Marauder and his best friend: The Death

Misos

I'm playing Marauder and I'm... dying... Any help?

Every fight is a coin toss: I can kill the enemy in no time or explode in less time...

Maybe I'm doing ti wrong... I'm specced in the Middle talent tree (Anhialation if i'm not wrong) and my pieces are Power and Endurance (Rage types and Might Hilts) and using Vette as companion.

Am I doing it wrong?

Any suggestion?

May I start equipping with endurance?

Thanks in advance

The middle talent tree for marauder is Carnage, not Annihilation.

What's your skill rotation? I remember around Dromund Kaas I started dying to normal mobs, or having to Channel Hatred after every fight, having survived at 10% hp. One of my guildies suggested a certain rotation (Charge > BA > Smash > Scream, IIRC), and my DPS increased greatly.

I'm playing Marauder and I'm... dying... Any help?

Every fight is a coin toss: I can kill the enemy in no time or explode in less time...

Maybe I'm doing ti wrong... I'm specced in the Middle talent tree (Anhialation if i'm not wrong) and my pieces are Power and Endurance (Rage types and Might Hilts) and using Vette as companion.

Am I doing it wrong?

Any suggestion?

May I start equipping with endurance?

Thanks in advance

You talk PvP, or leveling? Also middle tree is Carnage. Left one is annihilation.

Read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72872

it's a great guide. Our primary is strength not endurance. Yet that is all explained in the above link. Also Once you get your ship you get a droid that will heal you. While not the best it can be helpful until you get the other healer if you find yourself getting killed a lot.

Also we are not a true tank so some times you have to let your companion take the heat for a little bit. Lastly Mara's don't come into their own until the later levels but can be fun.

hope it helps.

Hi there, I'm the OP, I posted as Misos by mistake, he was logged in my PC...

By the way, I'm talking about levelling and I'm now at LV 28 on Alderaan.

My skill rotation is: Force Charge, Battering Assault, Rupture, Ravage, Force Scream, Force Choke, and Retailation when procs.

Of course I'm using barrier, cloack of pain, and Fury procs.

I'm in Juyo form.

And thanks for the guide.

Switch to Annihilation. It has 10 times more survivability and a lot more DPS. Carnage (The middle tree) has a big single burst damage chain and after that you have to wait for your cool downs to finish to redo the combo. Annihilation is a DPS tree that snowballs stronger as the fight keeps going.

I am also using the same gear as you, I don't have any problems and I don't use Quinn at all. (Quinn sucks)

Use Quinn as your companion. And you said you're using the middle tree. That's Carnage....then why are you using Juyo form and not Ataru?

Oh yeah sorry, it was Ataru, the talented one :)

Switch to Annihilation. It has 10 times more survivability and a lot more DPS. Carnage (The middle tree) has a big single burst damage chain and after that you have to wait for your cool downs to finish to redo the combo. Annihilation is a DPS tree that snowballs stronger as the fight keeps going.

I am also using the same gear as you, I don't have any problems and I don't use Quinn at all. (Quinn sucks)

Do you think it's good? http://bit.ly/AzJtio

Edited by XargonWan

Do you think it's good? http://bit.ly/AzJtio

Hi, I am not a big fan of Cloak of Carnage and Cloak of Annihilation, partly because I am extremely lazy when it comes to spamming my Retaliation. If you are not lazy then by all means use it. The trick behind Retaliation is that it is an attack that doesn't have a global cooldown (the one second cooldown on every skill when you attack or use a skill) This means that you can use Retaliation to reduce your character's animation time meaning more skillful DPS.

A couple of changes you might consider:

- Subjugation. Disruption is a skill that doesn't get much spotlight but I consider it a very very strong skill. In PvP and in PvE. It gives a 4 second silence on the skill which was interrupted and with level two Subjugation it has a six second cooldown. Meaning you can shutdown a skill of your choice, great in PvE when fighting enemies that self heal. Plus it has an extremely low animation. The 15 second cooldown on Obfuscate is just enough when fighting elites the same level as you that if you use it at the start of the fight the cooldown will be early down near the end of the fight (the part where your dying)

- Narrowed Hatred. This is more of a level 50 skill because all level 50s should aim for 110% hit rate to reduce their target's dodge/parry rate. While leveling it doesn't make a difference but consider it at level 50.

- Enraged Charge. +1 Rage to Force Charge. This is a talent that shines once you get Annihilation because it gives you the missing rage you need for your entire skill chain. Force Charge (r4) -> Deadly Saber midair (r1) -> Battering Assault (r7) -> Rupture (r5) -> Annihilate (r0). This allows you to do your entire chain without using assault once.

Hi, I am not a big fan of Cloak of Carnage and Cloak of Annihilation, partly because I am extremely lazy when it comes to spamming my Retaliation. If you are not lazy then by all means use it. The trick behind Retaliation is that it is an attack that doesn't have a global cooldown (the one second cooldown on every skill when you attack or use a skill) This means that you can use Retaliation to reduce your character's animation time meaning more skillful DPS.

A couple of changes you might consider:

- Subjugation. Disruption is a skill that doesn't get much spotlight but I consider it a very very strong skill. In PvP and in PvE. It gives a 4 second silence on the skill which was interrupted and with level two Subjugation it has a six second cooldown. Meaning you can shutdown a skill of your choice, great in PvE when fighting enemies that self heal. Plus it has an extremely low animation. The 15 second cooldown on Obfuscate is just enough when fighting elites the same level as you that if you use it at the start of the fight the cooldown will be early down near the end of the fight (the part where your dying)

- Narrowed Hatred. This is more of a level 50 skill because all level 50s should aim for 110% hit rate to reduce their target's dodge/parry rate. While leveling it doesn't make a difference but consider it at level 50.

