Im glad i dont live in europe

bheta

Pssst... pretty sure camisa stands for shirt, not pants ;) but no worries, just replace it with a couple of "arribas" and you'll be fine!

oops. see? I .do. need to practice vocabulary! (or they need to bring in a Spanish language pack for the TOR client... I mean, I learned English by playing games aswell :D)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Being european myself, I could not care less about the maintenance hours as I have to work during that period of day and am unable to play anyway.

Reading in the forum is another matter...

I dont know about you, but last week the maintenance/problems logging in - extended well to when Im back from work. Roughly to around 8 pm.

The US and European servers should be separate and the maintenance should be managed so that its nighttime in both regions.

Edited by Karkais

I think there should be a list of 'things to do during maintenance'

this week I will do the following :D

- go to my bank and fill out a report for a lost account book

- make copies of my diploma

- write applications (at least 5 so I don't have a guilty conscience :p)

- call my insurance and ask for a new pension ID

- buy hair dye

- burn my school books :D

- groceries

- practice Spanish vocabulary (olé olé olé)

- take a nap

that should be enough

- practice Spanish vocabulary (olé olé olé) ----->

Topical cheap, we do not say ole ole and we dont like bullfighting(just a crap topic... like italians like pizza and peperoni or like germans like mustaches or like englishmans like tea)

U guys on USA like weapons / wars /.... ? CHEAP topic YES ... next time try not to offend.

I could write a perfect Castilian/spanish(like u say) but u dont not understand it (because surely you will learn Spanish/American)

2 years living on NY and i visit USA 1 or 2 times on a year(no offense anothers americans)

And.. pls go to the world wide web and try search where are spain(because im sure u dont know )

Edited by sekitosekete

Topical cheap, we do not say ole ole and we dont like bullfighting(just a crap topic... like italians like pizza and peperoni or like germans like mustaches or like englishmans like tea)

U guys on USA like weapons / wars /.... ? CHEAP topic YES ... next time try not to offend.

I could write a perfect Castilian/spanish(like u say) but u dont not understand it (because surely you will learn Spanish/American)

2 years living on NY and i visit USA 1 or 2 times on a year(no offense anothers americans)

And.. pls go to the world wide web and try search where are spain(because im sure u dont know )

The person was just kidding no need to get so touchy, this person is studying spanish, meaning they like it, if they were trying to ridicule it you'd know it.

Grow a sense of humor buddy, I do not get half as touchy as you when people actually do get racist about where I come from :p

Nopes, morning and early afternoon are not peak times. Many people are at school or work. OFC some people can play during the day and it's uncomfortable for them if that's their only play time. Guess how many more would be complaining if maintenance took place in the evening/night?

The person was just kidding no need to get so touchy, this person is studying spanish, meaning they like it, if they were trying to ridicule it you'd know it.

Grow a sense of humor buddy, I do not get half as touchy as you when people actually do get racist about where I come from :p

I will not have a sense of humor, when a person judges an entire language and a people by an old and ridiculous custom is to kill bulls (because the word is used in bullfighting)

Thus for a sense of humor must first have respect for the cultures and to the people, and know what is said, no one in Spain except in southern areas (and people without education or culture) uses the word ole post which is a term for bullfighting, as we have said before.

Respect and you will be respected.

STOP BULLFIGHTING (next time try learn about cultures)

Because if u guys saying we like kill bulls i can say u guys like weapons no?

^__^ just a comment

And unfortunately we also know English in Spain! amazing eh? is true that my spoken English is far better even so ... Another topic more in the trash.

Edited by sekitosekete

I'm sure the students and unemployed of Europe can find something else to do for half a day each week.

Maybe it is a person with a job that lets him have those hours off? I remember once when I had to explain to an old man, my neighbour, that the women he saw coming home very late were not ******s but nurses...

