Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give Togruta and Wookie to the Republic to fix the growing imbalance between factions

Vlacke

I'm a SW lore noob. Can anyone post pictures of the races you're naming off?

Well you might find this useful.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togruta

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Dor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan

Edit : I will rename the topic and insert Kel'Dor instead of a Wookie for reasons stated by others in this thread.

Edit 2: Title change option seems to not be working properly :)

Edited by Vlacke

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively, you could give Gungans to the Empire, thus driving many Empire players to the Republic and thereby evening the population a bit.

Just a thought.

very meta version of the Mass Effect "genophage"

i like it

Rodians.

I have been wanting to play as a Rodian smuggler or bounty hunter for IDK HOW LONG

True i agree that Rodians should also be in game, however Rodian species must be viable to both Empire and the Republic, as you said both Smugglers and Bounty Hunters should have them.

On the other hand some of the previously mentioned races (Togruta, Kel'Dor, Nautolan) need to be made Republic exclusive as an incentive to improve faction imbalance issues.

I would gladly roll a republic toon if I could make a Togruta. IMO they really only work as republic, except for maybe Sith Inquisitor since they start as slaves.

Wookie has about as much chance of making it in as yoda's race does.

Give Republic Togruta, Kel'dor and Nautolan and watch the imbalance even out. That way the empire gets the better looking armor, but the republic gets the better looking species. Seriously, it's probably the only thing that would work. and it works out because the empire is pretty racist anyway. Having their available races (species) heavily limited works fine with the lore.

If those became Republic Exclusive then the Empire better get 3 of the following.

Rodian

Cathar

Voss

Duros

Kaleesh

Kiffar

I don't think more race option will turn the inbalance around, most people just like the dark stuff and like to do those things that in real life you can't ( in matter of inmorale choices )... but also remember that this is just running a month and it will balance more in the long run cause of people changing sides

I don't think more race option will turn the inbalance around, most people just like the dark stuff and like to do those things that in real life you can't ( in matter of inmorale choices )... but also remember that this is just running a month and it will balance more in the long run cause of people changing sides
Personally I have no interest in making a Republic character because I have no interest in their stories or playing as a Smuggler/Trooper/Jedi.

If those became Republic Exclusive then the Empire better get 3 of the following.

Rodian

Cathar

Voss

Duros

Kaleesh

Kiffar

To be honest, giving one exclusive race for the republic and in return one exclusive race for the Empire wouldn't change a thing regarding imbalance issues.

At this point any exclusive race given to the Empire side would just crush the Republic numbers to the point of no return, sounds bad but it is true.

Well, Empire has 3 faction specific races...only fair that Repub does too. Just say no to Wookiees, though.

Alternatively, you could give Gungans to the Empire, thus driving many Empire players to the Republic and thereby evening the population a bit.

Just a thought.

I'd probably stop playing Empire completely and PvP on my Republic toons exclusively if I got to kill Gungans.

Wookies wouldn't work because they don't speak galactic basic.

Yet in the BH story line, a wookie is running the great hunt and talks multiple times and everyone in the room seemed to understand him.

There are too many inconsistencies to let a detail like speaking galactic basis stop BW from including a race as playable.

Yet in the BH story line, a wookie is running the great hunt and talks multiple times and everyone in the room seemed to understand him.

There are too many inconsistencies to let a detail like speaking galactic basis stop BW from including a race as playable.

Well, let's say they did add it. What would it be like to hear a Wookie speak with David Hayter's voice? Apart from it being hilarious, it just wouldn't sound right.

Well, let's say they did add it. What would it be like to hear a Wookie speak with David Hayter's voice? Apart from it being hilarious, it just wouldn't sound right.

He would jsut make wookie noises and have subtext. No problem and I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of wookies being rolled. My main argument was that a race shouldn't be excluded because of something as silly as language. I'm betting that the biggest limitation to creating playable races is making the gear work with the models. I'd love to play a jawa tank, but people would be whining that they couldn't see the gear under those brown robes.

You get my point.

He would jsut make wookie noises and have subtext. No problem and I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of wookies being rolled. My main argument was that a race shouldn't be excluded because of something as silly as language. I'm betting that the biggest limitation to creating playable races is making the gear work with the models. I'd love to play a jawa tank, but people would be whining that they couldn't see the gear under those brown robes.

You get my point.

I'd go insane if I had to hear a wookie make noises at me constantly for the life of the game. Maybe other people wouldn't be bothered, but it would drive me up the wall.

To be honest, giving one exclusive race for the republic and in return one exclusive race for the Empire wouldn't change a thing regarding imbalance issues.

At this point any exclusive race given to the Empire side would just crush the Republic numbers to the point of no return, sounds bad but it is true.

I honestly feel that if they made Togruta, Kel'Dor, Rodian, Cathar, Nautolan and Duros faction specific you would have a humongous uproar from fans.

#2: I'm already playing Republic side.

No argument there, so am i, although i have Empire chars as well because i think all class stories are worth going through honestly, for me Bioware did a great job in that department.

The issue here is not some particular race but the growing imbalance problem that will not fix itself.

I honestly feel that if they made Togruta, Kel'Dor, Rodian, Cathar, Nautolan and Duros faction specific you would have a humongous uproar from fans.

You are correct, i agree, we are discussing making just ONE of those faction specific, making all of them would be just crazy and unfair and seriously something like that would never happen anyway.

I'd go insane if I had to hear a wookie make noises at me constantly for the life of the game. Maybe other people wouldn't be bothered, but it would drive me up the wall.

I've been listening to mako yammering on the whole time. Wookies wouldn't be much worse :)

I have two problems with the OP's suggestion:

#1: I wouldn't want to play as either Togruta or Wookiee.

#2: I'm already playing Republic side.

So if they added them, it wouldn't affect your situation at all then. So you really don't have any problems with the suggestion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.