Raggnarok

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

8192MB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 overlocked

having the same issues as low end computers. so when people say it is mainly low end computers, i know they are full of it.

ummm just cause you have the same problem as people with low end computers doesn't make it so it's not mainly with low end computers.

1 person out of 50,000 people does not make a majority.

Again NO ONE IS SAYING IT"S NOT HAPPENING WITH HIGH END COMPUTERS

JUst that it is not the majority.

THEY ARE STILL WOKRING ON THE PROBLEM WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

There's also hardware issues. I wonder how many backyard computer geeks know to use a anti-static strap with installing those $400 video cards and all that ram the bought?

Here all you would-be know it alls. Learn.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/82184/avoid_static_damage_to_your_pc.html

BTW I learned this because I worked with expensive test equipment years ago for an Aerospace manufacturer. You need to learn your "potential".

You can fry a card that will show it's ugly side under load but run fine at idle. Sounds like what some maybe experiencing.

Most people are too quick to discount the hardware issue. Software runs on hardware from countless manufacturers. It could very well be that specific manufacturers of specific cards and motherboards and RAM have some issue with the way TOR is trying to run.

Personally, I think the developers will try to address as many of these issues as they can, but people who are still having serious issues (aside from FPS dips on the fleet) might want to start looking at their hardware.

I'm paranoid, but I use a special anti-static foam to set components on during the build as well as use a wrist strap when installing. Even the device I use to blow the dust out of my machine is designed to reduce the chance of static discharge. I had a stick of RAM years ago that caused performance issues due to static... taking proper precautions is always cheaper than buying new components because you killed them by being careless.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2,4 ghz, 5 gb ram; Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 1gb dram.

I play the game at 1600x1050 on high settings but shadows which i keep low (same as i was forced to do with wow, not worth lowering the fps to have better shadows...).

My system is a bit old, still i can play anything up to now with good fps. I never go down 30 fps and often i'm over 60. I never noticed any difference playing other games at 100 and even in swtor sometimes fps goes up to 90 without giving me any apparent better appearance.

I'm sure Bioware is taking this matter seriously, it's beyond any doubt that many got this problem because there many complaints about it.

What i'm afraid of is the fact that, most probably ( from the posts that i read here ), the machines affected by this are those newer and more powerful.

It would mean that the game, in its long years it has been developed, has not been well tested on the latest pcs generation...

Or/and most of you got a pc which has not been built properly, do not forget that we are talking about PC IBM "compatible" machines.

We can't be 100% sure that even 2 machines wholly built by the same manufacturer can be compatible with the same program.

Edited by Frnnd

Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

8192MB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 overlocked

having the same issues as low end computers. so when people say it is mainly low end computers, i know they are full of it.

The only thing that I can think of is that they're fine because:

1) Their server pop is low

2) They live RIGHT NEXT to a high speed internet provider, or something like that.

3) They don't have their entire family using the internet.

Okay, fine. Let's narrow it down. What OS are you running and how's your performance?

Win7 x64 sporadically crappy performance with FPS drops unless shadows are "low" and shaders are "medium." Will run great for awhile and then, for no discernable reason, will drop to 25-30 FPS.

Edited by Mannic

There's also hardware issues. I wonder how many backyard computer geeks know to use a anti-static strap with installing those $400 video cards and all that ram the bought?

Here all you would-be know it alls. Learn.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/82184/avoid_static_damage_to_your_pc.html

BTW I learned this because I worked with expensive test equipment years ago for an Aerospace manufacturer. You need to learn your "potential".

You can fry a card that will show it's ugly side under load but run fine at idle. Sounds like what some maybe experiencing.

You're describing an extremely rare situation - and folks have other games that will load up their GPU and show weirdness if that's the issue. Most people don't need a grounding strap - but you should always discharge any static before handling computer parts - grabbing the metal part of the case will do.

About a week ago i would have been mad about this but when 1.02 (i think) was implemented all my fps issues vanished and i run the game at 60 fps on medium now, same thing happened to my buddies who were having the same problem.

Course i guess it could have been a fluke, idk.

EDIT- I would like to add that this is a PR thing and even though this may be completely nonfactual (i would not know i don't have access to data) they said they were gonna fix it and thats the important thing right?

Edited by SgtSlacker

Or/and most of you got a pc which has not been built properly, do not forget that we are talking about PC IBM "compatible" machines.

