POLL: How many believe this game was rushed to release before it was ready?

TheHirogen

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I was right. Oh and by the way nice reading comprehension

Originally Posted by TheHirogen

Ok you win, I promise from now on to be subservient to my american overlords, all hail EA and thank you master for letting me pay more and get worse service than your children master.

I did quit, I did issue a poll, thelist is MY reasons and MY opinions as to why I think it was rushed and should not have been released.

Feel free to vote, comment, disagree, agree whatever, but please read my OP before you go off.

Also for the record I did not buy Bioware products since the mid 90's and even EA stuff since a kid including this game in order to "troll" because I hate americans, how stupid can you get? I love US, I lived there before, have family there, all I said was, GIVE EU SEPERATE DOWNTIMES!!!

Edited by eldisper

The kids will post comments like this or people new to the MMO world who really dont understand how an MMO is made.

I played MMO's since before UO, experienced 5? launches, none as bad as this in terms of future prospect for me to keeppaying, first MMO I ever unsub within 3 weeks. ever.

The kids will post comments like this or people new to the MMO world who really dont understand how an MMO is made.

The kids will post comments like this or fanboys that is new to the MMO world who realy dont care about how an MMO is made.

Oh I was talking about you.

Fanboys dont care, just like you dont care. In your eyes the game is perfect. You have no expectations out of the game. Even in an alpha stage you would say the same. "wait a few month and the game will be good".

The game is still in beta stage. Rushed out on sale by the EA. Worst gaming companie in the world.

Edited by Mamono

I did quit, I did issue a poll, thelist is MY reasons and MY opinions as to why I think it was rushed and should not have been released.

Feel free to vote, comment, disagree, agree whatever, but please read my OP before you go off.

Also for the record I did not buy Bioware products since the mid 90's and even EA stuff since a kid including this game in order to "troll" because I hate americans, how stupid can you get? I love US, I lived there before, have family there, all I said was, GIVE EU SEPERATE DOWNTIMES!!!

Your OP made me lol and half the stuff you just made up. Down time at 8am usually, if you had a job this would not be an issue.

You mention SWG but that game was one of the most broken MMO's of all time, Jedi with blaster lol, 1000000000 of bugs that never got fixed in 8 years, Im guessing you never played it.

You also say TOR is a WoW copy, that means WoW is an SWG copy and CoD is a Doom copy ROFL.

Your OP fails on so many levels it hurts to read.

Your OP made me lol and half the stuff you just made up. Down time at 8am usually, if you had a job this would not be an issue.

You mention SWG but that game was one of the most broken MMO's of all time, Jedi with blaster lol, 1000000000 of bugs that never got fixed in 8 years, Im guessing you never played it.

You also say TOR is a WoW copy, that means WoW is an SWG copy and CoD is a Doom copy ROFL.

I did play, stopped after NGE, if I had a problem I create a ticket, get a GM to talk tome within thehour, fix voila back to game, in this game I waited 11 days now with my tickets getting deleted without 1 word.

SWG was also a million times more fun MMO than this, don't believe me? come back and say the same in 1 month, yes 1.

I don't mind TOR copying other MMO's, but they do a bad job at it, how many things they forgot to copy while being at it that does affect gameplay is sad.

I also had a dark jedi in SWG by the way, I used a lightsaber myself, did you fail at crafting one?

Also me and 5, 6 threads with 50+ pages says EU players want changed downtime, maybe you don't get it but then again,you don't experience it perhaps.

By the way, what did you vote for?:rolleyes:

PS:I did not make up one thing on that list, don't agree? fine, but each point I made exists to me and others as problems.

Edited by TheHirogen

omg, fanboy rage. The OP is accurate.

He might work nights, so why get abusive and make jibes about not having a job. How do you know this ? are you his stalker ?

So instead or making a fool of yourself and getting abusive. Tell us why the OP is flawed.

The kids will post comments like this or fanboys that is new to the MMO world who realy dont care about how an MMO is made.

Oh I was talking about you.

Fanboys dont care, just like you dont care. In your eyes the game is perfect. You have no expectations out of the game. Even in an alpha stage you would say the same. "wait a few month and the game will be good".

The game is still in beta stage. Rushed out on sale by the EA. Worst gaming companie in the world.

Who said the game was perfect lol, I was calling out he kid who called that guy a fanboi for posting his opinion I never mentioned the game or what I think about it ROFL.

The kiddys always try to call people fanbois when they disagree with what someone has said and they dont actually have an opinion of there own. Classic forum drone mentality.

Not that your comment has any relevance to what I posted, I agree with the worst gaming community after reading comments like yours but that will change in 15 days when you all return to Runescape.

A majority of the issues that you presented were not "rushed to release" problems. They were either design flaws (in your opinion) or small things that were to be expected. By no means is this the best game that I've ever played, but I've been really enjoying it nonetheless.

UI. - There are a few issues with the UI. None of them are gamebreaking in my opinion.

No LFG. - There is an LFG feature, which I'm sure you know. There's no "WoW Dungeon Finder" which pisses a lot of people off. Personally, I like the "socialize to get people" thing. Even though getting whispers asking "Are you a healer spec?" every few minutes gets annoying.

No customer support. - I don't have any experience with the customer support. My friend has complained nonstop about the issues that he's had with it, though.

bad graphics. - That's your opinion entirely. I, for one, actually like the look of the game.

broken main story quests, broken quests, bugs, glitches. - I've played through two of the main story quest lines and I have yet to see a broken quest. Occasionally there will be a part that doesn't look like it's been tested, though. There might be some broken story quests and if you could provide videos (or even forum complaints) about these specific quests, I'd enjoy watching/reading them.

Haven't seen any broken quests yet.

And of course there are bugs and glitches. I was expecting a much better game but bugs and glitches are a given.

can't use site when deploying patch or forums. - This annoys me too. Though I wouldn't say that it's a reason for it being rushed to release.

No day/night cycle, exploring or even swimming. - Wait a second. Let me get this straight: You say that there's no exploring when a little farther down you say "datacrons = exploring"? Are you then saying that Datacrons are unobtainable?

The lack of a day/night cycle confused me when I first noticed it. However, it wasn't until Corellia that I actually noticed that it wasn't there since I was enjoying the game so much.

As for swimming... lol.

Warzones with no level cap, single server only and no selection for map. - This is a valid issue. I would call it more of a design flaw than a "rush to release" type of problem. In fact, the majority of what I agree with you on deals with PvP.

Space combat is starfox 20 years later. - I like it. I think that it's a very fun minigame.

No character customization and if selected body type 3 or 4 wont be able to access some parts of the game including a few datacrons. - Character customization could definitely use some work. I was expecting something loads better than "now pick from this list".

I haven't actually seen the body types 3/4 problem in game. If you could provide a video/forum post, I would be grateful.

endgame is almost not existing and broken. -

only human races. - I wanted to play a rancor. I feel your pain.

only 4 real classes. - As someone else already said, there are really eight.

messed up a lot of peoples early access and collectors editions stuff including pre order crystals. - This isn't really a "rushed to release" issue either. Bioware definitely wasn't expecting so many people to purchase and play the game so quickly.

athmosphere ingame is almost not existing. - I don't understand this one. What I think it says is not something that I can comprehend, however.

everything is instanced, servers using shards and barely run into people. - I really enjoy this feature and it's something that I've been begging for an MMO to do. When I'm questing solo, I don't want to run into another player that's just killed the boss or mobs that I need. Then I would just have to wait about 5 minutes to finish a quest that I could have finished in less than that.

gear gets bad at 50. - This is a valid aesthetic issue that shows that they were rushed. There's no reason that we should all have to look like horribly drawn clones. Though I would prefer if BW fixes a couple of the more important issues before messing with this one.

Legacy system is not in place. - Second reason showing a rush to release! Bravo!

There were a few points that I didn't respond to. That was either because I had no idea what you were talking about or I hadn't actually experienced the issue even though it was probably there.

Edited by Knickerus

Was the game rushed? In comparison to a single player RPG, sure it was. In relation to other MMOs? Certainly not.

