Take Armoring out of Cybertech, and give it to Armormech/Synthweaving

Countryfiedjedi

So everyone being the same crew skill at 50 is the answer? Maybe Bioware should've posted in the description of armorcraft/synthweaving that "these skills are useful for level but completely worthless when you hit 50".

Well, up until just a couple hours ago, cybertech and the armor pieces and mods it could make were going to be useless at level 50....since they'd not be on par with level 50 purple gear. So, only now is it going to be useful at endgame, like bio will be. And yes, you're right, each of the professions seem to be extremely underwhelming in terms of end game usefulness (with the exception of bio, and now cyber).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if they allow Cybertech's that took the skill specifically for armoring & mods to be an equal level in the a new profession. I worked up to 400 in order to make myself beginner ready for PvP/Raids and now I don't want any changes to what schematics are in the actual profession.

So basically no - a bad idea.

Well let me burst your bubble... you won't need to use your own, you can get better or as good for 2 commendations.

Right now:

Synth - only makes force armor, no mod slots

Arms - makes all weapons except lightsabers and droid parts, barrel mods

Cyber - makes ship upgrades, armor mods, mod mods, droid parts

Armor - makes non-force armor, no mod slots

Artifice - makes lightsabers, lightsaber hilts, enchantment mods

It would make sense to me to move Enchantment Mods from Artifice to Synthweaving and and Armor Mods from Cybertech to Armormech.

Then it would be:

Synth: Force Armor, Enchantment Mods

Arms: Weapons, Barrel Mods

Cyber: Ship/Droid, Modification Mods

Armor: Non-Force Armor, Armor Mods

Artifice: Lightsabers, Lightsaber Hilts

Idk about you but my armormech only makes orange armor... I didnt bother with blue grade stuff. Just orange armor o.o

Unless what you meant by "no mod slots" was "doesnt make modifications"

Then it would be:

This is what I thought it was going to be when they announced orange items. It makes sense that everyone would provide one mod for themselves, but be dependent upon others to get the other mods for their gear.

But it's tough to change things mid-stream b/c people hate being nerfed or having their toys taken away. If this were to be the change, you'd have to find some way to give Cybertechs a benefit they don't currently have.

Right now:

Synth - only makes force armor, no mod slots

Arms - makes all weapons except lightsabers and droid parts, barrel mods

Cyber - makes ship upgrades, armor mods, mod mods, droid parts

Armor - makes non-force armor, no mod slots

Artifice - makes lightsabers, lightsaber hilts, enchantment mods

It would make sense to me to move Enchantment Mods from Artifice to Synthweaving and and Armor Mods from Cybertech to Armormech.

Then it would be:

I think that creates too much of an opportunity for a lock down on specific items, or even related items.

If you have a need for a chest piece (in your scenario), you would need to go to an armor mech. Need a mod for your orange chest piece (that you specifically sought out so you'd avoid the armor mech dealer), you still need to go to the armor mech. Same goes for the force equipment in your scenario.

The way it's set up now, you need to go to 2 different groups for your needs...a much better scenario imo. Competition begets fair prices, whereas if you have just one group making all the requisites for an item, you'll get gouged pricewise.

But it's tough to change things mid-stream b/c people hate being nerfed or having their toys taken away. If this were to be the change, you'd have to find some way to give Cybertechs a benefit they don't currently have.

Why would you have to give a benefit to balance the game?

I'll preface this by saying I'm a Cybertech.

It seems only fair to me that if Armstech and Artifice can make hilts and barrels, that Synthweavers and Armortechers make armoring.

However, I would say Cybertech should gain the ability to craft Enhancements. If you take away armoring without giving anything in return, that leaves very little that Cybertech can make.

And also, this would be very difficult to do now that we are no longer in beta.

Edited by Felioats

I think that creates too much of an opportunity for a lock down on specific items, or even related items.

