** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

3rd to nob 20th lol. that can change lol. 4th wave as possble can be nov to dec 9 and leaving rest on friday. if not they would do it all on the 15th to make sure everyone tha was last get 5 days. so ya. who knows

Please let us know when you get in, and through what wave.

Also, discuss this days' wave of invites.

****RESERVED FOR DAY 3 RELATED UPDATES****

Unofficial estimates for day 3, wave 1-4(?):

3rd October - 20th November

**Wave 1, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Latest in this thread: 1th August.

UPDATE 2: Latest in this thread: 4th August.

UPDATE 3: 13 minutes past the first wave. Seems to have ended around the 6th August. Will

update when next wave arrives.

**Wave 2, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 2: August 6th-August 13th

UPDATE 2: latest in this thread: 15th August.

UPDATE 3: latest in this thread: 28th August. (last of this wave)

**Wave 3, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 3: August 26th - Sep 10th

UPDATE 2: NEW WAVE BEGUN

UPADTE 3: latest in this thread 9th september.

UPDATE 4: Last known invited date: 10th September.

**Wave 4, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: last known invite date: 30th september.

UPDATE 2: last known invite date: 2nd October.

This concludes the waves for today. Unless bonus waves are added, this thread will be updated tomorrow throughout the day! Thank you all for your comments and help!

BE ADVISED: not being in on the latest date announced here, does not mean you have done

the redeeming process wrong. You might be later on in the queue.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have. I re-read it, but not sure where you are going with what you're saying. You were taking my numbers literally. Obviously it's not just numbers. They aren't guarenteeing X number of early access each day. Of course it depends on if they are comfortable with their servers stability, etc. I was just clarifying the misconception that some people think that if they let 2 months of preorders today, then there will be 2 months granted tomorrow, which is not the case. From what I heard is that September had a really low preorder amount, which is why we saw such a large date range of people get in.

yes that makes sense

Any chance this can be extended to the 30th of November?

I'll give you my first born, he'll be trying to use the comp since he'll be on Winter Break soon, so I wont have any need for him...

I know Its against common wisdom to think that being angry at Bioware for giving early access (how dare they offer such a thing, the monsters! :) ), but I dont understand the hate...

It was clear that the early access would offer UP to 5 days of early access.

Worst case scenario, we will still get to play the game early...

I'll give you my first born, he'll be trying to use the comp since he'll be on Winter Break soon, so I wont have any need for him...

Haha Sinister - there is a very real chance that it will reach the 30th as well. I kept the date low, to not upset anyone :)

There is a chance for anything. Considering the OP isn't a dev and he's just guessing, there is definitely a chance for you to get in my friend.

Please let us know when you get in, and through what wave.

Also, discuss this days' wave of invites.

**Wave 1, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Latest in this thread: 1th August.

UPDATE 2: Latest in this thread: 4th August.

UPDATE 3: 13 minutes past the first wave. Seems to have ended around the 6th August. Will

update when next wave arrives.

**Wave 2, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 2: August 6th-August 13th

UPDATE 2: latest in this thread: 15th August.

UPDATE 3: latest in this thread: 28th August. (last of this wave)

**Wave 3, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 3: August 26th - Sep 10th

UPDATE 2: NEW WAVE BEGUN

UPADTE 3: latest in this thread 9th september.

UPDATE 4: Last known invited date: 10th September.

**Wave 4, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: last known invite date: 30th september.

UPDATE 2: last known invite date: 2nd October.

This concludes the waves for today. Unless bonus waves are added, this thread will be updated tomorrow throughout the day! Thank you all for your comments and help!

BE ADVISED: not being in on the latest date announced here, does not mean you have done

the redeeming process wrong. You might be later on in the queue.

Going by this.....tommorow is the day Oct-Dec get in.

It actually makes sense because we are not far into Dec and it seems to be working on a 3 to 5 month list (maybe first they got rid of the first half of the pre order months quickly). And since the amount of Pre-Orders decreases apparently in Sept.-December Then they can make up the excess by putting people they missed in.

These days are going by slow.

Going by this.....tommorow is the day Oct-Dec get in.

It actually makes sense because we are not far into Dec and it seems to be working on a 3 to 5 month list (maybe first they got rid of the first half of the pre order months quickly). And since the amount of Pre-Orders decreases apparently in Sept.-December Then they can make up the excess by putting people they missed in.

These days are going by slow.

This is unless there are pre-order spikes as we get closer to Dec 20th. I know many people have only pre-ordered in December so it could take another day to get all the way done.

Ordered on 11/26 I don't imagine I'll be in until Late tomorrow or Friday.

Based on what I have seen so far, in 2 days they invited July, August, September and almost whole October. I think they they will be able to complete preorder invites tomorrow.

Maybe I am wrong.

This whole thing smells of the "due to demand, everyone should preorder cause we won't make enough retail copies of the game when it officially launches" comments that were made. BW has done everything in order to rope in as much money as possible before the launch of their game as is their right to. It's just feels like they understood how this would all work out and of course someone is always unhappy with anything. I just wish it wasnt like this with an mmo type game where the qualities of the persistent server worlds can be forged in hours. There is a now a rift between people who got to play Tuesday and ppl who will get to play tomorrow or friday. I'd trade a few hours of downtime for a few extra days to have the fun of leveling with the rest of my guild who are already playing. Edited by mootsie

“I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.”

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and role out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

You purchased the minimum amount of server and letting fewest player on one at a time, to see when are the servers are full, only by then you will add servers.

If in the process, you screw half of your customers don't matter yes? As long as you are

making a profit that's Winning I guess.

“A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.”

If you study this statement in more detail it will show that who ever is lunching this game knows that it wont have lasting appeal. In a way they are on negative side and do not consider the positive side to try to merge both sides together to create better outcome. I always try to look at both sides to find the truth in the middle.

There are many ways to lunch games like this, for example if it was me I would fix the waves by adding bonus items to waves that are after the first one. The bonus would be a double experience item that will last x amount of time and the x amount of time bonus will incise with later waves.

First wave no bonus experience item.

Second wave 2 hours 2x experience item

Third wave 4 hours 2x experience item.

And so on.

Whoever is in charge of lunching this game has done not the best they could in my opinion. They have neglected 60% or more of people who were wishing to play this game making them feel less and left out.

Creators of this game may have good intentions but what good intentions can do if they are based on ignorance.

The road to dark side is build with good intentions of ignorance.

Anyway the lesson of life can be learned in many ways some may try to escape it by playing games but there is no escape from truth only denial.

I ask If to live a lie is to deny life it self?

Well, some may say that truth hurts?

I say truth hurts only if it's meant to do so as well lie is for not all lies are meant to hurt.

The greatest lie there is, is the one who lied that believes in it them self for they will not know the truth.

Lie is not the truth but the meaning of it is.

:ph_thank_you: