Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise

CyberCommando

If this was the case, then why was Darth Vader himself tasked with hunting down the plans?

Finding the plans = finding Rebel scum. Vader's following the biggest lead the Imperials have on the Rebels - the trail of the stolen plans. The main Imperial objective all along is to crush the Rebels. You'll notice the Imperials never ask Leia about what who stole the plans, who has the plans etc. They just want the Rebel base's location. Destroy the Rebels, end of problem. Getting the plans back is just a secondary objective and a way for Vader to show he's getting stuff done.

It's just that one excitable Imperial officer at the briefing who's worried the Rebels might be able to use the plans for something, and no-one listens to him.

Edited by smartalectwo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, oh yea. Nice one Luke xD I had forgotten that quote, so thank you.

The premise of my idea is good in theory I suppose, but damned Lucas and all that. So okay, that one goes against the Stormtrooper... but Really, as Humans we can only go so far back as maybe the 1400's? (if not earlier) for Knights helmets to be restricting to a knights vision while fighting; I'll hold my hands up here as not being an expert, so please excuse me if I'm wrong.

But as my premise goes, you would still hope the Stormtroopers Helm would be tech advanced to counter that.

But then Luke does say what he says... but then isn't he "A little short to be a Stormtrooper" ? maybe that could be why he couldn't see anything. Despite the suit seeming to fit him perfectly >.<

Well their helmets did evolve and have new features into them which helped with smoke and other visibility issues. So they didn't go completely blind, though at what point in time these upgrades came into the helmets who knows.

It's just that one excitable Imperial officer at the briefing who's worried the Rebels might be able to use the plans for something, and no-one listens to him.

Its a shame no one listened to him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And yet not one heroic character is killed by there marksmanship, despite them having ample shots. WHY?

Personally I think theyre doing the poopy dance or shaking like a bag of leaves while firing. I mean they wear armor that really doesnt do anything. After watching there fellow comrades get taken down with one shot would make me nervous. . .couldnt shoot str8. . .imo. . of course.

Edited by Drahh

At this specific moment in time, I don't have access to my OT DVD's (isn't that always the case?)

But when Vader boards Leia's shuttle, I'm pretty sure he really wants those plans back.

But yes, in that said "meeting" the point of the plans is brought up, and Grand Moff Tarkin dismisses them. To me, this is the arrogance of the most powerful officer in the fleet.

But the rest is cannon an history, and I guess I must defer to that.

I know we have disscused this before but I still dissagree the Storm Troopers where ever winning.

Except in the Director's commentary George Lucas explicitly states that the Ewoks were losing until Chewie jacked the AT-ST and the novelization outright depicts the Ewoks as routing and countless charred little corpses littering the forest floor.

And yet not one heroic character is killed by there marksmanship, despite them having ample shots. WHY?

This is actually a valid question. The answer is the force. The force was obviously with Obi-Wan, Luke, and Leia for obvious reasons. Obi-wan is a jedi master, Luke and Leia are the children of Anakin.

The force was also with Han Solo, he called it "luck"

just take yoda for example, in the first three movies he could barely walk, he was slow and used a cane. But when it came time to fight he accepted the force, he let the force "flow through him"

simply put yoda was not in control, the force was, and that is why the imperial storm troopers could not kill any of the main characters.

The force protected them.

Edited by haluo

Who cares about their aim...? THey have much bigger problems...

Why the hell they wear armor, if it doesn't protect them from anything. Even Ewoks bludgeoned them to death with stones! :eek:

By the way, has any one of you noticed a stormtrooper ever getting injured? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0L99Q5xiMA

He used to be a good storm trooper, then he took a blaster to the knee.

*gets coat*

You should have seen the opposition.

Maybe it is the force protecting our heroes most of the time? Anakin wasn't aware of his force ability, but he could instinctually drive speeder bikes like no other human could, being able to compete with aliens. Maybe if the force ability remains undeveloped, it only manifests in a general passive ability that protects you and yourself. Most of the scenes with stormtroopers does also involve Luke or Leia, so..

In ANH the Stormtroopers successfully convince a former stormtrooper (Han Solo) that they were trying to kill them whilst firing from the hip, that they didn't accidentally hit anyone is a testament to their accuracy not a sign of inaccuracy. In addition you people need to get some experience in actually shooting a gun while on the move, it's not as easy as Hollywood would like to depict. For example on average for every insurgent killed by US armed forces in Iraq, we expended in excess of a thousand rounds.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you or anything but that last statement has more to do with utilizing superior firepower over accuracy, i.e. Putting up a wall of lead is better when keeping the enemy pinned down than one shot close by.

The only comparison I can draw from here is the Vietnamese in that war. The Vietnamese were technologically inferior (as were the Ewoks) to the Americans (Empire) but the Americans(Empire) were simply not used to jungle warfare. Being so out of depth to their usual field of battle they were unexpectedly overwhelmed with tactics they were unfamiliar with and, in the short battle of Endor, were taken out in that regards.

Thinking on it as thus, I may have to revoke my previous statement saying that such a battle was "the worst ever committed to film"

Still, in regards to the thread itself, I do believe the Stormtroopers themselves to be crack shots, it's just that in regards to what is shown in the films, we get, what is created to allow the on screen plot to circumvent "rational reasoning" in regards to what the troopers are actually capable of.

Yeah I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned but...it's called plot armor. And many things have it. You cannot weigh relative combat effectiveness using battles involving main characters. i.e. I could argue that the Defiant is the most powerful goddamn ship in the fleet, because of plot armor. But it would be a dumb argument.

Yeah I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned but...it's called plot armor. And many things have it. You cannot weigh relative combat effectiveness using battles involving main characters. i.e. I could argue that the Defiant is the most powerful gosh darn ship in the fleet, because of plot armor. But it would be a dumb argument.

part of the reason why plot armor is different for Star Wars is because of the fan boys and the canon system.

Because of the way Star Wars canon is set up everything you see in the movies is how it actually happend. There is no "oh that's just a special effect" or anything like that.

For example if you watch say Bad Boys the Jerry Bruchhimer film there are action scenes that are completly impossible and everyone says "oh thats cool but it's not real"

However because Star Wars attracts Nerds and because of how the canon system is set up Nerds beleive it is real in a way and want a scientific explination.

For example.

The Milenium Falcon can do the Kessel Run in 12 Parsecs.

In reality a Parsec is a unit to measure distance and not time. George Lucas didn't know this when he wrote it.

So it should just be a goof but instead the nerds created an entire explination of how the Kessel run is a race that goes close to black holes and everything.

So since it has been said everything in the movies is official and that's how it is that means Storm Troopers can't aim, Storm troopers armor can't stop an arrow, Storm Troopers armor cracks when they fall down and so on.

I love star wars with all my heart but i'm not a fan of the fandom.