MMOs are incredibly complex games and their sheer size alone makes vast numbers of bugs an inevitability. Ultimately, it's a question of where developers draw the line - MMOs are always being patched to implement hotfixes, balance changes and the like; given that constant updates are required, one could argue that an MMO at any given stage during its release was rushed as X Y and Z are still issues. There comes a point where the game has reached a stage where it is, for the most part, completely playable where it is prudent to release it so that revenue can start coming in, allowing for development to continue. If BioWare has kept SWTOR in development until almost every bug was fixed, they would exceed the budget.

In fact, SWTOR's release was absolutely incredible. Anybody who has played during previous MMO launches can attest to how nightmarish they usually are with a combination of server lag/shutdowns, framerate issues and major bugs rendering the game almost unplayable. Just look at WoW's release, for example. In contrast, SWTOR's issues at release are mostly minor and are being fixed throughout this month.

I wouldn't say it's been rushed at all. In fact, it's starting to look fairly polished.

Hey maybe it would if you could make a convincing case, sorry to see you can't or wont.

I dont need a case, you asked a question and I replied that I did not think the game was released too early. What case would you like me to build from that? I am enjoying the game, my wife is enjoying the game, and that, when all is said and done, is all that matters.

Are there bugs? Sure, even ran into one or two but nothing I consider serious, and no, I am not prepared to argue an entire list of stuff I'm not interested in or that doesnt have an impact on me.

omg, fanboy rage. The OP is accurate.

He might work nights, so why get abusive and make jibes about not having a job. How do you know this ? are you his stalker ?

So instead or making a fool of yourself and getting abusive. Tell us why the OP is flawed.

Again the little kids have to call people fanbois when they cant form an opinion ROFL.

I know the game has bugs, Yet I have not mentioned anything about the game or what I think of it.

I had to lol at 'making a fool of yourself and getting abusive', did you read your own comment kiddo ?.

This is the problem with forums, blind nerd rage.

For the record I do have a job, don't see how it is any of your business or how it relates to this game and issues I and others have with it, also don't see a reason to discuss my work in a thread/poll regarding if game was rushed or not,feelfree to ask in of topic forum...

the communtiy is great .. in game.. cause the trolls wont touch the in game with thir complaints cause they are illogical: and more than likely will be ingored. so the minority come here to watch them...

thats pretty much it.. and if it a actully complaint..... dont put it in the genral fourms . thereis one called custermer service they are the ones able to fix your probs...

Edited by navycrow

Well an MMO is never 'ready'. It's a constant development process which evolves the game with each update.

So, in theory, no MMO can ever claim to be released when ready. If all of those problems (listed by OP) did not exist, you would have another 10 things you wanted changed.

A majority of the issues that you presented were not "rushed to release" problems. They were either design flaws (in your opinion) or small things that were to be expected. By no means is this the best game that I've ever played, but I've been really enjoying it nonetheless.

UI. - There are a few issues with the UI. None of them are gamebreaking in my opinion.

No LFG. - There is an LFG feature, which I'm sure you know. There's no "WoW Dungeon Finder" which pisses a lot of people off. Personally, I like the "socialize to get people" thing. Even though getting whispers asking "Are you a healer spec?" every few minutes gets annoying.

No customer support. - I don't have any experience with the customer support. My friend has complained nonstop about the issues that he's had with it, though.

bad graphics. - That's your opinion entirely. I, for one, actually like the look of the game.

broken main story quests, broken quests, bugs, glitches. - I've played through two of the main story quest lines and I have yet to see a broken quest. Occasionally there will be a part that doesn't look like it's been tested, though. There might be some broken story quests and if you could provide videos (or even forum complaints) about these specific quests, I'd enjoy watching/reading them.

Haven't seen any broken quests yet.

And of course there are bugs and glitches. I was expecting a much better game but bugs and glitches are a given.

can't use site when deploying patch or forums. - This annoys me too. Though I wouldn't say that it's a reason for it being rushed to release.

No day/night cycle, exploring or even swimming. - Wait a second. Let me get this straight: You say that there's no exploring when a little farther down you say "datacrons = exploring"? Are you then saying that Datacrons are unobtainable.

