Fix For Ability Delay (Works for me want others to test)

Frostyyyyy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think this helps it's only a placebo

The ability queue works as follows:

Set to zero means that you must wait until the first ability has finished before you can press the hotkey for the next ability

Set to 1 second means that you can queue the next ability up to 1 second before the first one has finished

This option has nothing to do with the ability delay that has been beaten to death on the forums. Bioware has already addressed the issue and has stated that it is being worked on. There is no work-around or easy fix.

a misunderstanding, but even so it's ******es like you who make this world a living hell. po boy just trying to help.

Sorry, but it's a little crazy when we have a thread that has been remade over and over again about ability lag that details every little part of the problem and these guy's come onto the forums to restart the debate yet again.

Maybe BW should implement a search function on the forums so these guys can do some reading and research before hand.

you're misinterpreting the combat system. it's not your fault, though.

What conspiracy theory have you come up with to reconcile the fact that Bioware has a stickied thread acknowledging this issue right at the top of this forum?

Rogue elements within Bioware fabricating the ability delay rumor in order to seize power via a coup d'etat?

Edited by carnac_fett

What conspiracy theory have you come up with to reconcile the fact that Bioware has a stickied thread acknowledging this issue right at the top of this forum?

CONTEXT. they have not acknowledged there's anything inherently wrong with their game's engine. they have acknowleged that people are having issues and have not discussed the source of this problem (either real or misconceptions).

someone posted a video that claimed thermal grenade was delayed after using charged burst. do people not realize the 1.5 second global cooldown is there so that animations and effects can be processed properly and that animations are not prioritized in this game? an ability being triggered in the middle of the global cooldown is not delay if you can use the next ability immediately after the quickslot bar has recovered (and you can).

CONTEXT. they have not acknowledged there's anything inherently wrong with their game's engine.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month.

So they're fixing issues, but not acknowledging them.

The ability delay is obvious to those who push the limits of the game mechanics. Those who don't notice it don't push the limits. I don't want to sound like a jerk but Im seeing players who get destroyed in a wow pvp environment don't notice the difference but those who adapt to a wow pvp environment notice it an issue. The point is the game doesn't allow you to cast and quickly take one step and cast again. For an advanced player this is a big deal and is one of the reasons players who notice this beat players who do not.

Edit: changing the ability que timer doesn't do anything to this issue. The delay and que timer are different things.

Edited by Ralidyn

The ability delay is obvious to those who push the limits of the game mechanics. Those who don't notice it don't push the limits. I don't want to sound like a jerk but Im seeing players who get destroyed in a wow pvp environment don't notice the difference but those who adapt to a wow pvp environment notice it an issue. The point is the game doesn't allow you to cast and quickly take one step and cast again. For an advanced player this is a big deal and is one of the reasons players who notice this beat players who do not.

This^ players who don't notice it simply are "noobs"

not trying to be rude but it's true even in my own guild. The good pvp'rs noticed it weeks ago but we still have a couple players (who recently stopped keyboard turning in RIFT) that don't notice it.

This is just the reality of being a Connoisseur of games. It's the same thing as many people think Mcdonalds is good food when anyone who is really into food knows that Mcdonalds is crap.

Don't expect poor people to understand why you won't eat fastfood.

This^ players who don't notice it simply are "noobs"

not trying to be rude but it's true even in my own guild. The good pvp'rs noticed it weeks ago but we still have a couple players (who recently stopped keyboard turning in RIFT) that don't notice it.

This is just the reality of being a Connoisseur of games. It's the same thing as many people think Mcdonalds is good food when anyone who is really into food knows that Mcdonalds is crap.

Don't expect poor people to understand why you won't eat fastfood.

lol at you two talking about your experiences in candy land MMOs.

at any rate, the "delay" coincides with the fading of the casting bar and is essentially part of the casting time. the only difference is you can move and use other abilities during that brief animation. and you didn't even bother to show dark heal being used in rapid succession. who's the newb now?

Edited by supertouch

at any rate, the "delay" coincides with the fading of the casting bar and is essentially part of the casting time. the only difference is you can move and use other abilities during that brief animation. and you didn't even bother to show dark heal being used in rapid succession. who's the newb now?

Are you really defending this?

Dishing out insults is a act of desperation in a debate. The tone you're using is obviously there to get a rise out of others. If you notice the delay, great. If not, no big deal. A lot of people notice a delay in ability responsiveness. I'm glad it's not something hamstringing your experience.

Edit: changing the ability que timer doesn't do anything to this issue. The delay and que timer are different things.

Excuse-ME! But when I press an ability sometimes as a melee player the animation stops half-way, I push the ability again, same thing, this happens THREE times before the animation plays out and the attack registers, the whole affair taking up 5 seconds! SOMETIMES I lose the GCD and the attack never happens!

I'm so tired of seeing posts like you and that poster who linked the ****** priest video complaining about how they can't SIDE-STEP (?!?!?!) and cast again after casting or mounting up! Bioware has glaring issues like the one I just stated to worry about and not some ****** 0.2 SECOND delay for you spam fest casters!

"For an advanced player this is a big deal blah blah blah!" No it's not, reason you're seeing ppl getting demolished is cause our attacks aren't going through, not because we can't SIDE STEP (?!?!?!?!) then cast again after casting, is this an action game!?! Take your "elitist high and mighty I win the internet attitude" and fire it out of a cannon and into the sun!

The people who don't notice a delay are obviously not healers.

It's dead annoying to be the sole healer in a group and have an ability delay :<. People are relying on you to keep them up and you can't heal as fast as you can because of the CDs and everything else with the combat.

It would also probably be most annoying as a tank as you need to be very on the ball in tanking large groups.

The camera doesn't help either, I try to move with my mouse and end up spazzing the whole thing out T_T.

Made a new video regarding wow vs. swtor and responsiveness.

And this time only using one finger. :)

NEW:

OLD:

What?! You weren't spamming the heal like you were in WoW, I watched the action bar so don't say otherwise, you just clicked, moved/interrupted, WAITED, then clicked again! That doesn't show or prove anything other than your a crock! Make a new one to convince and this time spam please, or at least hit CTRL + U; calling ppl noobs yet you can't even make a proper video!

Edited by Logisitcs

Um pretty sure I'm more of an advanced player. During PvP I notice some issues with delays. It seems like a latency issue, nothing to do with animations.

It's hardly the big deal people make it out to be. If it was game breaking I would be annoyed too, but I'm not.