash---especially considering improved Combat Trance uptime.

Blade rush is much better, no question here :) BR-> BS->BR->strike etc. With 2-3 points in the wtchman skill tree (by 43 you will have it) that returns 1 skill point this turns into a wirlwind of destruction.

P.S. I also have one more question - all insist that watchman is >>>> combat. Why O_o? is it because ppl usually play solo and use healing companion + healing from dots? I am playing with sage friend and I am combat specced - he is a healer spec. We completely annihilate everything. I do not thing that stacking dots and keeping an eye on them will varrant switching to watchman as mobs die very fast and i am always at 100 % health :)

Hey guys,

I have a question. I gathered from this thread now, that Slash is replaced with Blade Rush.

I'm only level 35 and have yet to get Blade Rush. I love all of the animations in this game, from Master Strike, to Saber Throw, to Slash.

I feel like I'll miss those little flourishes my sentinel does before the slash. Can anyone who has the ability tell me if Blade Rush is also a visually pleasing ability?

Also, with my subwoofer bass turned up on my speakers. The Lightsaber Slash sound effect is also something I'd miss.

I know...sounds dumb, but just curious. :)

Hey guys,

I have a question. I gathered from this thread now, that Slash is replaced with Blade Rush.

I'm only level 35 and have yet to get Blade Rush. I love all of the animations in this game, from Master Strike, to Saber Throw, to Slash.

I feel like I'll miss those little flourishes my sentinel does before the slash. Can anyone who has the ability tell me if Blade Rush is also a visually pleasing ability?

Also, with my subwoofer bass turned up on my speakers. The Lightsaber Slash sound effect is also something I'd miss.

Yes and no. You basically pull both arms back to the right and come forward with both horizontally. I think it looks pretty good in the mix of other attacks, but in my opinion, back to back BRs doesn't look that appealing.

This. Saber Storm makes Blade Rush better than Slash, so Blade Rush just replaces Slash in your rotation.

This...also with decent surge/crit you have an extra chance of getting bonus damage on the Ataru proc - not that it's a ton, but I haven't looked back to slash since getting blade rush. It basically always does slightly more damage, and the synergy with Blade Storm makes it a no brainer, Blade Storm is key to a Combat Spec.

Yes and no. You basically pull both arms back to the right and come forward with both horizontally. I think it looks pretty good in the mix of other attacks, but in my opinion, back to back BRs doesn't look that appealing.

compared to slash its pretty ugly from a visual standpoint. Kind of looks like precise slash if you have that one.

I prefer the look of slash but still dont use it for mechanical reasons.

Hey guys,

The animation is another variant of zealous strike.

The animation is another variant of zealous strike.

It looks even more similar to Precision Strike IMO.

A lot of the later animations are very disappointing. Especially considering the big Combat Combo is Precision Strike/Blade Rush/Blade Storm. You have to see practically the same move back to back.

They're all just double saber swing with both arms. Zealous swings one arm before the other and looks the best to me...with Precision Strike and Blade Rush you swing with both hands simultaneously but come from different angles (overhead vs. horizontally).

• 2 weeks later...