The lack of a day/night cycle confused me when I first noticed it. However, it wasn't until Corellia that I actually noticed that it wasn't there since I was enjoying the game so much.

As for swimming... lol.

Warzones with no level cap, single server only and no selection for map. - This is a valid issue. I would call it more of a design flaw than a "rush to release" type of problem. In fact, the majority of what I agree with you on deals with PvP.

Space combat is starfox 20 years later. - I like it. I think that it's a very fun minigame.

No character customization and if selected body type 3 or 4 wont be able to access some parts of the game including a few datacrons. - Character customization could definitely use some work. I was expecting something loads better than "now pick from this list".

I haven't actually seen the body types 3/4 problem in game. If you could provide a video/forum post, I would be grateful.

endgame is almost not existing and broken. -

only human races. - I wanted to play a rancor. I feel your pain.

only 4 real classes. - As someone else already said, there are really eight.

messed up a lot of peoples early access and collectors editions stuff including pre order crystals. - This isn't really a "rushed to release" issue either. Bioware definitely wasn't expecting so many people to purchase and play the game so quickly.

athmosphere ingame is almost not existing. - I don't understand this one. What I think it says is not something that I can comprehend, however.

everything is instanced, servers using shards and barely run into people. - I really enjoy this feature and it's something that I've been begging for an MMO to do. When I'm questing solo, I don't want to run into another player that's just killed the boss or mobs that I need. Then I would just have to wait about 5 minutes to finish a quest that I could have finished in less than that.

gear gets bad at 50. - This is a valid aesthetic issue that shows that they were rushed. There's no reason that we should all have to look like horribly drawn clones. Though I would prefer if BW fixes a couple of the more important issues before messing with this one.

Legacy system is not in place. - Second reason showing a rush to release! Bravo!

There were a few points that I didn't respond to. That was either because I had no idea what you were talking about or I hadn't actually experienced the issue even though it was probably there.

This is how a constructive comment is formed using facts, no doubt the Kids who blindly hate the game will be calling him a fanboi.

Again the little kids have to call people fanbois when they cant form an opinion ROFL.

I know the game has bugs, Yet I have not mentioned anything about the game or what I think of it.

I had to lol at 'making a fool of yourself and getting abusive', did you read your own comment kiddo ?.

This is the problem with forums, blind nerd rage.

More rage, now tell us why the OP is flawed instead of negating the topic.

Yes you are being abusive. You argue that the OP if flawed, yet give no reasons as to why.

care to elaborate?

You haven't been in many MMO launches if you think TOR is rushed. I suggest you read up on what WoW, DAoC, Asheron's Call 2, AO, Dark and Light, and Mourning were like on launch day.

Blizzard spent a month adding enough servers that overpopulation didn't cause a given server to come to a complete standstill for fifteen minutes. The original patcher for WoW was freaking bittorrent!

DAoC was so buggy you would think it was a pre-Alpha build.

AC2 at launch was so buggy that it never recovered and Turbine had to pull the plug on it.

Anarchy Online was so bad that it's developers nearly went bankrupt.

D&L was just awful, laggy, buggy, horrible graphics.

Mourning was so bad that even moderators and developers were openly decrying that the game was being released in the condition that it was in and that it was at best an Alpha-build.

TOR is missing some minor features that Bioware are addressing, but it's a playable game.

Edited by DarthMoord

Now this makes me laugh.:D

Ok you win, I promise from now on to be subservient to my american overlords, all hail EA and thank you master for letting me pay more and get worse service than your children master.

Quote:

Also for the record I did not buy Bioware products since the mid 90's and even EA stuff since a kid including this game in order to "troll" because I hate americans, how stupid can you get? I love US, I lived there before, have family there, all I said was, GIVE EU SEPERATE DOWNTIMES

POLL: How many believe this game was rushed to release before it was ready?

Simple question, how many think because of the costs and delay this game was finally pushed out for release before it was ready for consumers to buy and play?

Not I, though it could use some fixing up and some additions.

Ability delay.

