Things I find amusing

Antigonk

1) All of the QQ about how players have been deprived of their opportunity for world/server firsts because of the staggered player starts.

Last time I checked, there is no achievement system in-game. (yet) How would anyone ever know, or prove, that they were first to do anything in this game? Why even bother to go for "First character to 50" in a game where "bragging rights" can't be backed up with proof?

Hell, I'll go ahead and say it... I'll have the first world-wide level 50 character. Prove me wrong! (What? You think a screenshot is proof? That's so CUTE!)

2) I paid my money. Why does someone else get to start before I do?

Because they paid their money before you did. You're still starting ahead of all of the folks who didn't pre-order. Suck it up, buttercup. You don't get to know why BioWare is doing it this way if they don't want to tell you. The customer is NOT always right. Typically, they are selfish, greedy, shortsighted, and incompetent. Otherwise they wouldn't have to pay to have someone else provide a service for them, would they?

3) I am going to get a refund!

Really? Your credit card has already been charged? Mine hasn't, and I've had my pre-order in for several months now. All you can do is cancel, and honestly, if you're that short-tempered, I doubt you'll bother to remain a subscriber after 30 days anyway. I'd ask if I could have your stuff, but since you don't have any...

That leads me to...

4) This game is WoW with lightsabers...

Yes. It's an MMO. WoW is an MMO. Both games are MMOs. MMOs have certain characteristics, all of which are present in both SWTOR and WoW. Congratulations! You broke the code! Would someone refuse to purchase Battlefield 3 on the grounds that "It's just Modern Warfare with more realism"? Dumb comparisons are dumb.

5) BioWare has betrayed us... I'll never trust them... blah blah blah.

Hell, I wrote a column about this years ago... Short version. Stop being a drama queen. Companies like BioWare exist to make money. They do this not only by creating a worthwhile product, but by using advertising and hype to convince people to use that product. If you have "faith" or "trust" in companies beyond that point, you are a gullible moron. (and, coincidentally, an advertisers wet dream)

I apologize for not writing this post in such a fashion that it can be sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things", but I'd like to thank the drama queens for a couple of days worth of serious lulz. I look forward to the nerd rage on display when today's "waves" come out. I've got my invite, but since I work for a living, I won't get to play until tonight.

I'll just keep reading these forums for my entertainment while I'm at the office.

-AG

amen buddy. lmao :D

these forums have become somewhat comical, Ive never seen so many people get anti social because they feel they are missing out, its not long now till release and I'm sure a few days wont hurt anyone.

Some people are just too precious these days.:p

Edited by TheScriv

Because they paid their money before you did. You're still starting ahead of all of the folks who didn't pre-order. Suck it up, buttercup. You don't get to know why BioWare is doing it this way if they don't want to tell you. The customer is NOT always right. Typically, they are selfish, greedy, shortsighted, and incompetent. Otherwise they wouldn't have to pay to have someone else provide a service for them, would they?

Really? Your credit card has already been charged? Mine hasn't, and I've had my pre-order in for several months now. All you can do is cancel, and honestly, if you're that short-tempered, I doubt you'll bother to remain a subscriber after 30 days anyway. I'd ask if I could have your stuff, but since you don't have any...

That leads me to...

These points are contradictory. You should work for Bioware.

Yeah it's the WoW mentality is so ingrained in their psyche...they just can't comprehend that Bioware left it out simply because they didn't want to foster a Lord of the Flies mentality.

You can show these people in Big Flashing neon letters that no server first exist and there is no way to empirically prove anyone had a server first...it goes in one ear and out the other and they continue their shrill whine fest over it.

It is the epitome of pathetic.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

How can someone have paid their money first, if they haven't been charged?

This makes no sense.

1) All of the QQ about how players have been deprived of their opportunity for world/server firsts because of the staggered player starts.

Last time I checked, there is no achievement system in-game. (yet) How would anyone ever know, or prove, that they were first to do anything in this game? Why even bother to go for "First character to 50" in a game where "bragging rights" can't be backed up with proof?

Hell, I'll go ahead and say it... I'll have the first world-wide level 50 character. Prove me wrong! (What? You think a screenshot is proof? That's so CUTE!)

That leads me to...

4) This game is WoW with lightsabers...

Yes. It's an MMO. WoW is an MMO. Both games are MMOs. MMOs have certain characteristics, all of which are present in both SWTOR and WoW. Congratulations! You broke the code! Would someone refuse to purchase Battlefield 3 on the grounds that "It's just Modern Warfare with more realism"? Dumb comparisons are dumb.

5) BioWare has betrayed us... I'll never trust them... blah blah blah.

Hell, I wrote a column about this years ago... Short version. Stop being a drama queen. Companies like BioWare exist to make money. They do this not only by creating a worthwhile product, but by using advertising and hype to convince people to use that product. If you have "faith" or "trust" in companies beyond that point, you are a gullible moron. (and, coincidentally, an advertisers wet dream)

I apologize for not writing this post in such a fashion that it can be sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things", but I'd like to thank the drama queens for a couple of days worth of serious lulz. I look forward to the nerd rage on display when today's "waves" come out. I've got my invite, but since I work for a living, I won't get to play until tonight.

I'll just keep reading these forums for my entertainment while I'm at the office.

-AG

Post of the Week. Kudos

This is the best post Ive seen on here in a long time.... I agree 100% w/ op and I dont have an invite yet nor do I plan to get one til last minute because I ordered last month, and when I ordered I did so without the mis concieved belief that I would get in game 5 days early.... Edited by Ashivauto

The Old Republic Forums. You will never find a more wretched hive of whining and QQ'ing. (Except maybe WoW's forums...)

Seriously, I think we hit a new low with "BioWare is breaking up relationships".

It ain't BioWare's fault that you have no sense of perspective, kids. I must say that the quality of whining has improved slightly with no significant change in volume.

I'm almost impressed.

I'm also very glad that I no longer run a message board. Dealing with people like this made me just a bit misanthropic.

-AG