Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

LFG Tool is NOT Needed

Thamelas

LOT.But if they just took the time to get to know a few people and ran with them, they wouldn't need a finder in the first place, and they'd play better.
This statement is so naive. That's precisely the reason why the LFD is needed. Not everybody plays the same. Breaking news? I know.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't. I would be perfectly fine with everyone running content.

But the problem with the LFD tool is that the group it creates is not going to be as good as a group that plays together more regularly. The content, ESPECIALLY the hardmode content, shouldn't get dumbed down just so these random groups have a chance to complete it, because that doesn't leave any fun for those of us who think that facerull content is boring. And the way it stands right now, I'm betting that a group of people randomly tossed together won't get very far in the hardmodes. They're going to cry. A LOT.

But if they just took the time to get to know a few people and ran with them, they wouldn't need a finder in the first place, and they'd play better.

Bads ARE in the game in WoW. The content pre-raid is so easy that it never pushes people to learn their own class, much less to cooperate with other people towards a goal. Blizzard's LFD tool fosters that. They tried to get away from it some with the early Cata dungeons, but people threw a hissy, so they nerfed it to hell and gone and its all easy crap now. And people have no reason to learn their class.

Really don't want that here.

I actually like this game.

Your narrow minded views make me not want to debate with you anymore.

You do know that wow is a lot tougher of a game right? This game is super easy and straight forward compare to wow?

Just because the tool gets added does not mean the content gets dumb down. The content in this game right now is super easy compare to wows content. So i doubt people will even care to make it easier.

Edited by Teladis

Um I still don't understand this. I've never had a problem kicking people from a group who was being out of line.

1) there is a votekick timer starts 15 min CD

2) if you are unlucky and get stuck with a griefer and votekick him you are punished with an increased timer

3) you can only votekick 1 per dungeon run, so if you are unlucky and get a greifer replacement, you are screwed

4) People who get votekicked alot have a personal votekick timer that can increase to over 2 hours of protection

Just because you are lucky, and did not see many greifers, does not mean that is the case for everyone.

That is a lie, LFD did not damage the community at all. I'm tired of that stupid false info to keep spreading around. If we are talking about wow community, Since Burning the community has been bad. The LFD system let other people play content in a timely manner.

I'm just tired of seeing the LFD ruined the community, if the community was as strong as people made it out to be. They would not have got ruined by it. There was still guilds doing content and players still pick to group with friends when they could. The LFD is the best thing to have ever been added to a mmo.

Dude you've already admitted that you're disconnected and don't care about the community. How the hell would you know what has harmed a community that you're not a part of...?!

Just because YOU don't care about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

No, the problem is, bioware may cave to the crying and give the griefers votekick protection.

LFD is not just a tool for griefing, but WoW's LFD system can be easily used for greifing, at the expense of the majority of players who are decent people.

You realize it was a way to grief the opposite way as well? All you had to do was have 4 people to down to a certain point and vote kick the last person so you're guaranteed if a drop comes up to get it. Griefing can happen many ways. We already have people ninja needing for companions. The community isnt the greatest already.

Dude you've already admitted that you're disconnected and don't care about the community. How the hell would you know what has harmed a community that you're not a part of...?!

Just because YOU don't care about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

That makes no sense at all. I can see what happens around me, I was in a guild and knew people. I played the game long enough to know the community. I don't play the game for the community does not mean that I don't get dragged into it with friends I do make, or people I use for loot lol.

I'm just tired of false info about how LFD system killed a community. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Your narrow minded views make me not want to debate with you anymore.

You do know that wow is a lot tougher of a game right? This game is super easy and straight forward compare to wow?

Just because the tool gets added does not mean the content gets dumb down. The content in this game right now is super easy compare to wows content. So i doubt people will even care to make it easier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

DUDE!!! Don't say stuff like this..! I was taking a drink of cola and almost blew it out my nose...!

WoW is not "a lot tougher" than ANY game.... lol

And how the hell would you know anyway...??!?!

YOU CAN'T GET A GROUP!

DUDE!!! Don't say stuff like this..! I was taking a drink of cola and almost blew it out my nose...!

YOU CAN'T GET A GROUP!

I've got a group, I just don't want to waste my time with getting anymore.

If you think this game is tougher than wow, you are just being a fanboy. Wow has went through a lot of changes to make it tougher for players like myself and still keep it friendly to others. Wow's content is alot more diverse and tougher over the hard modes we have now. Unless the bugs in it is suppose to make it tougher.

Your wow hate is blinding you.

YOU CAN'T GET A GROUP!

That was very constructive of yours... You just made his point.

1) there is a votekick timer starts 15 min CD

2) if you are unlucky and get stuck with a griefer and votekick him you are punished with an increased timer

3) you can only votekick 1 per dungeon run, so if you are unlucky and get a greifer replacement, you are screwed

4) People who get votekicked alot have a personal votekick timer that can increase to over 2 hours of protection

Just because you are lucky, and did not see many greifers, does not mean that is the case for everyone.

and you can just add them to blacklist and leave groups when they grief. Or report them. There is jerks in all games. I would be more pissed if I spent all this time making a group and someone griefs.

You realize it was a way to grief the opposite way as well? All you had to do was have 4 people to down to a certain point and vote kick the last person so you're guaranteed if a drop comes up to get it. Griefing can happen many ways. We already have people ninja needing for companions. The community isnt the greatest already.