Edited by TheHirogen

hey, I didn't say anything about bullfighting (I'm all about AR so I know Spain is getting rid of it more and more ;) )

I was actually trying to be .funny.

and Germans .do. love mustaches. my dad wears one, even (in case you didn't get the hint: I'm not from the USA)

of course I would not understand it if you wrote something in 'perfect' Spanish, as I said I need to practice, and I messed up on pants/shirt already, so please... my Spanish level is A2, tops... (I barely passed an A2 test a year ago and have not practices much since)

[snip]

^__^ just a comment

You say that like it's a bad thing? I have a glock in my desk where I'm typing this. We won't talk about what else is in my closet. :p

I will not have a sense of humor, when a person judges an entire language and a people by an old and ridiculous custom is to kill bulls (because the word is used in bullfighting)

Thus for a sense of humor must first have respect for the cultures and to the people, and know what is said, no one in Spain except in southern areas (and people without education or culture) uses the word ole post which is a term for bullfighting, as we have said before.

Respect and you will be respected.

^__^ just a comment

And unfortunately we also know English in Spain! amazing eh? is true that my spoken English is far better even so ... Another topic more in the trash.

serious?

I .was. showing respect. I even showed respect to .you. even though you kept insulting me (albeit mistaking me for a US-American, which I guess means you have a problem with them by default...)

as I mentioned, I know a lot about bullfighting (probably more than you do, even...)

I'm sure my English is better than yours. I speak Spanish barely, fine.

but may I ask how good your German is? or your Swedish? or your Hebrew? (I'd put Japanese in that list but I'm far from fluent :p)

now please cut the insults and stop seeing insult where there weren't any

hey, I didn't say anything about bullfighting (I'm all about AR so I know Spain is getting rid of it more and more ;) )

I was actually trying to be .funny.

and Germans .do. love mustaches. my dad wears one, even (in case you didn't get the hint: I'm not from the USA)

of course I would not understand it if you wrote something in 'perfect' Spanish, as I said I need to practice, and I messed up on pants/shirt already, so please... my Spanish level is A2, tops... (I barely passed an A2 test a year ago and have not practices much since)

It's just an educational problem .... the word "ole" is only used in bullfighting, and comes from a culture and a kind of people who we do not like.

Anyway, and for you to understand better, if one day you come to Spain(exactly in the north) u welcome to me home if you want to understand that each area of ​​Spain is almost a different country with its complexity. (Bring that if shelter, cause north os spain so cold)

And sorry if i lost ur joke.

U fail: i know japanese, chinesse, latin,euskera(diff language) spanish, and english.

あなたは私の友人を失っている

And for sure english is not me main language, im sure ur english on write mode thats better than me but unfortunately im professor on a language school.

Edited by sekitosekete

Does the OP think that no one in europe does anything during the days :S Having the maintinence at 9am GMT is perfect for us, since were either in school, at work or sleeping. In the morning is alot better than in the middle of the night in my opinion.

It's just an educational problem .... the word "ole" is only used in bullfighting, and comes from a culture and a kind of people who we do not like.

Anyway, and for you to understand better, if one day you come to Spain(exactly in the north) u welcome to me home if you want to understand that each area of ​​Spain is almost a different country with its complexity. (Bring that if shelter, cause north os spain so cold)

And sorry if i lost ur joke.

I'm fairly sure most people actually know that phrase I used (olé three times in a row) from comics like Speedy Gonzales anyway. I myself didn't even make the link to bullfighting. you did.

I do know that there are massive cultural differences in a country. try living where I live and always having to explain that people in the northern parts of Germany do not eat 'Sauerkraut' and don't wear 'Dirndel' (yeah, those are almost exclusively found in Bavaria)

or try being vegan and not drinking alcohol (oh gawd a German that doesn't like Beer and Schnitzel? what's next? a Swede who doesn't like IKEA?)

edit: about your supposed 'fail' on my part

afaik the language is called Euskara

however that was beside the point. you were the one bragging about more than one language, when English isn't .my. native tongue either

Edited by amnie

personally, i agree its silly to do it during the day but i dont really care as 99% of the time i'm at work during the whole lot anyway.

over xmas it was annoying as i would have liked to have pld but it hardly ruined my day :)

Schedule maintenance during the peak hours, that must really be a kicker.

