A LvL 50's Final Review of TOR

Yelgath

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Tell me why you are posting a review to people WHO ALREADY OWN THE GAME!!

Do you not understand the review??? You are supposed to tell people who HAVEN"T played the game what you think.

Roger Ebert doesn't post his reviews of movies 4 weeks AFTER they were released it defeats the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF A REVIEW!!

Yet you read it. If you truly think this post is so useless, then you shouldn't be wasted your time here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also completely useless at 50 beyond making your biochem adrenal, medpack and buff. Every somewhat serious pvper/raider is already biochem or lvling it. Gonna be funny when they nerf it to be as useless as the rest.

I agree. +1

So basically what you are saying is that MMOs are not for you? Should of realized this ahead of time and saved yourself the money. I don't play an FPS and expect the whole experience to be completely different than FPS' before it. There is no "cloning", it has some of the core features that all MMOs have now a days and does other things differently. It is it's own game, so spare us the "WoW clone" ******** that is based on nothing but your own ignorance of MMOs (hint: when WoW came out it was a "EQ clone" lolol).

I loved the Swtor Exp 1-50 but it just wasn't enough for me .I didnt felt i acompliced something special.And on LvL 50 things arent Great or new .Now the only game i found new and fascinating is age of conan just tested it and its gameplay are something amazing for mmo cause no other game tried something new or crazy and cause of that swtor was like a copy of something same old boring gameplay.Sry for my poor english .

Thanks for the opinions, I can understand you rushing to 50 like you did, and running out of things to do. You don't seem to want to devote time to crafting, selling, etc. Just waiting for the next content update.

I for one, taking my time to 50, will devote a minimum of a year before I decide to up and quit. Why? well, I do see the next content patch on the horizon, continuing the epic storyline, I also see the level cap being raised, etc.

you say that you're burned out, but I actually agree with you, it is very similar to every other (sandbox, not FTP) MMO out there, but patience man, give it time. don't quit after (NOT EVEN) 30 days since release.

I see much going into this game, much more than even us Veteran MMO grand daddies can handle, or spend all of our time rushing to the level cap.

Just my own opinion...... MMORPGs --- the first to level cap, never wins. it's not a race.

What is 'more'? The game doesn't have 4 expansions of data behind it. What is more? With each post in this thread you do I'm starting to feel like your trolling.

If you think I'm trolling, then the proper response would be for you to leave instead of "feeding the troll." But I have no intention of eliciting any shocked reactions, I just posted this to see what people would say about it (knowing and accepting that 99% of it would be typical internet crowd comments).

I loved the Swtor Exp 1-50 but it just wasn't enough for me .I didnt felt i acompliced something special.And on LvL 50 things arent Great or new .Now the only game i found new and fascinating is age of conan just tested it and its gameplay are something amazing for mmo cause no other game tried something new or crazy and cause of that swtor was like a copy of something same old boring gameplay.Sry for my poor english .

Whats different about AoC?

To be fair in this big wide world where in all honesty most things have been done does the story not make a refreshing change of pace? I know ToR is a wow clone but at the same time so is pepsi a clone of coke. Sure it tastes different but it comes down to what you enjoy.

I think the story add so much to the game as well as the cover mechanic and companions.

Its a world I can sink my teeth into and it more importantly 'feels' like starwars.

The problem I have with WoW these days is you could reskin everything and it will still be the same game. TOR tor can't do that too.

That ultimately is what sets it apart.

I will ask you the same question after you start raiding.

May be it depends upon person to person but will you like to level 8 different characters just because you liek leveling and nothing more.

I personally like to PVE & PVP and after hitting 50 I want to enjoy bug free content. Do you have any idea how buggy this game is in raids right now.

leveling is just a small part of the MMO when it comes to long term life. Content is the real thing that keeps people. Companions are great, story line is great but that's it.

To be honest, no one can change the basic idea of a MMO. So I am not going to say which is clone of what. Doesn't matter. I expected this game to be fully polished and bug free, sadly it is far from that.

Yet you read it. If you truly think this post is so useless, then you shouldn't be wasted your time here.

so you just proved you are trolling. I gave you a chance to answer a legitimate question and you decided it would be best to respond with a snide remark.

OH and don't worry I didn't read it. No need to read the same thing every other troll has posted.

Every mmo from Everquest to whatever comes out after this game will all function the same.

You will level up.

You will group and do dungeons.

You will kill other players.