A bug, all MMOs have them.

UI.

Could use some touching up on, but it's not a huge issue.

No LFG.

Most MMOs do not have a LFG. I know everyone here comes from WoW or Rift or whatever, but I've played dozens of MMOs, F2P and P2P, most MMOs do not have an LFG. As such, although it may make a nice feature, it does not count as something missing from the game, or something that makes the game incomplete.

No customer support.

False. I've had issues and although it takes time, they've been dealt with. Bad customer support MAYBE, but not no customer support.

bad graphics.

Because MMOs you know, are supposed to look beautiful. Very few MMOs look great, and that was not this game's focus. This game doesn't need to look perfect to provide a moving and gratifying experience, besides I've seen quite a few recent MMO launches that look as bad if not worse than TOR.

badly optimized and can't run on most computers.

That's actually not true. It runs on MOST computers, it runs okay on a lot of computers. There are a lot of computers that have problems with it, but still, more people play it fine than play it with large crippling FPS issues.

broken main story quests, broken quests, bugs, glitches.

MMOs have loads of bugs on launch. I'm shocked. That's the case with EVERY single MMO launch ever, some worse than others. As someone who's experienced multiple MMO launches, I can safely say that this one is smooth that most, though not the smoothest ever.

Not working properly account management.

Eh?

Forums are terrible, no server forums, no search function, can't use site when deploying patch or forums.

I disagree on forums being terrible overall. They're missing some nice touches as you mentioned, but they're far from horrible.

Chat bubbles, basic functions for guilds and ability to use chairs etc.

Agreed.

No day/night cycle, exploring or even swimming.

Agreed on the day/night cycle, though that's not something that NEEDS to be here for us to consider the game complete. Do you mean there's no reason to explore or no one can explore? If so that is COMPLETELY false. Holocrons, finding Heroic World Bosses just for fun, searching for Area quests or side quests. It may not be necessary to explore, but there are reasons to. Complete games at launch HAVE to have swimming... really?

Warzones with no level cap, single server only and no selection for map.

That's getting fixed next patch.

Space combat is starfox 20 years later.

That in and of itself is not a downside. It's a missed opportunity, I'll agree on that. But it's the same as any other minigame in existence.

No character customization and if selected body type 3 or 4 wont be able to access some parts of the game including a few datacrons.

Not character customization? EH? Also, didn't know that about Datacrons, glad I did type 2.

endgame is almost not existing and broken.

There's actually quite a bit of good endgame. It's simply too easy and broken.

only human races.

You mean human like races? I'll agree there should be more races, but I think they'd all be human in form anyways.

only 4 real classes.

False. Advanced classes feel drastically different from one another. Assassin and Sorcerer, for example, play different from each other. Then you've got the 2 unique branches in each class, making for some very good customization options. That's quite a bit of choice.

copied almost everything from WoW and COH.

And where did WoW get most of its features? :)

barely working companions.

Some companions have glitches, but barely working? Seriously?

Server maintenance badly times hurting EU players.

Agreed, more love for our Euro comrades!

features in beta removed.

Ya, but that doesn't make a game incomplete, that's more of a whine on your part.

Obvious misstakes in beta not fixed month after release.

You can't just flip a switch and fix a glitch. They're trying their very best, but it's a VERY difficult job. You have to first identify the problem (which can take a long time), then you have to figure out a solution, then you have to implement the solution and see if it messes anything else up, if it does, back to finding another solution.

messed up a lot of peoples early access and collectors editions stuff including pre order crystals.

Honestly, this is becoming more and more like your personal issues with the game.

athmosphere ingame is almost not existing.

This is COMPLETELY subjective and I disagree with it in it's entirety. The atmosphere for this game is pretty amazing, and if someone is going to bring up how worlds feel "lifeless", they need to understand that observation is completely subjective and again I and many others disagree with it.

everything is instanced, servers using shards and barely run into people.

I run into people often enough, though not on backwater planets like Quesh or Voss. I personally don't have an issue with this as I'm more of a solo MMO gamer, but I think they should try to help those of you who want to run into more players.

framerate issues and a lot more.

