Some quests make absolutely no sense

TheRealBoz

Am I the only guy who actually listens to the whole dialogue and pays attention to the story? I can't be alone in this...

Example 1:

There's this Imperial military base, right? And it's protected by this massively powerful shield which is fueled by these three massive generators. So the Republic has a huge cannon that can bring that shield down, but the cannon needs a lot of power to use. So I get tasked with hitting the three generators in the area and transferring power to the cannon so it can WAITAMINUTE, aren't I transferring power FROM the shield? Why don't I just shut down the generators? When the cannon fired, did it bring the shield down because it was that powerful, or because the shield was basically in hybernation mode?

Example 2:

I am tasked with obtaining an Imperial key card. I can either get it by killing an Imperial Officer, or I can avoid the bloodshed and grab it at an outpost. So I go to the outpost, and it's swarming with Imps. Oh well, I tried, right? I kill my first Imp, lo and behold, the bonus appears. Kill a bunch more Imps. OK, so I grab the key card from the outpost, return the quest, and both the quest giver and Elara Dorne seem happy that I managed to avoid unneeded bloodshed. What!?

Example 3:

A military SpecOps team needs to get inside an Imperial base. They've discovered a secret tunnel that leads into the base, but the door is locked from the other side (what an insurmountable obstacle for a SpecOps team!). So they give me a simple mission: storm the base from the front entrance, reach the basement, open the door for the SpecOps team so they can covertly enter the base and do their thing.

And these are just the plot examples that make no sense. I'm not even touching the light side/dark side options here.

Example 3:

A military SpecOps team needs to get inside an Imperial base. They've discovered a secret tunnel that leads into the base, but the door is locked from the other side (what an insurmountable obstacle for a SpecOps team!)

I laughed long and hard at this. :D

"Why are you back so soon? Did you finish your mission?"

"Uh no sir, the door was locked"

I laughed long and hard at this. :D

"Why are you back so soon? Did you finish your mission?"

"Uh no sir, the door was locked"

Tatooine: Main side Quest. GO to the farmer who is to scared to leave his moisture farm due to his farms defenses being destroyed.

Walk in his open front door.

Most of the missions you enter open doors of secure facilities. Kind of annoying.

I don't like turrets that look normal that don't work for either side. You start killing and the turret is furniture.

I don't understand how anyone but Sith/Jedi can have cloaking devices. Let alone random Tuskens Raiders on Tatooine with portable cloaking devices.

Half the galaxy has these and they where very rare. Its an immersion issue that NPC's get to cloak at all for me. I might be willing to accept players getting some prototype device but Tusken Raiders?

I saw that last night and was like oh come on! So let me get this straight everyone in the galaxy gets a cloaking device but me and Corso?

My favorite inconsistency was on Hoth as a back-to-back LS/DS choice.

You walk in to talk to the pirates and it looks like there could be a peaceful resolution.

LS - give copies of secret weapon to pirates and let them live

DS - attack and kill them

Of course, if you choose LS you have to fight them anyway (but your character seems remorseful at least). Then immediately after the fight, you are in dialogue with the idiot that barged in and caused the firefight.

LS - destroy all weapons because they are too powerful to fall into the hands of pirates.

DS - only take one undamaged weapon, letting the pirates have their hands on the copies....

Hold on, 2 minutes ago it was a good thing to let the pirates have the weapons, now it's a bad thing? You know, after I betrayed and killed them all and got LS points for it?

Edited by Zedakah

OMG! The door is locked?! What will the SpecOps team members do?! They must have forgotten their shaped charges at home that day. Storm the base from the front to aid the special forces in the basement trying to be covert? That makes NO sense. I love this game but there are some things that make me go more than a little "Hmmm...?"

Tatooine: Main side Quest. GO to the farmer who is to scared to leave his moisture farm due to his farms defenses being destroyed.

Walk in his open front door.

Most of the missions you enter open doors of secure facilities. Kind of annoying.

I don't like turrets that look normal that don't work for either side. You start killing and the turret is furniture.

I don't understand how anyone but Sith/Jedi can have cloaking devices. Let alone random Tuskens Raiders on Tatooine with portable cloaking devices.

Half the galaxy has these and they where very rare. Its an immersion issue that NPC's get to cloak at all for me. I might be willing to accept players getting some prototype device but Tusken Raiders?

I saw that last night and was like oh come on! So let me get this straight everyone in the galaxy gets a cloaking device but me and Corso?

Maybe you don't want to know who the Tusken Raiders killed to get those cloaking devices...

Or maybe it's Sand People Magic. MAAAAAGIC.

Ruthless Killer who killed Nearly Everybody You Know on Nar Shaddaa demands that the Bounty Hunter kill him instead of sending him to the Hutts.

Oblige immediately: Dark Points

Consult Mako, who wants you to kill him anyway to avenge the death of her friends(!): Light Points.

wat.

Here's another good one:

Just wrapped up Nar Shaddaa, in Hutt Space.

Via Holocom:

"Hunter! Come back to Dromund Kaas! We need to discuss something of Great Importance"

Land on Dromund Kaas. Travel to questgiver.

"Hunter! Now that you've arrived from halfway across the galaxy, I can finally tell you to turn around and go back! :D"

Ok, here is mine:

There is this Republic base with shields over it. We need that base down, but can't blow it up, because shields.

Light side option - Sneak inside, turn off the shields so we can blow it up!

Dark side option - Just storm in and kill everybody!

How is there a major difference?

BH Act 1 spoiler:

I just finished the Great Hunt and am sent to talk to Mandalore. I didn't notice my quest marker was pointing to my holocom and left out of the airlock. I walked around inside Mandalore's ship for awhile wondering where to go. Go back to ship and click on my holocom... a Mandalorian asks me who I am and says I can not dock there... but... I am already docked... in fact I was just walking around in your hanger.

I... head explodes.