The Myth About Color Crystals and the Subsequent QQing...

TrillionBuks

I keep reading that people are QQing because they wish color crystals were not tied to stats because they want X color but need Y stat and should not be forced into a color so not to be gimped. To this I ask...huh? Have you done any research? Unless Torhead.com is completely wrong this is a non issue.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/3

You need to focus on Crit? Well you can get an Eviscerating Crystal in a multitude of colors. Same goes for all other stats. Whats the problem!?

Color crystals shouldn't have stats. End of.

It's a cosmetic thing.

According to who? If you can get stats AND the color you want why do you object to having an additional stat slot? Cosmetics has nothing to do with it when you can get the color you want regardless of spec/AC.

I keep reading that people are QQing because they wish color crystals were not tied to stats because they want X color but need Y stat and should not be forced into a color so not to be gimped. To this I ask...huh? Have you done any research? Unless Torhead.com is completely wrong this is a non issue.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/3

You need to focus on Crit? Well you can get an Eviscerating Crystal in a multitude of colors. Same goes for all other stats. Whats the problem!?

Point ------------------------------------->

Seriously. You totally missed it.

I am a Dark Jedi, so I use Red Crystals solely for the fact to let everyone know I am a dark jedi, since I have a hood and my face can't be seen. I am also a Guardian so I need +endurance. I never having trouble finding these. I did buy an Orange colored crystal because it was a purple item and gave better stats, but once I reached the level to get a Red with higher End, I bought it to replace the orange.

The crap that was data mined and listed on Torhead early on or even just straight up assumptions made by those creating the database are rarely correct. This isn't like WoWhead where players can run a mod that collects and sends data to the database. A lot of the stuff on Torhead is no longer relevant or never was to begin with. Edited by Akilae

The crap that was data mined and listed on Torhead early on or even just straight up assumptions made by those creating the database are rarely correct. This isn't like WoWhead where players can run a mod that collects and sends data to the database. A lot of the stuff on Torhead is no longer relevant or never was to begin with.

So are you saying that this specifically is wrong? I cannot get a red, yellow, purple +crit crystal?

So are you saying that this specifically is wrong? I cannot get a red, yellow, purple +crit crystal?

well you can't get purple if you're republic, and can't get cyan if you're empire for starts. What about white crystals? torhead has them so everyone in the game must have them right?

The point people are trying to get you to see is that there are a very limited number of colors available to players in the first place, and then some of these are restricted either by faction or light/dark alignment.

So if you're a darkside empire player you can only chose from red, orange, yellow, purple, red-black, magenta; with the last 3 being hard to obtain and only for max level.

(afaik)

edit: you can also get yellow-black (level 7 only), and green-black (level 5(?) only and have to purchase an overpriced razer product).

Edited by medicalprobe

Color crystals SHOULD have stats so it's a cosmetic thing that MEANS something.

Just like how there are some cool enchants in some other games and they make your weapon look like whatever they happen to do.

Nobody gets enchants because of how they make something look. They don't even make them look different, they just give them an effect that's barely visible.

You get enchants because they have stats that make you better.

COLOR crystals, should not have STATS, because they are cosmetic.

If they wanted this, they should have made another stat slot.

It really is mindblowing to see all the issues with this game.

there should be restrictions.

the blue/green crystals are almost universally associated with light side jedi.

red crystals overwhelmingly universally associated with sith/dark side.

having a crystal have a stat mod is moot because there does exist a variant for every available stat mod in all standard colors.

the... light/dark req for various crystals makes perfect sense.

for exotic colors. purple, white, whatever. i honestly don't know enough. but just because... less than a month out. not everyone has one. doesn't mean they don't exist ingame. but if they're meant to be rare. they should have some threshold that makes them not universally accessible. lvl req, pvp rank, alignment req

what possible argument is there against this simple. it's almost perfectly balanced as an ingame dynamic can get. in keeping with lore/gating of content.

except the childish. i want X and therefor QQ type argument.