If you have a need for a chest piece (in your scenario), you would need to go to an armor mech. Need a mod for your orange chest piece (that you specifically sought out so you'd avoid the armor mech dealer), you still need to go to the armor mech. Same goes for the force equipment in your scenario.

The way it's set up now, you need to go to 2 different groups for your needs...a much better scenario imo. Competition begets fair prices, whereas if you have just one group making all the requisites for an item, you'll get gouged pricewise.

That would only make any sense whatsoever if only one player on each server could take each crafting profession. A single player will not corner the market as you suggest, not when he has other players competing with him within his own profession.

-Macheath.

Not entirely,

I think in this situation, you need a Chestpiece, you go to an Armormech for the Chestpiece + Armoring, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a gun? You go to the Armstech for the weapon + barrel, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a lightsaber? You go to the Artifice for the weapon + hilt, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a Force-Armor? You go to the Synthweaver for the Armor + Enchantment, Armormech for the Armoring, the Cybertech for the Mod.

If anything, this still skews it in favour of Cybertech, Synth and Armormech, because there's multiple slots for armor (Head, Chest, Pants, Boots) that all benefit from Armor, Enhancement and Modification mods, while you only have 1-2 weapons that Armstech and Artifice will affect.

Not entirely,

I think in this situation, you need a Chestpiece, you go to an Armormech for the Chestpiece + Armoring, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a gun? You go to the Armstech for the weapon + barrel, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a lightsaber? You go to the Artifice for the weapon + hilt, the Cybertech for the Mod, the Synthweaver for the Enhancement.

You need a Force-Armor? You go to the Synthweaver for the Armor + Enchantment, Armormech for the Armoring, the Cybertech for the Mod.

If anything, this still skews it in favour of Cybertech, Synth and Armormech, because there's multiple slots for armor (Head, Chest, Pants, Boots) that all benefit from Armor, Enhancement and Modification mods, while you only have 1-2 weapons that Armstech and Artifice will affect.

And further, if you don't give any mods to the crafters who craft the orange items, then those crafters become completely unnecessary to the process, as all they can craft is an empty shell. There's nothing of substance to sell, only novelty items. Sure, you'll do some business with people who like the way your armor looks, but there's no "need" for anyone to buy your armor shells, as all orange armor shells are equivalent statistically, right from level 10 to 50.

Whereas the modifications themselves provide statistical bonuses, making them necessary to improve your character's overall performance. If BioWare is going to keep modifications in the game at all, they need to give each crafting profession a type of mod to craft (except Biochem, of course, since they already fill their own niche with healing items and stims, which provide their own statistical bonuses.) It makes sense to split armor mods between Synth and Armormech, just as weapon mods are split between Artificing and Armstech. It would add a lot of parity to the crafting systems, and cybertech would still be plenty useful just with the grenades and ship upgrades they can craft, nevermind that they would still be able to craft "mod" mods.

-Macheath.

Where-as I can agree that in some ways it doesn't make "sense" for Cybertech to make armoring, and Armortech could use something to craft that can bring in more income....my first reaction to this is NO.

Why? Because, I will seflishly admit it is due to me having made an income so far selling Armor mods, especially those I have worked hard to RE to the purple schematic. Additionally, I have invested a lot of time and income in learning the schematics.

If the developers were to switch around these things, they would need to have due compensation: schematics to craft in their place, and compensation for the time, credits, and resources many of us have already invested in Armoring.

Since there are no search functions, I have no idea if this has been proposed.

Give Synthweaving the "force centric" armorings, and Armormech the "tech centric" armorings. Makes sense to me. And this is coming from a Cybertech.

I have too much crap I have to keep up with as it is between mods, ship upgrages, droid upgrades, ear pieces, and grenades.

Armstech, Articfice, Cybertech all provide "mods"... no reason Armormech/Synthweaving can't as well. This will help with those 2 crew skills feeling "un-needed".

No......

