Beautiful... Just... Beautiful

Morbidxiix

I just wanted to say... Bravo *Claps* Bravo! Amazing ... From the theatrics to the create character screen to the quests...

I gotta say I am a world of warcraft player.. and I have never said wow.. or whoa or holy crap he got his *** beat! more times in one night than i did last night

I was scared at spending 109 dollars for time and the game but I must admit its the best investment i have made in a very long time.

I probably won't quit playing wow just because i invested so much into it.. but i can go ahead and tell you my time will be on this game 99%.

Thanks SWTOR creators for making the movie I loved as a child come to life!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say... Bravo *Claps* Bravo! Amazing ... From the theatrics to the create character screen to the quests...

I gotta say I am a world of warcraft player.. and I have never said wow.. or whoa or holy crap he got his *** beat! more times in one night than i did last night

I was scared at spending 109 dollars for time and the game but I must admit its the best investment i have made in a very long time.

I probably won't quit playing wow just because i invested so much into it.. but i can go ahead and tell you my time will be on this game 99%.

o.O

:rod_confused_g:

I agree with you OP. I was pretty blown away by the opening sequence for my class, and thing just get better (ship, speeders etc.). I still play WoW too, and won't say that I'll be playing this 99%, but maybe about 75%.

Cheers.

They get better? o.O

It's so funny how you can tell what level range people are just by their outlook on this game.

Yeah, the hardcore whine, and the casual players love the game. As with every MMO, the former are impossible to please.

Because...

This:

This:

This:

This:

This:

Okay that one is kind of funny, well if you didn't run around like that for a week straight waiting for server maintenance, and never getting a reply to your week long ticket.

Are acceptable amiright? Falling through the world every 5 minutes causing a crash-and resetting all of your in game settings are acceptable amiright? Not being able to zone into an instance because of bugs is acceptable, and then not even being able to hit "Accept" on a group invite is acceptable, again, amiright?

Too bad I just want to "whine", or what I like to call "play".

Edited by KetMalice

I fully agree with Gabby Johnson. This game is a breath of fresh air with it's unique combat system, innovate gameplay and top o' the line graphics. Whoever is responsible for nailing every single claim of "next-gen MMO" deserves a promotion.

[Combat] is the essence of feeling heroic. We’re really striving to progress the way we show combat. I think MMO’s -- we’re going to take them to a new level in the way combat unfolds in The Old Republic.

- General Manager Ray Muzyka

Homerun Ray is his new nickname.

Because...

This:

This:

This:

This:

This:

Okay that one is kind of funny, well if you didn't run around like that for a week straight waiting for server maintenance, and never getting a reply to your week long ticket.

Are acceptable amiright? Falling through the world every 5 minutes causing a crash-and resetting all of your in game settings are acceptable amiright? Not being able to zone into an instance because of bugs is acceptable, and then not even being able to hit "Accept" on a group invite is acceptable, again, amiright?

because that never happened in any other mmo launch,

Edited by Bladeviperz

The best investment I made was buying a couple of kilos of gold 10 years ago.

Because...

This:

This:

This:

Are acceptable amiright? Falling through the world every 5 minutes causing a crash-and resetting all of your in game settings are acceptable amiright?

Its fixable... This game has talent and was thought out and thanks is needed. No mmo game is perfect when it first comes out... Be realistic?

Using world of warcraft as a reference. I refuse to level up a new character. The quests never gave me that wow factor.. I usually chill in gold shire and wait for something awesome to happen because to me leveling up a new character is like going through hell all over again.

I bought this game last night and it took me 2 hours to get to level 4.. just because i wanted to do EVERYTHING. From quest to exploring.. to murdering monsters... it was FUN. I died multiple times and enjoyed getting my *** beat (Mostly roaming into higher level zones). I don't see myself getting to level 50 soon. Its enjoyable..

I love the thought they put into the characters (Almost as detailed as skyrim)

I love the thought of the quests

I love the way the world seems so real on my screen.

I love the way it goes with the movie (I LOVED star wars as a kid) I always wanted to be a jedi ^.^

I love the way I can take my time and have the content available to me 1 - 50 instead of just 50.

