Formula for When Missions Turn Grey to You?

Muckbeast

I really, really hope someone knows the answer to this.

What is the formula for when a mission will turn grey to you?

For example, right now I am level 46 (and very close to 47). I have some level 40 heroics (Alderann bonus series stuff) that are green to me. I want to do them later tonight with some friends, but I'm worried if I ding 47 they will turn grey to me.

In general, this would be good to know for planning out when I can do various content with friends, alts, etc.

Thank you!

grey means its a trivial task to complete for you

green means it is easy for you to complete

yellow means it is averagely difficult

orange means its hard

red means its very hard

Yes, I know that part. :)

But what is the formula for when a mission turns grey?

Is it a flat # of levels?

Is it a % of your level?

I want to play this afternoon but if I do I will level, and I am hoping lvl 40 missions will still be green to me at 47.

its purely level based. although im sure some missions will become grey faster than others based on the difficulty of the mission when you were supposed to be able to do it anyway

This.

I do grey missions all the time to help friends. I guess I don't understand your concern?!

I fought with this the whole way through - it was like I was always too high for my zone.

Between ship missions and PvP and questing... every zone was green when I got there, and grey before I was done. I just deleted them all and went to the next zone.

Didn't do many heroics cuz I saved them all for when friends could join, then oops they turned grey, deleted them.

Now I am 46 and My progression is telling me to go to Vos or Ilum and for once I think I am finally going to a zone that is orange or yellow to me.

I wasn't very happy with how my progression went. Green quests are just a joke challenge wise - This game felt VERY easy because of that.

This.

I do grey missions all the time to help friends. I guess I don't understand your concern?!

1) I want to actually earn xp from the heroic.

2) I want my friends to earn xp from the heroic. If the mobs/mission are grey to me, they won't earn xp.

So anyone know what the # of levels is in the 40s?