Ya, that is a pretty decent point, about giving them something of substance to sell and not just an empty shell <<<< i made a rhyme :)

I also agree that you'd need to give something back to cybertech though. Taking one thing away from it is not right, since there's no way an argument can be made that it's remotely OP as it is , LOL I like the munitions idea, but then that would obsolete (?) the crystals. I'm not sure what the fix would be if armor mods were taken away. hmmmmmm

Edited by Mozivicus

That would only make any sense whatsoever if only one player on each server could take each crafting profession. A single player will not corner the market as you suggest, not when he has other players competing with him within his own profession.

-Macheath.

I was thinking more along the lines of it being easier to corner the market by a common group of people as opposed to multiple groups of people.

I do agree though, that it's probably too late to adjust this now, even though it's simply a rebalancing, people will not be happy to see their Cybertechs lose the armorings or their Artifices lose their enhancements.

Even though when compared to their respective professions there is a glaring imbalance visible.

Why do people keep looking at these "problems" through the lens of only playing one toon? I guess no one noticed that you can have one of each crafter and still have characters slots left on the same server. Grow up and play multiple characters like an adult.

Ah... ok. Understood. You know how hard it is to "get" modable gear schematics? Supposedly, there is a modable version (orange) of every green model. But, you can't RE to an Orange. You have to wait for yourself or someone else to find the schematic in a mission.

Okay, but that just increases the demand (and by extension, profit) for those crafters who do have these recipes.

Why do people keep looking at these "problems" through the lens of only playing one toon? I guess no one noticed that you can have one of each crafter and still have characters slots left on the same server. Grow up and play multiple characters like an adult.

What kind of adult has time to fully level up 2-3 toons. One with no job, wife, kids or anything else to do.

Since there are no search functions, I have no idea if this has been proposed.

Give Synthweaving the "force centric" armorings, and Armormech the "tech centric" armorings. Makes sense to me. And this is coming from a Cybertech.

I have too much crap I have to keep up with as it is between mods, ship upgrages, droid upgrades, ear pieces, and grenades.

Armstech, Articfice, Cybertech all provide "mods"... no reason Armormech/Synthweaving can't as well. This will help with those 2 crew skills feeling "un-needed".

Here is a clue for you. Come lvl 50. You can buy with daily coms or though Heroic daily get better Armor and Mods than Cyber's can make. Also get enhancements too

So protest till your blue in the face it makes that part of CyberTech useless.

This is the most ridiculous idea I have heard in a long time.

Why not totally gimp another profession, and take away the only remotely useful thing, and add it to another profession, that can not only outfit 50% of the faction in 50% of the slots, and can make orange everlasting, raid and pvp-moddable (in the future at least) and highly sought after items.

This is beyond comprehension.

This is the most ridiculous idea I have heard in a long time.

Why not totally gimp another profession, and take away the only remotely useful thing, and add it to another profession, that can not only outfit 50% of the faction in 50% of the slots, and can make orange everlasting, raid and pvp-moddable (in the future at least) and highly sought after items.

This is beyond comprehension.

The End Game coms and quests have already gimped cyber with better Armor and Mods than we can make. BW did it already.

What kind of adult has time to fully level up 2-3 toons. One with no job, wife, kids or anything else to do.

It's called Legacy and works that way that you park your Alts in cantinas and every now and then you play them for fun, story and play all their rest away. Takes about 4 hours to get a companion and start your business.

I took Cybertech expecting to be able to make cybernetic implants...

I'd be happy for armourmech to have armouring in addition to it's other categories if I could have implants in cybernetics. I'm sure other skills could have some overlap too. Perhaps this is something Boware should consider.

This is what I thought it was going to be when they announced orange items. It makes sense that everyone would provide one mod for themselves, but be dependent upon others to get the other mods for their gear.

Improve the ordinance we can make- better grenade batch sizes rather than 1-per-crafting and add in similar toys like proximity charges. Give Armstech the option to make stuff like grenade launchers/missile launchers (hello, more Trooper/BH choices) and let Cybertechs make the munitions for them.