I love the way I cant skate through and just pew pew... I have to think and be smart... Its not a lazy game like other MMO.

Most of all i love the new factor and cant wait to see more updates by swotr..

So again i will say Bravo! Because you have turned a guy who hates quests ... Who hates having to sit through story lines after storylines... into a guy who sits at a comp screen for hours on end not getting bored one bit!

Glitches are fixable but talent isnt.. Be happy this game has the talent it does because i guarantee you wont find a game like this again :)

Edited by Morbidxiix

Because...

Sounds like all the problems i had when i started with WoW. I entered a CS ticket got fixed after a month and never once cried on teh forum like a baby.

Agreed i was very blown away when i started playing, and i still am as i am creeping up on max level with my smuggler (level 45)

Its been a hell of a ride and i can not wait to try other classes.

Glad to see new players coming to the forums to post their content.

Their are far to many downers on these forums and for some reason they think they are somewhat of a vocal majority, but in reality very few people actually post on mmo forums (in relation to the million + players playing the game)

Glad to see your having a great time, keep at it ! It only gets better :D

Its fixable... This game has talent and was thought out and thanks is needed. No mmo game is perfect when it first comes out... Be realistic?

Using world of warcraft as a reference. I refuse to level up a new character. The quests never gave me that wow factor.. I usually chill in gold shire and wait for something awesome to happen because to me leveling up a new character is like going through hell all over again.

I bought this game last night and it took me 2 hours to get to level 4.. just because i wanted to do EVERYTHING. From quest to exploring.. to murdering monsters... it was FUN. I died multiple times and enjoyed getting my *** beat (Mostly roaming into higher level zones). I don't see myself getting to level 50 soon. Its enjoyable..

I love the thought they put into the characters (Almost as detailed as skyrim)

I love the thought of the quests

I love the way the world seems so real on my screen.

I love the way it goes with the movie (I LOVED star wars as a kid) I always wanted to be a jedi ^.^

I love the way I can take my time and have the content available to me 1 - 50 instead of just 50.

I love the way I cant skate through and just pew pew... I have to think and be smart... Its not a lazy game like other MMO.

Most of all i love the new factor and cant wait to see more updates by swotr..

So again i will say Bravo! Because you have turned a guy who hates quests ... Who hates having to sit through story lines after storylines... into a guy who sits at a comp screen for hours on end not getting bored one bit!

Glitches are fixable but talent isnt.. Be happy this game has the talent it does because i guarantee you wont find a game like this again :)

Yea thats how i felt about wow too, nothing in the world (not even panda's) could get me to level up another character fromm 1-85. This game i literally can not wait to try out as many classes as possible and see how their stories unfold.

Not to mention i may even play the same class but a different subclass and choose different options, as the lead writer said you really can have vastly different experience even while playing the same class and decisions you make in act 1 can effect your storyline even all the way up to act 3

Watch this interview on giantbomb. http://www.giantbomb.com/old-republic-new-interview/17-5441/

Gets me more excited about the game and the things to come in the future everytime i watch it, hes so passionate about the game as well.

Sounds like all the problems i had when i started with WoW. I entered a CS ticket got fixed after a month and never once cried on teh forum like a baby.

Some bugs ive reported have got fixed within days and im very happy so far with the CS on SWTOR in some ways.

Their responses to you in game are usually pretty lackluster but as long as you have formatted your issue correctly it will get passed on to the proper channels and hopefully be dealt with in a timely manner :)

I gotta second, third, fourth whatever this lol. Bioware did such an awesome, awesome job of making this game feel incredibly cinematic and giving you a real live connection with your characters and the people they interact with.

My first thought was that this was due to the voice acting (which is stellar by the way), but I think it's the entire 'cutscene' approch to character interaction that's the key. It's lightyears away from anything Blizzard (even with Diablo 3) or anyone has done . I can't imagine how any other MMO will ever to able to get away with the common quest system that all other use today.

Truely is a fastastic and epic experience. Thank God for Bioware :D