Deflect.

Strah

Hello fellow snipers.

Is anyone else of you immensely bothered by the fact that our whole arsenal of attacks can be DEFLECTED? I just can't stress how pissed i am when a marauder ( or the republic counterpart ), who is a quite offensive character jumps you, turns on his blade ward, and you barely deal any damage to him.

2.5 sec ambush cast? deflect. Followthrough? deflect. Takedown to finish someone off? deflect.

It's just plain unfair that we're the only class is affected by defense so much, i'm not stating we've got zero armor penetration talents, where BH's get their 35% arpen for free.

I feel absolutely helpless in pvp against any force wielding class but sorcerers. Even if our mighty ambush lands, how much does it crit for? 2k on that 19k hp juggernaut?

Edited by Strah

Do they have some kind of ability or stance that lets them deflect attacks?

I always assumed so because I'm well over 100% acc and they still deflect alot, but I've been too lazy to actually read up on their abilities and talents.

The "stance" you are talking about is the warrior's staple defensive cooldown saber ward. It increases their defense by 50% (or if you are a jugg by 100% the first 2 seconds), lasts 12 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. Saying deflect is stupid is just ... well ... stupid, cause we kinda have the same with dodge and evasion (although it admittedly only lasts for a shorter time, but gives 100% dodge). deflect is just a "ranged" dodge (parry?) if I understand it correctly.

Yeah getting pwned by a saber warded warrior is frustrating because you can't do much against it (my other lv 50 is a jugg so I know that side too), but its on a long cooldown, so it's OK

The "stance" you are talking about is the warrior's staple defensive cooldown saber ward. It increases their defense by 50% (or if you are a jugg by 100% the first 2 seconds), lasts 12 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. Saying deflect is stupid is just ... well ... stupid, cause we kinda have the same with dodge and evasion (although it admittedly only lasts for a shorter time, but gives 100% dodge). deflect is just a "ranged" dodge (parry?) if I understand it correctly.

Yeah getting pwned by a saber warded warrior is frustrating because you can't do much against it (my other lv 50 is a jugg so I know that side too), but its on a long cooldown, so it's OK

I don't find deflect itself stupid. I find stupid that all of our skills are white and ALL of them are susceptible to deflection.

If you look at similar rdps class, which is merc, tracer - can't be deflected, heatseeker - can't be deflected, whereas unload,rail shot and auto-attacks can. therefore it's kind of 50/50, whereas the only yellow skill we do have is explosive probe, which is in on a long-cd and high energy cost for it's damage.

Don't target tanks unless you are Lethality or there is no one else to kill. You should have the base +5% Accuracy so you avoid everyone's base defense chance, but beyond that there isn't anything you can really do about it. A lot of it is cooldown based or tanks gearing out defense. Kill the healers and the DPS. Heck even hitting a Guarded target will do more damage to the Tank then attacking the Tank.

Don't target tanks unless you are Lethality or there is no one else to kill. You should have the base +5% Accuracy so you avoid everyone's base defense chance, but beyond that there isn't anything you can really do about it. A lot of it is cooldown based or tanks gearing out defense. Kill the healers and the DPS. Heck even hitting a Guarded target will do more damage to the Tank then attacking the Tank.

It is terribly unfair that we are the ONLY class that can't retalitate to tanks, and yet we're the only class without any escape mechanisms ( force speed, stealth or even healing).

It's just absurd.

Other classes like powertechs, assasins and the jugger use a shield on their left hand that gives a chance for the shield to appear, I'm leveling a jugger, but still haven't seen the shield itself, so I can imagine that it has something to do with the deflect.

also, assasins and sorcers have a real shield that they can put around someone as does all imperial agents have the shield probe, in this case, I imagine it won't be a deflect but instead an absorb.

still most of the classes have some kind of protection agains white damage plus the armor rating, if you want to do lots of damage at heavily armored targets, lethality is the way to go

The sniper class has more Bugs, "you should be comments" and "don't do this comments" than any other class in the game.

Don't attack X, you'll lose o them for free

LoS beats us

Two people on you at once beats us clean

Find a camp area

longest casting time

horrid support

no in combat heals (no probe doesn't count)

you have to switch stances in order to have access to certain moves

while switching to that stance you are immobile

bugs

casting cancels while targeting characters

cover bug when attempting to roll

etc etc

I don't find deflect itself stupid. I find stupid that all of our skills are white and ALL of them are susceptible to deflection.

If you look at similar rdps class, which is merc, tracer - can't be deflected, heatseeker - can't be deflected, whereas unload,rail shot and auto-attacks can. therefore it's kind of 50/50, whereas the only yellow skill we do have is explosive probe, which is in on a long-cd and high energy cost for it's damage.

i'm a sith warrior and what is this

Hello fellow snipers.

Is anyone else of you immensely bothered by the fact that our whole arsenal of attacks can be DEFLECTED? I just can't stress how pissed i am when a marauder ( or the republic counterpart ), who is a quite offensive character jumps you, turns on his blade ward, and you barely deal any damage to him.

2.5 sec ambush cast? deflect. Followthrough? deflect. Takedown to finish someone off? deflect.

It's just plain unfair that we're the only class is affected by defense so much, i'm not stating we've got zero armor penetration talents, where BH's get their 35% arpen for free.

I feel absolutely helpless in pvp against any force wielding class but sorcerers. Even if our mighty ambush lands, how much does it crit for? 2k on that 19k hp juggernaut?

I'm sure he gets just as annoyed as you do when you pop evasion and dodge all his attacks for 5 seconds. There is no problem there at all. He deflects my attacks sometimes and yes it is annoying as hell, but I also dodge his attacks just as much (if not more)... so whats the problem?

Stop whining, and learn how to play. The only hard-counter for Snipers is the scoundrel.

Edited by Kyris_Xiandrii

It is terribly unfair that we are the ONLY class that can't retalitate to tanks, and yet we're the only class without any escape mechanisms ( force speed, stealth or even healing).

It's just absurd.

We have a ton of escape mechanisms.

I'm sure he gets just as annoyed as you do when you pop evasion and dodge all his attacks for 5 seconds. There is no problem there at all. He deflects my attacks sometimes and yes it is annoying as hell, but I also dodge his attacks just as much (if not more)... so whats the problem?

Stop whining, and learn how to play. The only hard-counter for Snipers is the scoundrel.

Except that evasions is 4 times shorter and it doesn't protect you from force-based attacks such as force scream.

Hmmm we have 0 escape ablites , (escape doesnt count) its just a debuff and you still run so slow.

If you insist, then die well. I, however, will continue to use distraction, evasion, cover pulse, leg strike, debilitate+slip away and flash bang to survive and escape.

If you insist, then die well. I, however, will continue to use distraction, evasion, cover pulse, leg strike, debilitate+slip away and flash bang to survive and escape.

Sorry but a sorcs or jedi sage that wants to catch you will, even tho you use all those skills. that is if you dont kill him in 1 burst. but usually they always have their shield if they are not complete noobs