Can you tell the colour of a person by the colour of their character.

Gstring

OK this isn't a racist thread so please refrain from heading in that direction.

Whilst roaming around the cities I noticed only a few dark skinned characters.

My question is what colour are you and what colour is your character?

Do people tend to choose the same or similar for their characters?

Mines white and white!

Gonna guess people are likely to create characters that mirror their own looks or how they would like to look if they could.

I really don't think white guys would make black skinned characters and viceversa, unless they want their toon to specifically look like a character they happen to like.

Gonna guess people are likely to create characters that mirror their own looks or how they would like to look if they could.

I really don't think white guys would make black skinned characters and viceversa, unless they want their toon to specifically look like a character they happen to like.

Yep, thats what I was thinking. Is there any white folk that have rolled dark skinned toons?

OK this isn't a racist thread so please refrain from heading in that direction.

Whilst roaming around the cities I noticed only a few dark skinned characters.

My question is what colour are you and what colour is your character?

Do people tend to choose the same or similar for their characters?

Mines white and white!

Well, I am white, whatever that means(skin colour is, scientifically, a worthless indicator of "race", or rather, genetic ethnic background). My Sith Inquisitor is vaguely Egyptian looking. My Agent is a roid-abusing whitey(I had planned to make him classically Scandinavian in appearance, but apparently everyone in the Star Wars galaxy has brown eyebrows, and I didn't fancy him looking like a man-Bimbo with dyed hair). My Bounty Hunter is a droid, or rather will be once I can acquire the right gear. My Smuggler looks.....like a greasy Spaniard :D essentially the silly stereotype of Spanish people that has been engrained into British culture over the centuries thanks to our periodic wars with the various continental nations, and our exposure to Antonio Banderas.

Frankly, while there is doubtless significant correlation between player ethnicity and character ethnicity, we play a genre in which players fairly regularly play characters of the opposite gender, for varying reasons, so there are likely a substantial number of exceptions.

I am a big fat blind white guy. This is exactly what i am in real life!

My Smuggler looks.....like a greasy Spaniard :D essentially the silly stereotype of Spanish people that has been engrained into British culture over the centuries thanks to our periodic wars with the various continental nations, and our exposure to Antonio Banderas.

...And Inigo Montoya....who, incidentally, would make a **** good Star Wars character. Imagine, Jedi who knows Capo Ferro. Of course, his Sith enemies may know Thibault in which case he will need to study his Agrippa (which he has).