You're getting redundant now. Not everyone has these issues, I most certainly do not, they've acknowledged the problem and now they're working on how to solve it.

no gamemasters.

They're more worried with fixing things than they are with running around in game doing whatever.

datacrons=exploring.

Your point?

broken game economy.

exploiters and bots already all over Ilum.

many flash points OP's not working properly.

gear gets bad at 50.

Agreed. Though these issues (except the gear one) plague a lot of other MMOs, they do need to be addressed.

Legacy system is not in place.

So?

no minigames or social things to do.

So false. Crafting and Space for mini games, heroics, heroic world bosses, operations, and flashpoints for social things.

No rules or enforcing of RP servers, since I bet they don't have the resources to.

Ya, really annoying for RPers.

no community interraction bar a few posts about coming flashpoint, picture of its boss and clarification regarding banned ilum players.

These forums are really populated, so it's hard to find all the dev comments, but there have been quite a few.

Last reason, can't think of a reason as to why I would pay for a subscription to this game.

I'm going to have to disagree on this as well.

If you disagre feel free to say why, if you agree feel free to offer as to why.

Also, why does it seem that 9 year old Star Wars Galaxies was better than a game released in 2012 and why does it seem that SWTOR is worse than Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 by a longshot in every way including community???

I like TOR better. But a lot of people don't because MMOs are losing their novelty. It used to be something special to be playing with thousands of people in massive games. Galaxies felt better at the time, because it was new and amazing. But if you were to go back in time and play it back then, with the knowledge you have of TOR now, I'm pretty sure you'd look at it as pretty poor in comparison.

To sum it up, I don't think TOR is incomplete FOR AN MMO THAT JUST LAUNCHED. It has some nice mechanics and things missing (a good LFG thing for example), things that are in poor condition that need some fixing or improvements (Flashpoints, Operations, UI), and things that were missed opportunities (Space Combat, Crafting as being more useful, Biochem aside that is).

I also think we can safely conclude, that most of the things you mentioned were purely subjective. A lot of things you mentioned had nothing to do with rush to develop, and had more to do with you missing a feature that was in another game -- even if that feature isn't in most MMOs. So while we can say it's got a ways to go, I don't believe it was rushed.

It's got a ways to go, and it's most certainly not the best MMO on the market right now. But they've laid the foundation for something truly beautiful. If they can address these issues, and keep a steady stream of endgame content, this game has the potential to be something truly amazing.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

You haven't been in many MMO launches if you think TOR is rushed. I suggest you read up on what WoW, DAoC, Asheron's Call 2, AO, Dark and Light, and Mourning were like on launch day.

Blizzard spent a month adding enough servers that overpopulation didn't cause a given server to come to a complete standstill for fifteen minutes. The original patcher for WoW was freaking bittorrent!

DAoC was so buggy you would think it was a pre-Alpha build.

AC2 at launch was so buggy that it never recovered and Turbine had to pull the plug on it.

Anarchy Online was so bad that it's developers nearly went bankrupt.

D&L was just awful, laggy, buggy, horrible graphics.

Mourning was so bad that even moderators and developers were openly decrying that the game was being released in the condition that it was in and that it was at best an Alpha-build.

I am tiredof having to repeat myself I have experienced at least 5 launches of MMO's, none had as bad customer support or lacking most basic functions this game does.

PS: This game had longer queues than 15minutes...

More rage, now tell us why the OP is flawed instead of negating the topic.

Yes you are being abusive. You argue that the OP if flawed, yet give no reasons as to why.

Clearly your nerd rage has robbed you of your ability to use a forum and read comments on older pages.

We all know what you are but cant post it because we will get an infraction but a bridge and a mythical creature is involved.

I will let you get back to your daily quota of calling people fanbois lol.

Edited by Kanharn

I played WoW at launch, SWG at launch, EvE Online at launch and FF11 at launch forboth PC and console.

And?

What is your point, you played those games at launch? Becuase i notice you're not really addressing my points at all. Is that because you understand that those games were all released in a state that you would call rushed?

I suspect so. Lets face it, you're just another QQ'er, QQ'ing