Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this fell to the third page as we have several fanboys who would love to see this game destroyed and no matter what happens they will keep saying that there is no ability delay but seriously I clicked on one of my heal abilities yesterday, I am still waiting for it to get fired.

this fell to the third page as we have several fanboys who would love to see this game destroyed and no matter what happens they will keep saying that there is no ability delay but seriously I clicked on one of my heal abilities yesterday, I am still waiting for it to get fired.

haha no way i interupet you last week.

Hi guys, don't know if you have all seen this so I'm sorry if its old.

Game spy did an interview with James Ohlen - and he talked about the ability delay :)

GameSpy: Have you made progress in tracking down a way to fix that annoying PvP combat lag issue?

"James Ohlen: Oh, yeah. The thing is, it's not a single thing. It's a whole bunch of different things that come together to create the feeling of lag. In some ways that's good news -- it means it's not actually lag -- but in other ways it's bad news. It means we have to touch a whole bunch of different systems to improve it. It's something that we have a lot of different solutions for. A lot of those solutions are coming in Game Update 1 next week. We have some more in the weekly patch that will come out a week after that. That's another thing, our weekly patches, where we're doing bug fixes -- when I say "bug fixes," I don't just mean bugs, I also mean what we like to call "quality of life improvements." Things that are annoying players, we'll make tweaks to them or changes. For example, our auction house, the Galactic Trade Network. People have some issues with some of the features involved there. Because of that, we're making small changes to improve it, they won't be in the major game updates, but instead they'll be in the weekly bug-fix updates.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-mmo-project/1216434p1.html

Edited by Jagerinho

Rough estimate who isn't renewing sub until this is fixed ?

5%, maybe 10%. Most will probably stick another 30 to 60 .

So keep bumping it, keep on em will check back often to see when fixed . I can't in good faith pay for a broken game get it fixed guys good luck!

Since the last patch or 2 I've now got a new problem where my abilities simply won't fire no matter how much I mash the button.

I can see the button being fired on the ui and a GCD is triggered but the ability just won't go off for anywhere between 2-8 seconds. Again, the ability is getting triggered on the hotbars but it won't actually fire no matter how many times I push the button.

The ability lag has always bothered me but they did something a few days ago that has made it even worse.

this. a thousand times this. only my gcd doesnt trigger at all. and its always a skill thats super important. like my taunt

Hi guys, don't know if you have all seen this so I'm sorry if its old.

Game spy did an interview with James Ohlen - and he talked about the ability delay :)

GameSpy: Have you made progress in tracking down a way to fix that annoying PvP combat lag issue?

"James Ohlen: Oh, yeah. The thing is, it's not a single thing. It's a whole bunch of different things that come together to create the feeling of lag. In some ways that's good news -- it means it's not actually lag -- but in other ways it's bad news. It means we have to touch a whole bunch of different systems to improve it. It's something that we have a lot of different solutions for. A lot of those solutions are coming in Game Update 1 next week. We have some more in the weekly patch that will come out a week after that. That's another thing, our weekly patches, where we're doing bug fixes -- when I say "bug fixes," I don't just mean bugs, I also mean what we like to call "quality of life improvements." Things that are annoying players, we'll make tweaks to them or changes. For example, our auction house, the Galactic Trade Network. People have some issues with some of the features involved there. Because of that, we're making small changes to improve it, they won't be in the major game updates, but instead they'll be in the weekly bug-fix updates.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-mmo-project/1216434p1.html

bold'N'big

Edited by Jagerinho

Well, they outline even the most petty bugs for the patch next week, but nothing that can be interpreted as a fix for these problems.... so it appears he was telling a tall tale in that interview yesterday. It's going to bite him in the *** if they don't incorporate some fixes in the next patch.

Hey guys, Bioware Is being silent on this now (again) but I'll upload my little preview of the project that I am working on which is essentially a full length detailed analysis of this entire problem.

When I post the preview in a little bit I will also post the details of the content (scenes) in this project. Stay tuned!

P.S.: I wanted to upload it last night but fell asleep watching Voyager/TNG on the couch while some parts were rendering.... apologies!

Hey guys, Bioware Is being silent on this now (again) but I'll upload my little preview of the project that I am working on which is essentially a full length detailed analysis of this entire problem.

When I post the preview in a little bit I will also post the details of the content (scenes) in this project. Stay tuned!

P.S.: I wanted to upload it last night but fell asleep watching Voyager/TNG on the couch while some parts were rendering.... apologies!

It was mentioned in the gamespy interview, read up/previous page

The Sith Juggernaut is BROKE by all these ability delays, inability to use insta's that are "supposed" to work outside of the GCD.........

It was fine in the build before the last beta build, i didnt bother playing the final build in beta because you guys bugged out all my chars, then in the live build, ITS COMPLETELY GARBAGE!

FIX YOUR CRAP! If you call this working as intended, as much as i LOVE star wars, love TORs story, Love being able to experience this world with friends and family..........

I WILL GLADLY QUIT AND GO PLAY MY ORIENTATION CONFUSED PANDA ON WOW before I spend another month of spamming the hell out of buttons to get NOTHING while my character takes his time doing an ability I pressed 2 seconds ago ( MY ABILITY QUEUE IS SET TO 0.0)

FIX THIS DAMN GAME!

It was mentioned in the gamespy interview, read up/previous page

...and if you go read the current patch notes for the upcoming update you see nothing related to this issue. They list such tiny details like "Corrected a typographical error in the “Additional Commands” context menu option" but make no mention of such a hugely popular problem like Ability Delay?

Interesting... :rolleyes:

...and if you go read the current patch notes for the upcoming update you see nothing related to this issue. They list such tiny details like "Corrected a typographical error in the “Additional Commands” context menu option" but make no mention of such a hugely popular problem like Ability Delay?

I'm going to assume notes aren't up to date, lying in an interview is pretty inexcusable - unless an outstanding explanation is provided not long after...

Boom goes the dynamite.

inb4 "the problem was actually more complex than we first thought but a fix will be released... Soon "

Oh I can see it from here...

Edited by dargor-