CoH Vet

JoystickWizard

Greetings! Longtime City of Heroes Vet officially jumping ship! Never played WoW.

Love this game so far, the voice acting gives the fairly standard fetch quests some weight. Coming from CoH, the open instead of instanced missions are a little weird to me, as I'm used to having most missions all to myself. Didn't even realize it was this way until it was in the seperatist base and saw other folks running around. Although it is nice to be able to just group with another player in the middle of a mission!

Trying to nail down a character that I can get behind. I find my MMO shelf life depends largely on how much I attach myself to the character I am playing.

Now that I think I have the basics down I will be looking for a good server/guild soon!

Greetings JoystickWizard and welcome!

We noticed that you are looking for a good guild and just wanted to give you some information that may help point you in the right direction!

We have several guilds that you can look for depending on where you are located, faction or the type of server you wish to join.

You have the following:

Each section is separated by faction and then server types. There is also has a Looking For Guild section in each area where you can post a thread for what you are looking for. The guilds come to you!

We hope this helps!

Greetings! Longtime City of Heroes Vet officially jumping ship! Never played WoW.

Love this game so far, the voice acting gives the fairly standard fetch quests some weight. Coming from CoH, the open instead of instanced missions are a little weird to me, as I'm used to having most missions all to myself. Didn't even realize it was this way until it was in the seperatist base and saw other folks running around. Although it is nice to be able to just group with another player in the middle of a mission!

Trying to nail down a character that I can get behind. I find my MMO shelf life depends largely on how much I attach myself to the character I am playing.

Now that I think I have the basics down I will be looking for a good server/guild soon!

Welcome! I liked the concept of playing a villain in City of villains, but the storylines were more like a "hired thug" type. Welcome to the game where you can be really villainy. :) If you so choose, of course.

Former COH/COV and champions online player here.

To be honest, if you choose Empire the dark side choices seem really childish. There is nothing really sinister or cunning. If you want to be more of an original cookie then go Republic, and dark side ^^. I think it makes for a more fun story.

Also a CoH vet here too, Union server. 7 years :) Welcome to the game mate!

CoH vet here too so welcome :)

If you are interested many of the Handprints (Number 1 and 2 SG's in Europe on CoH) have moved onto the Hidden Beks server (Empire side) and we are only too happy to have more members.

Ah, I thought I recognised the SG name :)

Welcome JoystickWizard, there's a bunch of us from The Echelon on Defiant server playing on Hydian Way if you need a group some time. I think there's a group from the Liberty Legion on this server too.

Hope you enjoy your stay. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Another CoH Vet that has jumped ship, I still have an active subscription, but I doubt it will be renewed.

I also was a loyal Liberty server player (*waves*), and I know that a few have come over to play SWTOR, the hubby and I (Topher Ghost for any who remember) would like to try and find a few friends among the servers and hopefully have a place to call home. (Currently on Kath Hound, but things change!)

Look forward to hearing from any fellow CoHers and Liberty players.

Outre

Hey all!

CoH/V vet here myself. Freedom, Liberty and Victory servers.

Cancelled my subscription a year or so ago, but I still log in and play CoH/V everyone once in a while, now that it's gone free-to-play.

My whole gaming group and I play on Khoonda Militia (Black Bisectors League) and Fort Garnik (Children of the Empire) servers. I'm really enjoying TOR.

I do miss having a real travel power every once in a while though.