Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

I am in. Entered code in day 1 and was in second wave of invites. Bummer was I only had enough time to play to level 4 before I had to come in to work :(

I got in first wave and only got to level 5 myself before having to log off. Not complaining however, I didn't expect to get in until 15th at the earliest. Two more days...woohoo!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think an staggered launch is a great idea, and no, I'm not in and probably won't be in for quite a while.

Anyway, if they just opened up all the servers then the OP would just complain about queues. There is no way to win against all the whiners...

Edited by Raximillian

we did the beta stress test and as far as i know, we didnt have much trouble then, besides a lag spike every hour or so. And they invited the entire pre-order database then in a single weekend.

And now it seems they just go so so slow.... Why?

You lack patience young Padawan; this is not the way of the Jedi. Now go study what you have learned!

I love the idea of this staggered start. It makes the transition easier for everyone to play without the massive LAG and the over abundance of players trying to wait for the same mob to spawn. Good Job BW. Keep up the good work.

BTW I'm not playing yet either. I am playing it cool and waiting for my turn to log in.

I got 3 guildies in vent and they all say the zones are pretty empty right now, not even instanced...I'm not impressed at all. Reading several accounts on the forums, reddit, and twitter of people who preordered in DECEMBER getting in meanwhile there are tons of July 21st, July's, and August still waiting. Oh, not to mention I will get locked out on the 20th Until I receive my collectors edition from Amazon cause there is no grace period.

Some "smooth launch' Bioware.

Not sure if your trolling or gullible, but the people claiming they pre-ordered in December and are in are saying that to screw with people.

I'll believe people when I see a screen capture of them showing their pre-order date and than them logging in to play.

Anyone can say anything, in fact, I'm playing right now and I didn't preorder the game until Decemember 16th....that's right I'm from the future.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

No its very smart, so the players actually playing have a good experiece instead of 100 players camping the same mob. Also it encourages the customers to preorder, again smart.

we did the beta stress test and as far as i know, we didnt have much trouble then, besides a lag spike every hour or so. And they invited the entire pre-order database then in a single weekend.

And now it seems they just go so so slow.... Why?

Get your facts right please only 750,000 played the beta weekend thats less than half the people that have pre-ordered and only about 300,000 concurrent connections was the max across servers at 1 time.

Not sure if your trolling or gullible, but the people claiming they pre-ordered in December and are in are saying that to screw with people.

I'll believe people when I see a screen capture of them showing their pre-order date and than them logging in to play.

Anyone can say anything, in fact, I'm playing right now and I didn't preorder the game until Decemember 16th....that's right I'm from the future.

dude can I borrow your flux capacitor. Mines on the fritz and I need to go to the future to get a new phone. I'm barely getting 1 gigawatt on mine.

This kinda launch seperates the impatient boys from the men. :cool:

Joking of course. Well only slightly. Just wish people would learn patience. You folks would be terrible Jedi!

Patience coming from someone that hasn't been waiting for three years. It's not really that hard coming up with that much patience.

It's absolutely terrible. At the very least they should've let you know when you're getting in so you don't feel like an ******e for sitting and waiting for something that might not even be coming.

I would like the ballpark. Knowing if I stand a chance at today or if I can go do something like cure cancer would be nice. ;-)

So you are ************ that they are opening the early access TWO days before they said they would? Seriously. I think the only way you would be happy is if they setup the server in YOUR house and gave you a directly connection from your computer to their core network switch. I take that back, you'd still figure out a way to ***** about it.

Patience coming from someone that hasn't been waiting for three years. It's not really that hard coming up with that much patience.

how do you know he hasn't been waiting that long. Honestly Join date doesn't mean anything. When this account was banned I had made one in 2011 and got called a noob. lol. Moronic if you ask me to base ANYTHING on the date you joined a forum.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

Op, you big *********** cry baby! They extended early access 2 days and you're here crying on the first day? :mad:

dude can I borrow your flux capacitor. Mines on the fritz and I need to go to the future to get a new phone. I'm barely getting 1 gigawatt on mine.

I'd love to, but I'm stuck here. My Mr Fusion crapped out on me. I need to score some plutonium now.

Bioware rules either way. TOR is like the best idea ever and the launching process is pretty clever as well. true, it sucks that no one knows exactly when they get to start and that sucks, but this way everyone gets to play and have fun eventually in stead of putting everyone in a laggy, non-functional game.