Georg Z..can we get an answer about a merc interrupt?

Gnite

Your community people in the pts forum locked the other thread even though there was another thread about balance regarding smugglers that you responded to and they didn't lock.

Where's our answer regarding a merc interrupt?

• 1 month later...
Your community people in the pts forum locked the other thread even though there was another thread about balance regarding smugglers that you responded to and they didn't lock.

Where's our answer regarding a merc interrupt?

As much as I'd like one, if I was gambling I would guess a 0.00% chance it would ever happen. Do you really think they would add or modify a brand new skill post-beta? Have they done so with any other skill or class? I guess they'd have to add it to the trooper counterpart tree also.

The amount of 'low' skill players playing BH and Sorc is phenomenal, the reason I say that is because played well, Arsenal spec Merc can wipe the floor wit just about about one 1v1.

But

PvP is not about 1v1

right?

In group play Arsenal Merc is one of the AC that can dominate and turn the tide with AE massive ranged punts of players, relatively cheap heals and if they focus a target with ANY other DPS that target can not be kept up.

With basic working knowledge of resource management, field awareness and ranged skill a player can excel massively as a Arsenal Merc.

IF MERCS GET A RANGED INTERRUPT they will be as close to an alpha class as you can get.

I don't play Arsenal, but I do play Pyrotech. Sometimes it can be a little irritating trying to kill a geared sorc, but the damage I can do consistently is usually enough to bring them down.

If I had an interrupt it would just be too easy I think. Although it would be nice for certain pve encounters.

In group play Arsenal Merc is one of the AC that can dominate and turn the tide with AE massive ranged punts of players, relatively cheap heals and if they focus a target with ANY other DPS that target can not be kept up.

So do you even play a Merc ?? Massive AE ? :D Well, the only "Massive" AE we have is DfA with a 60 seconds CD. Sweeping Blaster ? lol nice for weak Enemies in PvE, otherwise a joke. Fusion Missile costs way to much heat. Finally Explosive Dart, i use it often, not for it´s AE but to time burst with Heat Seeker Missile and Rail shot. Arsenal Merc is not and never have been a AE class.

Regarding interrupts i think we would be OP if we were able to interrupt more. We have Rocket Punch (if specced into, 9 sec CD), Jet Boost (20Sec CD if specced into) , Electro Dart (60 sec CD) and your best friend LoS is free. If you have a melee on you try to get rid of him or even better keep an eye on the environment that they don´t come close enough. If a melee stays long on me and i do not have friends around, i die and that´s ok. On Range he dies, that´s the way it is. If you get interrupted stop Tracer Spam and switch to Power Shot.

stuns and knockbacks interrupt casting

just saying

I really wish people would stop saying this. CC is completely different from an interrupt. It's ignorant posts like this that makes BW think we're okay with no ACTUAL interrupt, when every other class has BOTH a CC AND interrupt, or if you're a sorc, 3 CC + 1 interrupt. GG

Merc doesn't have an interrupt. Jet blast and any of the stun missiles DONT interrupt when the target is at full resolve.

I didnt say mercs had an interrupt. I said you had an interrupt-shield: ie. a shield that prevents you from being interrupted.

I'd be happy if Electro Dart would interrupt a target even if he was at full resolve.

I wouldn't use it often for that, but it would be pretty nice in a pinch.

I'd like "On the Trail" not to require an active companion and to have a smaller cooldown like 5 minutes or something. Would be nice for some PvP situations.

I didnt say mercs had an interrupt. I said you had an interrupt-shield: ie. a shield that prevents you from being interrupted.

That's healer only. Unless you drop heat-seeking missiles which is incredibly stupid because they hit harder than tracer missile and are instant.

Edited by KhealThar