So youre saying you dont want any LFD system at all?

We have a decent LFG system already, under the Who tab.

Make it server wide, make comments easier to read, and for the love of god, put a huge button on the main UI somewhere so people SEE it, and it would do the job.

That would be a good start. The current LFG is not cross planet and forces people to gather in certain areas spamming the channels: it's useless.

We have a decent LFG system already, under the Who tab.

Make it server wide, make comments easier to read, and for the love of god, put a huge button on the main UI somewhere so people SEE it, and it would do the job.

Not really, in other mmos this type of system did not work well. Wow even tried it at one point.

Also the cross server LFD system helps one sided pop servers or low pop servers in the future who still wants to do content, but has a hard time finding people. while the current system could work. Why not just plan for the future?

Edited by Teladis

and you can just add them to blacklist and leave groups when they grief. Or report them. There is jerks in all games. I would be more pissed if I spent all this time making a group and someone griefs.

So your against having an LFd system without heavy handed grifer protecting votekick protection?

If you truly just wanted an LFD system, why do you care if greifers get protected or not?

A looking for group tool would be nice if it were restricted to server side only. None of this cross server nonsense. This way if someone ninja'd, left early, sucked, you'd know! Having to group with players you might be grouping with anyway is a good way to sucker you in to not sucking (sucking= ninja, sucking, leaving, afking forever)

This game doesn't need a fully fledged LFD tool like WoW had, it just needs at the very least some type of global LFG tab that would allow people to list their role, what heroics/flashpoints they want to do, etc.

That's all. Just SOMETHING to make the grouping process somewhat more streamlined.

Not really, in other mmos this type of system did not work well. Wow even tried it at one point.

Also the cross server LFD system helps one sided pop servers or low pop servers in the future who still wants to do content, but has a hard time finding people.

That's the reason why we need to options:

- one intra-server. For people who are afraid of everything and particularly the lack of accountability of others

- one cross server. For people who don't care and just want to do group content in the best delays.

No, I don't. I would be perfectly fine with everyone running content.

But the problem with the LFD tool is that the group it creates is not going to be as good as a group that plays together more regularly. The content, ESPECIALLY the hardmode content, shouldn't get dumbed down just so these random groups have a chance to complete it, because that doesn't leave any fun for those of us who think that facerull content is boring. And the way it stands right now, I'm betting that a group of people randomly tossed together won't get very far in the hardmodes. They're going to cry. A LOT.

But if they just took the time to get to know a few people and ran with them, they wouldn't need a finder in the first place, and they'd play better.

Bads ARE in the game in WoW. The content pre-raid is so easy that it never pushes people to learn their own class, much less to cooperate with other people towards a goal. Blizzard's LFD tool fosters that. They tried to get away from it some with the early Cata dungeons, but people threw a hissy, so they nerfed it to hell and gone and its all easy crap now. And people have no reason to learn their class.

Really don't want that here.

I actually like this game.

But that's such an overgeneralization man. Let me just tell you my experience:

I was in a raiding guild. 6/7 heroic. NOT easy. No choice but to learn your class. In fact I was almost kicked because my dps was too low. (i had taken a long break from the game and needed to up my game). I did. And stats show pre-new content nerf of Rag being VERY exclusive. Clearly there IS content that is tough.

Now pre-raid, maybe not so much. But that's relative. Is a nerfed heroic harder than a normal mode 5 man. Of course it is. So what group is excluded? The ppl that can't even do heroic? The normal group?

I honestly think blizz has done a good job providing alot of different scaled content fr alot of different ppl. Ok maybe there may not be something as specific as a 5man that is exactly as tough as a heroic raid boss and takes 2 hours. If that's what you need maybe BW will provide EXACTLY that.

But right now most ppl can't even get to step A for normal modes. And honestly you don't know that just because you implement a LFD tool necessarily means a nerf will happen to ALL modes. That will be up to BW. You're forcasting. A nerf may happen anyway. LFD just gives you access.

A looking for group tool would be nice if it were restricted to server side only. None of this cross server nonsense. This way if someone ninja'd, left early, sucked, you'd know! Having to group with players you might be grouping with anyway is a good way to sucker you in to not sucking (sucking= ninja, sucking, leaving, afking forever)

The LFD crowd won't accept an LFD system without greifer protection, as you can see in this thread. If they truly just wanted an LFD system for fastt groups, they wouldnt all be defending grifer votekick protections.

It really wasnt that hard to get to the truth.

So your against having an LFd system without heavy handed grifer protecting votekick protection?

If you truly just wanted an LFD system, why do you care if greifers get protected or not?

Heavy handed or not, I really don't care. As long as we have the tools that everyone agrees to kick someone acting up. They can work on the rules, because I've never got kicked before or only dealt with two bad groups. One of them was a guild group that was annoying. The other was a tank who trolled.

Nothing that made me hate the lfd system.

Edited by Teladis

Heavy handed or not, I really don't care. As long as we have the tools that everyone agrees to kick someone acting up. They can work on the rules, because I've got kicked before or only dealt with two bad groups. One of them was a guild group that was annoying. The other was a tank who trolled.

Nothing that made me hate the lfd system.

Well the heavy handed votekick restrictions made me hate LFD, and i do not want to see an LFD like WOW's with those same greifer protections.