The 5k crits need to stop.. NOW

Fox_McCloud

I play a scoundrel (was supposed to be main but has become more an alt), and I dont want to see us killing people before stun wears off.

If true it should be fixed. I'd rather the devs do some internal testing rather than react to forums however. And make sure any balancing done around burst reduction takes into account our relatively low damage mitigation too. :rolleyes:

Edited by salamanderx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So what about the guys doing 6500+ crits?

I have seen 600+k damage in a WZ.

As the Gear, Valor, Expertise, and Knowledge of playing your class goes up, so will the numbers vs those that do not.

Simple answer... get better, get gear, get expertise and move with the wave

It IS after buffs, stims, and adrenals if they're hitting for 5K+ OR it's players with full PvP gear killing sub 50s, or 50s with little to no expertise, which will be fixed when they add a bracket for 50s.

10% of 5000 = 500 with full champ you would still take 4,500. Gear is not the issue OP/SC are not the issue its stacking adrenal type buffs that's the problem.

I totally see and understand your perspective, but I must respectfully disagree with some of your opinions.

I do think SWTOR has done well with giving full protection classes a *true* place in warzones. I mean, they even get medals for absorbing damage, just like healers/dps get medals for doing their roles.

I can definitely see how some may not like the playstyle of this. I just think it adds a whole new dynamic to pvp that I'm not accustomed to - to me this feels fresh.

In previous MMO's, it seemed like you were either a DPS or a healer. Now that tanks have a real place in the warzones, it seems like the triad of options really does make the PvP a new experience. I really think that having a trio of options, not a duo, adds a new element of strategy for hardcore groups/players who are working together.

Please keep in mind I know many may disagree with this and have legitimate reasons to not feel the same way. I really, really do like the system though. The fact that /taunt actually has real, beneficial use in PvP to me is a testament to how well they made a role for every role (dps/heal/tank) in PvP.

I understand why you, as a tank, would like the idea of having a specific role added for your archetype for pvp.

However I think this kind of design really does create problems rather then make anything better.

Requiring any archetype to win pvp is fail design. You should be able to win with whatever classes people on your team take that are fun to them. It should not be.. "Oh we didnt get a tank, therefore our healer is going to take astronomical damage and will die every time" or in reverse "Oh their team has a tank to protect their healer, therefore their healer is unkillable."

People already complained about healers being required for pvp, adding a third requirement to the mix does not solve the problem it only makes it worse. Now you need a healer and a tank, and then you can have classes that people want to play after that. If you do not have a healer and a tank in your group then you might as well afk now.

Bad design, maybe I will just wait for good game design from Guild Wars 2s pvp.

The specific roll in PvP for a Tank is Guard.

For every 10k you guard you get a medal. Now granted you need a healer behind you to get the numbers, but why would a healer do that when they get crap rewards for healing vs dps.

Ok, let me put it to you like this:

1k Damage per hit.

1 x Healer with Guard and a tank taunting anyone who attacks the healer:

1k damage - 30% from taunt = 700, half of that moved to the tank, 350 damage done to a health pool of 15000, meaning that without any healing you'd need roughly 43 hits to take down that healer. With a global of 1.5 seconds that means a little over a minute to kill that one person. With no healing, this means you'd have to spend 8 minutes in a warzone just to kill everyone on the other team once.

"I'm dying to operatives, they are overpowered, here is my proof, exhibit A and B. Videos of operatives ganking people under level 50 and occasionally getting a level 50 kill by attacking someone that is already under 50% health and focused on another target."

Heres a novel idea guys. Lets wait until the level 50 bracket hits and people are actually fighting other geared players and not cherry picking nubs out of the WZ to pick on before we start becoming "The Boy That Cried Nerf."

Until then, get better.

Straw Man argument, I see that you are not a deep thinker, more of a troll really.

In video 2, it was a duel, the opponent was level 50 and had full life and was dead before the stun wore off.

In video 1 there was a lot of what you say, but the video is 9 minutes long, if you watch the video you will see there are a great many number of fights that was against full health bar level 50s, and similar results occurred.

Nice try though, try to be more objective next time, it helps the game over all, and it makes you look less foolish.

I supose you would want the 5k crit heals to stop aswell?

Stop qqing about other proffs hitting higher than you!

What game are you playing? lol. Trauma ***** our heals lol.

There is no way that any class in Pvp should be damned near instagibbed.

Im seeing videos of kids hitting for 7k. Thats around half of their target's health bar gone. 1 hit, half health. Does that seem anywhere reasonable to you? I could care less about what type of armor someone has on. Its to the point that it reminds me of level 19 twink brackets in WoW. Its essentially the same thing. Rogues twinked out running around 1-2 shotting every other player, regardless of level.

In the case of TOR though, its not gear, its just the class(es) , namely scoundrel / operative.

Edited by jHats

I understand why you, as a tank, would like the idea of having a specific role added for your archetype for pvp.

However I think this kind of design really does create problems rather then make anything better.

Requiring any archetype to win pvp is fail design. You should be able to win with whatever classes people on your team take that are fun to them. It should not be.. "Oh we didnt get a tank, therefore our healer is going to take astronomical damage and will die every time" or in reverse "Oh their team has a tank to protect their healer, therefore their healer is unkillable."

