Anyone else not gaining XP for there Crafting Skills??

DarkSaberMaster

As the title says. I have Cybertech, Scavenging and Underworld and I am not getting any xp for completing the missions or for crafting mods in Cybertech. I submitted a ticket to CS, but haven't received a response yet. I'm posting here cause I want to know if I am the only person this is happening to.

Maybe they are grey for you?

On the left side of the crafting item, there is a colored number (which is how many you can make). If it is grey, crafting that item will not give you any Craft EXP (not personal exp of course). That's the only thing I can think of :p

Edited by Treplos

I believe that at as your level goes up, you need to take on more challenging missions in order to continue to obtain xp. So, and this may be a dumb question, have you checked the top right corner of your crew skills mission menu to make sure the levels are appropriate?

The difficulty level of the item/mission determines how much xp you get.

If you make an item or do a mission that is gray, then you won't get any xp.

If you make an item or do a mission that is green, then you get 1 xp per item/mission.

If you make an item or do a mission that is yellow, then you get 1-2 xp per item/mission.

If you make an item or do a mission that is orange, then you get 2-3 xp per item/mission.

Edited by Quiet

And just so you know there are a couple spots in cybertech where you are stuck making some of the items that take lots of resources because they are the only items that give points. Mods are only every 4 levels, vs armorings that are every 2, so it is possible to have armorings that give points and mods that don't. I think at one point the only thing I had that gave points was a droid part or ship upgrade.

Just to be clear - crafting/missions do not give exp of any kind.

They will give you skill points, increasing the skill you just used.

They do not give you any experience at all, the kind used to level your char.

Just to be clear - crafting/missions do not give exp of any kind.

They will give you skill points, increasing the skill you just used.

They do not give you any experience at all, the kind used to level your char.

Yeah. That's what I had meant. I'm not receiving any skill points for completing the missions or for crafting. I had checked and I am doing the missions in Scavenging and Underworld that are appropriate for my level, but still not gaining skill points.

I looked at my crafting recipes under Cybertech and checked to see if they were greyed out. Everything that I am able to craft is greyed out. So I am guessing that is the reason why I am not gaining skill points. Is there any suggestions for gaining schematics that I can craft so I can continue to level that skill?

I looked at my crafting recipes under Cybertech and checked to see if they were greyed out. Everything that I am able to craft is greyed out. So I am guessing that is the reason why I am not gaining skill points. Is there any suggestions for gaining schematics that I can craft so I can continue to level that skill?

Talk to your crafting skill trainer. After you gain skill in crafting he'll have more recipe's to offer you for training.

The cybertech trainer is really really bugged, don't look for items that are green or trainable. Look at the skill required, for some reason it doesn't update, so you have to click the dropdown to show ALL, and then buy skills that you are high enough to buy.

Talk to your crafting skill trainer. After you gain skill in crafting he'll have more recipe's to offer you for training.

Oh okay. I thought they were automatically given to you once you got to a high enough skill level. I didn't know you had to purchase more recipes. Cool. Thanks for all the help, guys. :)

Oh okay. I thought they were automatically given to you once you got to a high enough skill level. I didn't know you had to purchase more recipes. Cool. Thanks for all the help, guys. :)

yeah, and since the crafting trainers are the ONLY ones you have to talk to after you trained your skill, this tends to throw a lot of people off. BW should probably have a mission trigger after you reach skill 10 or so to get people to look at the crafting trainer for new recipes. I've seen this happen with friends in game as well as several people on the forums.