BioWare: "most" people aren't having SWTOR performance issues

Raggnarok

I just created a post for people that are having issues with performance. It is called [official thread] Performance Issues, Dev Tracker need more info. Per the Dev Tracker they are monitoring the amount of activity on the forums and CS tickets to determine the severity. This is a call to action and the thread is solely for performance issues.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just created a post for people that are having issues with performance. It is called [official thread] Performance Issues, Dev Tracker need more info. Per the Dev Tracker they are monitoring the amount of activity on the forums and CS tickets to determine the severity. This is a call to action and the thread is solely for performance issues.
Maybe you should have created this on the customer support forum, and also not called it "official", since you are definitely not a Bioware official...

Just my 2 cents...

The day I can re-enable grass, is the day I say TOR's most game ending bug is fixed. Literally, I can't enable it on heavy foliage worlds or it is instacrash. Disabling SLI helped this slightly, usually make it playable for a few mins before a crash. But the only complete fix is totally disabling it.

This is what happens when you only run beta weekends and bless a tiny few with extended beta. Most of the issues I find come up later in the game which would have been impossible to get to in the weekends. You got the start working better, but totally neglected the rest.

You should not be making a major content addition so soon. You should be doing major patches to fix the problem EA made by rushing you. Fix the areas that didn't get finished completely. There is plenty of content to keep people busy. Do not give in to the pace of the tiny % that are barreling through endgame.

I'd have to agree with the OP. If a third party like pcgamer are raising the same concerns that people in the community are bringing to the forums from beta to present. Then perhaps just this one time Bioware is not being completely truthful. We all obviously fell for the 60 dollar price tag that came with fine print called System Requirements. Well some folks above and below that baseline for System requirements are having some troubles. Bioware does not provide the best customer support staff and the game had no disclosure of said defaults, bugs or glitches, therefore BIOWARE is in default of relaying the truth to its customers to begin with.

Not the best super god-box but far from "low end machine" I made it last year and dumped $1000 into it. It can play games like battlefield 3 at max like a dream. My drivers area all up to date and I even re-installed them as well. I get into warzones and I dip to 10 - 20 FPS. Outside of warzones I get 99-110 FPS. Dipping down to 80 sometimes.

Alderaan Civil War has the biggest problems. I bought this game to PVP. It is tough to pvp when the game is messing up like this.

Oh and my shadows are off. and I turn my graphics settings to minimum just to be ok in a warzone.

Outside at max I run great! C'mon.

Edited by Ihazcrayon

The thread i mentioned in a previous reply is on page 5, because no one was able to view it when i posted it. The thread relates to performance issues and would like it to become the official thread because Dev Tracker has stated that they are monitoring the amount of forum discussion and replies to performance issues.

Not the best super god-box but far from "low end machine" I made it last year and dumped $1000 into it. It can play games like battlefield 3 at max like a dream. My drivers area all up to date and I even re-installed them as well. I get into warzones and I dip to 10 - 20 FPS. Outside of warzones I get 99-110 FPS. Dipping down to 80 sometimes.

Alderaan Civil War has the biggest problems. I bought this game to PVP. It is tough to pvp when the game is messing up like this.

Oh and my shadows are off. and I turn my graphics settings to minimum just to be ok in a warzone.

Outside at max I run great! C'mon.

I don't have the best super god-box either, and likewise I'm far from a "low end machine." I don't have these major FPS issues in warzones that you are experiencing. My shadows aren't off, my graphics settings are maxed, and my FPS rarely fluxuates. My worst ever was Fleet Station once, which dropped to 35.

How can we have such drastically different results, if the issue at hand resides solely with Bioware?

How can we have such drastically different results, if the issue at hand resides solely with Bioware?

no matter what the answer to this is, it hardly matters. What matters is that so many people are having similar issues with different systems in this game and not in others.