The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can Forex work as a DPS?

Sandwichism

I'm playing as a tank, 80% shield, 2% tactics, 18% Assault.

So I can deal respectable DPS for a tank, while still being, you know, tanky.

I absolutely LOVE the Vanguard and being a tank.

The only foreseeable downside is that Forex is also a tank. :(

He does have some DPS abilities but those seem like fillers for when he's not taunting something / being a terrorist.

Is there ANY way to build him into a solid DPS or is he destined to be on the sidelines because of how incompatable we are mechanically?

(Because in the story, yeah, I'm down for anything he wants to do.)

Put him in his dps stance, guard him, and put all his cool **** on auto-cast.

The only problem is there's a bug right now where you turn off his autocast harpoon, and then hop on your scooter, or send him to sell grays, or he dies and you resummon him, and he turns it back on, even though he respects the rest of the settings.

So he yanks his target out of the group and wastes aoe attacks on one guy.

But if you don't mind leaving his pet bar open to turn it off all the time, he does good dps. It's just a matter of getting him orange or moddable droid parts and keeping them up to date with reflex armoring and agile mods.

not really, try jorgan and the other 2 companions after 4x (names omitted for spoilers)

4x is really meant to be a tank, jorgan, and companion number 5 are pure dps, and number 4 is a tank/dps hybrid. (im not counting c2 in the numbering)

Yeah, I run with Jorgan now and just kite mobs in circles around him while he kills them.

And thank you for not spoiling the next two companions for me! :D

Put him in his dps stance, guard him, and put all his cool **** on auto-cast.

The only problem is there's a bug right now where you turn off his autocast harpoon, and then hop on your scooter, or send him to sell grays, or he dies and you resummon him, and he turns it back on, even though he respects the rest of the settings.

So he yanks his target out of the group and wastes aoe attacks on one guy.

But if you don't mind leaving his pet bar open to turn it off all the time, he does good dps. It's just a matter of getting him orange or moddable droid parts and keeping them up to date with reflex armoring and agile mods.

How does his DPS hold up in later levels?

Cause right now at level 30 he's pretty atrocious, even with solid droid gear on. :x

Edited by Sandwichism

Well against trash, worse against bosses, I guess. To be fair.

'Decent gear' is kind of in the eye of the beholder. Clearly jorgen can emphasize single target much better than 4x can--just because of his stances and abilities. So if you can take the hits and want someone to focus targets down fast with you, I guess, you really can't make the case for him. For killing a bunch of trash you dragged halfway down a hall because you're in a hurry, and well geared, 4x seems better to me.

With comparable gear, Jorgan will fairly easily out DPS Forex.

However, Forex's "the only good imperial hedonist is a dead imperial hedonist" personality is much more fun to have around than the moody thundercat.

+1 on that. Listening to Forex cracks me up. He is so enthusiastically polie about killing imps you just have to love him.

I think the best you can do is just really try and spec him out as best as possible. he'll be able to do ok damage, but not like Panthro. I havnt even given the guy an orange assault cannon yet and hes doing a lot more damage than anyone else i've got.

Forex is indeed great for his Imperial death sentence yelling and so on.

Does he works as dps? Most certainly. Jorgan is better vs. single targets, but he's seriously annoying vs. groups due to his slow attack speed.

Pimping Forex with moddable items to keep him up in level cause him to tear enemies apart. His issue is the tow cable, but this is easily changed by simply walking into groups Storm does feel wasted for that purpose so far, but meh...you need him in the middle of the groups for his area damage anway. The reason why Forex is better to my experience is due to his high amount of Hammershots. This is great fast damage compared to the slowarsed shots from Jorgan. Just run into groups, use Pulse Cannon and Sticky. Anything surviving stands up for a few seconds either dying to your or Forex's Hammershots.