The one thing this game did not do, that it should of, was copy the persistent pvp battlegrounds that DAOC had. Instead they followed the instant gratification that is warzones.

Yes I know that the lopsided populations would effect it, but it would even out at some point.

When will someone realize that warzones are not good? Having them is bad for any kind of pvp. Perhaps the next game will get it. Perhaps DAOC 2 will save me at some point... hopefully? ;)

Overall I feel like its 'WoW in space', but with the right tweaks:

• Hidden bonus objectives (A small but really fun addition)
  • mini-games (I love space flight)
  • more variety of mission types (Feels less grindy)
  • much better story (Thats a given)
  • Companions
  • More interesting skills & Crafting
  • REAL ranged attacking (WoW's ranged stuff always felt strange)
  • Better 'socketing' (Love that I can keep a piece I like right ot the end)

These changes make it more interesting than WoW, and thats just at launch. If it ain't broke, why fix it? I keep thinking of how much it is all going to change/expand/improve over the coming months and years, and its very exciting. I always got bored in WoW before I ever got to the top level, but this has a story to really keep you going, thats good enough for me, I'll likely have MANY toons at level 50 because I want to do their stories.

Whats some ideas for breaking the mold? This fantastic whimsical mmo people are waiting for..will it be GW2?

Uhh Thanks?

:confused:

It won't be around for a while. Assuming the MMO genre as a whole does not just drop off to the point where no one wants to commit the resources and time to make one.

Diablo 3. nuff said.

The funny thing is another level 50 player recently posted a series of really constructive insights as long and nuanced as a professional review, but nobody responded. Only implying "canceling my subscription" produced any response whatsoever.

So it would seem.

MMO burnout happens because all the MMOs are the same boring repetitive nonsense (hey, Blizzard), and we are all sick of waiting for someone to break the mould and push the industry kicking and screaming in a new direction.

SWTOR is not that game, and was never intended to be.

Fair enough. I'm still glad I tried it, and like I said, I still think it's a solid game that a lot of people will enjoy. It's just not for me.

If you think I'm trolling, then the proper response would be for you to leave instead of "feeding the troll." But I have no intention of eliciting any shocked reactions, I just posted this to see what people would say about it (knowing and accepting that 99% of it would be typical internet crowd comments).

what? and miss the chance for you to hang yourself if I give you enough rope?

Also you didn't tell me what more is because at this point if you are earnest I don't think you know what this 'more' is.

Well, I'm nowhere near 50, but the storyline aspect bothers me as well. Just as storyline in a Bioware game like Dragon Age hardly promotes replayability, I suspect that when I finish the story-lines I'm interested in, I'll likely quit this game.

The op is right in saying that the story is the only major difference between this MMO and the others. So what happens when the story runs out? Do we get more story in expansions?

Whats some ideas for breaking the mold? This fantastic whimsical mmo people are waiting for..will it be GW2?

Uhh Thanks?

:confused:

I have no idea. Until I land any sort of position where my opinion affects how a game is made (which will be never), my ideas are not relevant. Record labels sign crappy pop artists because they know they'll sell a million albums with something tried and true. Signing an actual artist is a risk. Same with MMOs. A game company almost always is going to take the safe route because they don't want to risk massive losses.

It's amazing that this game isn't enough like WoW for some and is too much like WoW for others. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, I'm genuinely puzzled.

And OP - please speak for yourself. I have been around since the days of MUDS and have played just about every major MMO to come out, yet I like SWTOR. This is why generalizing and speaking in absolutes is a bad idea.

what? and miss the chance for you to hang yourself if I give you enough rope?

Also you didn't tell me what more is because at this point if you are earnest I don't think you know what this 'more' is.

You REALLY need to get off his back. An example of more that should be in this game is the LFG tool. Basic MMO feature missing=fail.

Edited by Aisar

So basically what you are saying is that MMOs are not for you? Should of realized this ahead of time and saved yourself the money. I don't play an FPS and expect the whole experience to be completely different than FPS' before it. There is no "cloning", it has some of the core features that all MMOs have now a days and does other things differently. It is it's own game, so spare us the "WoW clone" ******** that is based on nothing but your own ignorance of MMOs (hint: when WoW came out it was a "EQ clone" lolol).

Perhaps you didn't read my post. I'll just quote myself and you can read that.

"...(and I'm aware most of this existed in other MMOs before WoW was even around)..."

"...A lot of TOR "fan boys" will surely accuse me of being a WoW 'fanboy,' but I quit WoW years ago and have become totally sick of it..."

My feelings exactly.