Why cant we be Wookies?

ElevenSword

They nixed Wookiees because they needed something awesome for future expansion content.

"Explore the Wookiee homeworld" will be an expansion.

no that was kotor I

there are no wookies because they cant speak basic.

I still think they could get around a character's inability to speak Basic with a little translator droid or something like that. Perhaps a necklace or bracelet? They could limit the number of voice actors they would need, since you could re-use the voice.

For immersion, maybe throw in a word or two of the "native" language from time to time, as if the droid couldn't keep up or refused to translate something.

please dont screw my star wars because you want to be cool. If Star Wars had a babel fish easily available to everyone Jabba wouldn't need C3p0, hell NO one would need protocol droids yet they're quite common 3700 years from now, so no, sorry. About walking around with protocol droids it would be a *********** hassle to have c2n2 speak the whole game for you not to mention it would make the "wookie's" party bigger than the other characters.

Edited by Lightmaguz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Thrawn trilogy, wasn't there a wookiee who spoke basic? And he said something about Chewbacca having a speech impediment that prevented him from easily speaking basic?

It's been years since I read those, and it's kinda silly. But I just thought I'd mention it....

In the Thrawn trilogy, wasn't there a wookiee who spoke basic? And he said something about Chewbacca having a speech impediment that prevented him from easily speaking basic?

It's been years since I read those, and it's kinda silly. But I just thought I'd mention it....

Everything that happens in the EU after RotJ is fanfiction as far as Lucas is concerned.

My son played a Wookiee for 5 years in SWG and we were hoping to recreate him in SWTOR, but I can see why this isn't feasable with the Voice Acting within game.

Sad really. Was the only one of our 6 SWG toons that we weren't able to recreate here. :(

Just get a type 4 human with longish hair and beard, then just type in chat purely in "wookieeish" and if anyone questions you just claim you're a wookiee with alopecia. :w_confused:

I was a bit amazed they didn't have wookiee's as a playable race, or more none (or at least less) humanoid races.

Everything that happens in the EU after RotJ is fanfiction as far as Lucas is concerned.

That's fair. Isn't that kinda where chiss come from though....? (Thrawn was a creation of the EU wasn't he?)

Also, wasn't a lot of EU stuff incorporated into the prequel trilogy? Like Coruscant, for starters. Also, those big wheeled Juggernaut vehicles in Ep.3 were EU material weren't they? I seem to recall having an old Star Wars technology book pre-dating the release of Ep.1 that had those in it.

That's fair. Isn't that kinda where chiss come from though....? (Thrawn was a creation of the EU wasn't he?)

Also, wasn't a lot of EU stuff incorporated into the prequel trilogy? Like Coruscant, for starters. Also, those big wheeled Juggernaut vehicles in Ep.3 were EU material weren't they? I seem to recall having an old Star Wars technology book pre-dating the release of Ep.1 that had those in it.

if something is incorporated into the movies from the EU then that thing becomes canon and nothing else.

they can add them and most likely they will just they will add them as their own class like a Wookie Beserker with it's own storyline. They won't add Wookie Smuglers or troopers.

Doubtfull.

No one will want to sit through hearing a wookie roar for 2 mins when answering questions in a cutscene while reading text of whats being said.

they can add them and most likely they will just they will add them as their own class like a Wookie Beserker with it's own storyline. They won't add Wookie Smuglers or troopers.

This.

As pointed out many times before: Wookies don't make sense as any of the existing classes. There are no Wookiee Jedi yet, and Wookies wouldn't be in the Republic Military. At best, you could argue for Smuggler, but the story line still doesn't fit. Lore wise, Wookiees haven't really left Kashyyk in any notable numbers, since they're still recovering from slavery under Czerka.

Of course, that fact makes for a pretty good base for a story. It would just need to be a story that starts on Kashyyk.

As for Bothans, Ithorians, and other "weird size" species, I don't expect you'd ever really see them. The animations would be wrong in so many cases. Also: requesting Ithorians is silly.

And then Jawas ... Just no. Please don't request that the game make fun of itself. And yes, if you want Jawas, its only for the chance to generate laughs as you purposefully trample lore and atmosphere.

Wookiees haven't really left Kashyyk in any notable numbers, since they're still recovering from slavery under Czerka.

There's quite a few Wookiees around the place.

Also: requesting Ithorians is silly.

Why? How are the any more "silly" than someone that runs around with a glow stick shooting lightening from their finger tips? :confused:

And then Jawas ... Just no. Please don't request that the game make fun of itself. And yes, if you want Jawas, its only for the chance to generate laughs as you purposefully trample lore and atmosphere.

I'd agree except you can have them as companions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.