Cool Down for Exiting PVP early

pblenis

I'm sure it's been addressed. But can we please integrate a cooldown timer for anyone who selects to leave a PVP warzone. Maybe 30 minutes. An hour for habitual offenders. Those people who can't stick out a loss are getting really annoying.

And of course no penatly for those booted by the game.

I'm sure it's been addressed. But can we please integrate a cooldown timer for anyone who selects to leave a PVP warzone. Maybe 30 minutes. An hour for habitual offenders. Those people who can't stick out a loss are getting really annoying.

30min - 1hour is too long for an extremely unstable game that crashes/logs you out if you look at the pvp-queue. Had the game not been broken I would have agreed with you, but if I get a 30min lockout because the game logs me out instead of letting me join...well, I would be a tad ticked off.

I've played another MMO that hands out 15 minute 'Deserter' bans for people who leave PvP early.

The result is people giving up and going "guys just let them win" as soon as things start to look difficult. Instead of quickly swapping them out for fresh players who may put effort in, we're stuck with quitters who want to ruin the competitive spirit of the game just so they don't get locked out for 15 minutes.

While it may sound sensible to punish players who desert matches (also inadvertantly screwing over players who D/C or whose clients crash), ultimately forcing this penalty leaves players feeling obligated to suffer through unenjoyable matches.

no.

PVP is unbalanced, it puts massive level range differences, it puts premades verus pugs and it puts you into half complete losing matches.

People leave because its not fun. If it was fun they would stay. Make it fun and this problem disappears.

Punish people for leaving something they are not enjoying and they just wont join, it wont make them stay. You will just marginalise pvp even more in this game as less and less casual players take part.

Dont attack the symptoms of a problem, look why the problem exists in the first place.

I can actually say one of the few good things about this PvP is that the lack of deserter allows you to leave and not be punished by the game because it matched you up with lowbies/baddies.

Never change it, never add deserter.

Keep it as is.

fix the bugs with the warzones first. Then we can talk about sticking an afk debuff.

Things like:

* Crashing to login screenwhen accepting a warzone pop

* Too many people in a warzone

* Not enough people in a warzone

* Starting the warzone when you're losing 5-0

* Getting stuck in certain areas of the warzone

* etc. etc. etc.