I would be down, to switch on and off for maintenance times. so they don't get screwed as often.

Any other Americans agree?

How about the Europeites?

So 8am till 4PM = peak hours?

Learn something new everyday.

Failed trolling attempt im affraid.

I'm fairly sure most people actually know that phrase I used (olé three times in a row) from comics like Speedy Gonzales anyway. I myself didn't even make the link to bullfighting. you did.

I do know that there are massive cultural differences in a country. try living where I live and always having to explain that people in the northern parts of Germany do not eat 'Sauerkraut' and don't wear 'Dirndel' (yeah, those are almost exclusively found in Bavaria)

or try being vegan and not drinking alcohol (oh gawd a German that doesn't like Beer and Schnitzel? what's next? a Swede who doesn't like IKEA?)

however that was beside the point. you were the one bragging about more than one language, when English isn't .my. native tongue either

Gotta cut in on this for a moment. My girlfriend is from a town near Mönchengladbach and is very much a Niederrheiner. I on the other hand spent a combined 16 yrs in southern and south central Germany. Naturally I was around mostly Bavarians. We have many discussions about the things you mentioned. Many good laughs and poking fun at each other. :D

Another fail... euskera if im speaking in another language is not euskera, and euskara if im speaking or writing on euskera( on spanish---> euskera, on english--> euskera) if i speak in euskera, name exactly euskara...understand now? :)

Im a professor of euskara (exactly) (is me main language and i have 2 diplomas from Universitys, around that (and for sure i can teach)

Schedule maintenance during the peak hours, that must really be a kicker.

I would be down, to switch on and off for maintenance times. so they don't get screwed as often.

Any other Americans agree?

How about the Europeites?

I'm a Europeite. 8am-2pm my time is fine for a weekly maintenance, it allows me to grab 6 hours sleep during the week.

It really doesn't matter when they schedule maintenance, a vocal minority will always be heard much more then the silent majority that don't care either way.

Way I see it, if maintenance makes a game I enjoy even better, I don't care when they do it. And if Bioware think of their game as 'Global' and want to do global maintenance, more power to them for thinking differently, I'm sure they have good reasons to do so.

The real problem with living in Europe is 3 designated server clusters to cater for over 30 languages. Whilst I'm sure East/West US servers have a few non-American speakers too, I don't think it's anywhere near 30 languages, which can lead to slight problems when it comes to teamwork.

And the rain. We get lots of rain. :)

TL;DR, Thanks for thinking of us, much appreciated.

Edited by FantasyMeister

Gotta cut in on this for a moment. My girlfriend is from a town near Mönchengladbach and is very much a Niederrheiner. I on the other hand spent a combined 16 yrs in southern and south central Germany. Naturally I was around mostly Bavarians. We have many discussions about the things you mentioned. Many good laughs and poking fun at each other. :D

no doubt about it, I already noticed 'cultural differences' between me (Wuppertal, so not too far from your gf ;D) and my ex who was from near Hamburg... that's roughly 400km and yet feels like a different world :D

Another fail... euskera if im speaking in another language is not euskera, and euskara if im speaking or writing on euskera( on spanish---> euskera, on english--> euskera) if i speak in euskera, name exactly euskara...understand now? :)

Im a professor of euskara (exactly) (is me main language and i have 2 diplomas from Universitys, around that (and for sure i can teach)

what the hell? the English name is Euskara. I'm done with you. you blew a .joke. way out of poportion to make petty jabs at Americans. this is seriously below me. (why oh why didn't I ignore you from the start, like my guts told me? :rolleyes: )

edit: even worse, the 'official' English name for it is Basque, even :rolleyes:

Edited by amnie