- Enraged Charge. +1 Rage to Force Charge. This is a talent that shines once you get Annihilation because it gives you the missing rage you need for your entire skill chain. Force Charge (r4) -> Deadly Saber midair (r1) -> Battering Assault (r7) -> Rupture (r5) -> Annihilate (r0). This allows you to do your entire chain without using assault once.

I see so how would you change this skill tree?

EDIT: in this way? http://bit.ly/xoQTz2

Edited by XargonWan

I see so how would you change this skill tree?

This is the Cookie Cutter Annihilation build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRMcGzZhGM.1

They are variances to this build which are:

- Enraged Charge as mentioned in my previous post. It allows you to do your entire combo without using an Assault(Normal attack).

- Ferocity/Phantom both are great skills in PvP Arenas. Ferocity gives your entire team an 80% speed buff which is like steroids. Phantom is good because in PvP matches people will try to knock you back into fire or acid and then snare you. Phantom allows you to survive the fire/snare.

This is the Cookie Cutter Annihilation build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRMcGzZhGM.1

They are variances to this build which are:

- Enraged Charge as mentioned in my previous post. It allows you to do your entire combo without using an Assault(Normal attack).

- Ferocity/Phantom both are great skills in PvP Arenas. Ferocity gives your entire team an 80% speed buff which is like steroids. Phantom is good because in PvP matches people will try to knock you back into fire or acid and then snare you. Phantom allows you to survive the fire/snare.

Hmmm cookies...

Ehm well thankyou, I will try this today :)

K, assuming you have quinn, use this as your target priority and rotation:

Assuming a typical pull of two non elites, and 1 silver elite of equal level:

Charge the furthest non elite, immediately use savage kick (I think you get that at lvl 25), then BA, finish the mob with assault or rupture. Switch to second elite (by this time, the silver elite will have gotten mad at quinn for healing you, let quinn tank) and blow scream, and if you have it, pommel strike, and finish that mob with a smash or vicous slash. You should be at a range to charge the silver elite (if it's a melee type, it will have run up on quinn), or if it's a range elite, run towards quinn until charge is ready again, and charge, savage kick, scream, force choke, ravage and BA again if it's not dead.

I use this rotation and target priority on heroic 2+ when I solo at lvl 50, which are usually 2 silvers and a gold (granted, I have massacre and a couple other lvl 50 goodies, but they're also gold/silvers).

It took me a while to figure out how to abuse my companions, but taking all aggro on myself, or all aggro on the companion spells instant death.

Edit: and this is using a carnage build, anni is nice, but I found it to be too dependant on mediocre heals, which I found pointless when you have quinn.

Edited by Shadinaxx

K, assuming you have quinn, use this as your target priority and rotation:

Assuming a typical pull of two non elites, and 1 silver elite of equal level:

Charge the furthest non elite, immediately use savage kick (I think you get that at lvl 25), then BA, finish the mob with assault or rupture. Switch to second elite (by this time, the silver elite will have gotten mad at quinn for healing you, let quinn tank) and blow scream, and if you have it, pommel strike, and finish that mob with a smash or vicous slash. You should be at a range to charge the silver elite (if it's a melee type, it will have run up on quinn), or if it's a range elite, run towards quinn until charge is ready again, and charge, savage kick, scream, force choke, ravage and BA again if it's not dead.

I use this rotation and target priority on heroic 2+ when I solo at lvl 50, which are usually 2 silvers and a gold (granted, I have massacre and a couple other lvl 50 goodies, but they're also gold/silvers).

It took me a while to figure out how to abuse my companions, but taking all aggro on myself, or all aggro on the companion spells instant death.

Edit: and this is using a carnage build, anni is nice, but I found it to be too dependant on mediocre heals, which I found pointless when you have quinn.

I see but I don't have kick atm, I will get it at lv 34.

BTW I have a LOT of skills and I will get more and more, wich skill are (or will be) unuseful so i can trash them from the quickabrs?

Honestly, it's personal choice, but if you like carnage, read Kiba's guide for the ability priority list, it's 100% correct. The rest, is gonna be dependant on your keybinds that YOU find comfortable with.

I myself bind my force charge to my tilda (~) key, vicious throw to f1, massacre to 1, batterinf assault to 2, Gore to 3, ravage to 4, scream to middle mouse button, assault to f2, obfuscate to r, and I popped my caps lock key off my keyboard and fed it to a gorilla, then fed the gorilla to a rancor, then killed the rancor and burned it.

Honestly, it's personal choice, but if you like carnage, read Kiba's guide for the ability priority list, it's 100% correct. The rest, is gonna be dependant on your keybinds that YOU find comfortable with.

I myself bind my force charge to my tilda (~) key, vicious throw to f1, massacre to 1, batterinf assault to 2, Gore to 3, ravage to 4, scream to middle mouse button, assault to f2, obfuscate to r, and I popped my caps lock key off my keyboard and fed it to a gorilla, then fed the gorilla to a rancor, then killed the rancor and burned it.

I wanted to eat a rancor's steak :p

Well this game has sooo maaany skills, I'm f***n confusing... They need to cut down some skills or think a way to let you not use/have more than a bar of skills.