Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rolling need for your companion

Formorianman

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people just want to keep arguing about this.

What is so hard about setting and going by ground rules set for/by the group?

What is so hard about taking a few seconds to type in, "Do you guys mind if I roll Need on this for my companion?"

What is so hard about having some consideration for other players and not rolling Need when they obviously Need it?

Really, you can list reasons why you should be able to roll for your companion all you want, but if you were just courteous about doing so no one would be up in arms against you in the first place. The problem here is a lack of respect and consideration for your fellow players. Show them you have that and they'll let you roll Need on whatever you want.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Yet another thread about this?

OK, if you insist.

Roll however you want on whatever you want. You fought for it and have as much right to it as anyone else. What you do with it once once you get it is your business and no one else has anything to say about it.

This is a rule I live by.

Happened in my group on boarding party. A shield generator dropped, it was blue and better than mine. I was the only person able to use it. The Operative begged to take it for his tank and the whole group had to tell him to **** and let me have it. He relented.

But that type of behavior is not acceptable. If he had won, I would have quit.

I roll need on everything than go sell it

Please post Server and Toon names so that I can put you on ignore if we're on the same server. Ninja Looters (and i include companion rollers who don't check with the group before hitting need) are always on my ignore and friend's ignore. More people need to do this to get the point across to habitually rude people.

Your companion isnt used for anything that you need that sort of gear for anyway. You dont need FP gear for solo play - you need it for group play (more aiming at 50's here) so i would say a players "Need" goes way over a companions "Need."

I would never roll for my companion if a member of the group needs an item. If not then i ask. its called etiquette but i guess thats a word that some people just dont get the meaning of, or in other words - they are immature.

Edited by MariusZane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.