We can't be 100% sure that even 2 machines wholly built by the same manufacturer can be compatible with the same program.

lolwut?

Windows 7 is Windows 7. AMD driver 12.1 is AMD driver 12.1.

ps: if you bought a " manufactured" pc in a store you deserve issues.

It's funny how some blow it off like " all PC's are different"

Edited by Your_dominus

Look at the difference. TOR is online. If you're getting that kind of issues you might have a router issue, firmware issue etc. There are a lot of other reasons for poor frame-rate not related to video.

I have a 24/12 line running directly from the modem. Not a single person on it but me. I get sub 50 ping in TOR

There's no problem as long as you have at least a 4 core and good enough parts to go with it. Perfect example being my recent upgrade from 2 to 4 cores, as well as some other much needed upgrades.

You need the proper computer to play this without very noticable slowdowns and FPS loss, even on lowest possible settings for this game.

From the texture thread.

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (maximum overclock)

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro

Ridicious cooling

700 Watt power

Insane slowdowns/FPS loss on Fleet even during offpeak hours (I know I am still trying to tweak my settings and find out why)

Slowdowns/FPS loss either constant on planets or noticable every 10 to 30 seconds depending on my settings.

i dont care anymore about high res textures, how about making the game run the way it should with medium textures and everything else maxed?

You are an incredible troll. A maestro of some sort.

QFT!!!

My setup is quite similar to yours, or was till yesterday when I swapped the 250 for a 450. Talk about a major improvement in noise, system temp, FPS, and everything!!

I have a 24/12 line running directly from the modem. Not a single person on it but me. I get sub 50 ping in TOR

wth does ping have to do with fps?

Two differnt things.

QFT!!!

My setup is quite similar to yours, or was till yesterday when I swapped the 250 for a 450. Talk about a major improvement in noise, system temp, FPS, and everything!!

wHo Hold the phone, you upgraded from a gts 250 to a gts450 and your fps went up??

NEATO!

Edited by Your_dominus

You don't wanna hear crushing, juttery fps on the fleet using a 4ghz quad core, 8gb of ram, and 6950?

I don't give a crap how busy it is. There is just no reason for it.

And I certainly don't care that you " don't want to hear it"

I have a 4GHZ 1100T and a 6950 with 8 gigs of ram and am getting 30- 40 FPS in fleet.

It's funny how some blow it off like " all PC's are different"

They ARE

Some of us update our drivers

Some do not

Some of us run Norton

Some run Mcaffee

Some run [insertvirusprotectionhere]

Some have 4 gig of ram

Some have 6 gig of ram

Some have 16 gig of ram

Some run beta drivers

Some run outdated drivers

The variables in a PC are endless. They are, quite literally, in the millions

They ARE

Some of us update our drivers

Some do not

Some of us run Norton

Some run Mcaffee

Some run [insertvirusprotectionhere]

Some have 4 gig of ram

Some have 6 gig of ram

Some have 16 gig of ram

Some run beta drivers

Some run outdated drivers

The variables in a PC are endless. They are, quite literally, in the millions

Way to play semantics. That's not what I meant.

This. I'm so sick and tired of peeps claiming to have 60+ fps, never dipping INCLUDING on the fleet.

Everyone knows they're full of it, or blind/ignorant so why make such a claim?

Not always. Your absolutes are ignorant. Look, i generally get 80-100 fps in most areas, outputing at full 1080p with everything on and all setting either high or medium. In the fleet last night (10o or so people there), i was still in the 80s for fps. Once i got to Dromand Kass (sp?), where there were a lot of people last night, it dropped down to the 60s, and inside buildings (mandalorian enclave especially) it dipped down to between 25-40. There was no noticable lag really, just not quite as crispy smooth. I run an amd 6 core @ 2.9, 8 gigs of ram, and a geforce 460gtx. I used to run an ati hd6450 and it was horrible, averaged around 16 fps outside and 7fps inside. The new card really has made all the difference. No, i don't have any screen shots of my play last night (who really does that?), you'd just have to take my word for it. Im not going to say "everything runs incredible at all times", becuase obviously it varies, but the performance i described above is pretty good in my book. If the worst it ever gets down to is like 25-30 fps i really can't complain too much. Just giving my experience.