People already complained about healers being required for pvp, adding a third requirement to the mix does not solve the problem it only makes it worse. Now you need a healer and a tank, and then you can have classes that people want to play after that. If you do not have a healer and a tank in your group then you might as well afk now.

Bad design, maybe I will just wait for good game design from Guild Wars 2s pvp.

I'm a healer not a tank. (you mentioned thinking I was a tank). I just enjoy not being left helpless while the DPS go off and melt faces - now I actually have tanks who protect me and enjoy doing so during a warzone.

And the archetype isn't required to win, it just makes things useful. Just like in other games, if a group in a "battleground" was all DPS and no healers, it made things difficult. In the same regard, having a good mix of healers/dps/tanks can help things out.

What game are you playing? lol. Trauma ***** our heals lol.

There is no way that any class in Pvp should be damned near instagibbed.

Im seeing videos of kids hitting for 7k. Thats around half of their target's health bar gone. 1 hit, half health. Does that seem anywhere reasonable to you? I could care less about what type of armor someone has on. Its to the point that it reminds me of level 19 twink brackets in WoW. Its essentially the same thing. Rogues twinked out running around 1-2 shotting every other player, regardless of level.

In the case of TOR though, its not gear, its just the class(es) , namely scoundrel / operative.

Nope wrong,gear and level has alot to do with it and the consumeables and if you do not believe me roll one.

I did WZ's this weekend and against 50's with gear i could not take them down in 5 secs,and sith inquis forgetabout it.

Edited by Sathid

I play as a Shield Spec Vanguard and people tickle me with their 2k crits. ;)

I play as a immortal jug with 5 pieces of champ gear and almost 17k hp and there are OPS that can take me down to 2k health in the first stun, its crazy. But I don't mind as soon as the stun wears off I can beat on them and do nothing.

Edited by Cromica

The specific roll in PvP for a Tank is Guard.

For every 10k you guard you get a medal. Now granted you need a healer behind you to get the numbers, but why would a healer do that when they get crap rewards for healing vs dps.

Guard is definitely useful, but taunts are also useful in warzone as well :D They reduce the damage targets take.

Not sure who you were posting this comment to, so I just thought I'd throw this in there too :D

Ridiculous op broken class, really how can this pass through beta test and still no

NERF

NERF

NERF

and

NERF

ps as a healer im frustated , if they dont get fixed soon im out for good and im sure many are , this class is sad broken and destroys the already sub par pvp.

Edited by ursusarctus

Guard is definitely useful, but taunts are also useful in warzone as well :D They reduce the damage targets take.

Not sure who you were posting this comment to, so I just thought I'd throw this in there too :D

This... nothing is better than seeing a team mate in the middle of a pack of imps, slapping guard on them then firing off sonic round and watching all the imps sit there trying to figure out how the hell he is still standing while a healer tops them off. :D

Edited by Surgin

This... nothing is better than seeing a team mate in the middle of a pack of imps, slapping guard on them then firing off sonic round and watching all the imps sit there trying to figure out how the hell he is still standing and while a healer tops them off. :D

I love you. Marry me please?

This... nothing is better than seeing a team mate in the middle of a pack of imps, slapping guard on them then firing off sonic round and watching all the imps sit there trying to figure out how the hell he is still standing while a healer tops them off. :D

O rly so what if they have 2 operatives doing this for instance

you understand that even with guard you can both die right ?

If you want heal more use stims , relics and adrenals or take the +15% expertise warzone buff like the operatives in your videos if you stop the second video u can see that operative have Rakata Attack Adrenal ( 3 min cd and cant use it on stealth ) , relic and Rakata Skill Stim

lol to late for that
Roflmao PvP in this game was a joke from day 1.

I wonder what was the idea behind this PvP design, I would like an honest answer from the scrubs who developed this PvP.

I bet it would be something like this "We were bored with voice acting so we decided to troll the pvp community for our own amusement, and it is working as intended."

I play as a immortal jug with 5 pieces of champ gear and almost 17k hp and there are OPS that can take me down to 2k health in the first stun, its crazy. But I don't mind as soon as the stun wears off I can beat on them and do nothing.

I don't really have any problem 1v1 with classes except healers because of buggy GCD and interrupts. u_u

I'm a healer not a tank. (you mentioned thinking I was a tank). I just enjoy not being left helpless while the DPS go off and melt faces - now I actually have tanks who protect me and enjoy doing so during a warzone.

And the archetype isn't required to win, it just makes things useful. Just like in other games, if a group in a "battleground" was all DPS and no healers, it made things difficult. In the same regard, having a good mix of healers/dps/tanks can help things out.

Actually with damage the way it is right now, as a level 50 sage you can be killed from full life by an operative just coming out of stealth before you can even press a button... without a tank that is.

So I would argue that because the game may be balanced assuming the healer will have a tank near by it essentially makes it a requirement to have a tank if you are serious about winning.

I agree that in other games (WoW for example) having a healer was nearly required for serious pvpers to win as well. But my argument is rather then trying to make that better in TOR, they seem to have made the problem worse by adding another archetype requirement to the mix. Where as Guild Wars 2 seems to be attempting to fix the actual problem.

It is disheartening if this is the case, because that means TOR pvp will never be balanced properly unless you roll with a healer+tank in every group you're in.