Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ha ha read and weep

JediSanta

Hmmmm vgchartz has it listed at a total of just over 2 million sales and do my eyes decieve but its the only PC game in the top 10 making it the number 1 pc game in sales? So even if we lose 60% of present numbers we will still be coming out ok

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand not liking the game but it truly boggles my mind when people continuously post on the forums of a game they think sucks and already 'unsubbed' to, yet if you look at their post history, this is a daily thing for them.

It's psychology, they really, really do like the game, else they wouldn't post here but move on to the next game. It's actually good for a game to have people like this who care so much about a game.

It's psychology, they really, really do like the game, else they wouldn't post here but move on to the next game. It's actually good for a game to have people like this who care so much about a game.

Like a jilted lover that keeps taunting and harassing an ex-girlfriend that dumped them.

They are jealous, they long for that ex-girlfriend still, and they are emotionally immature.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/03/the-old-republic-drops-30-spots/

Star Wars drops sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic drops 30 spots on the UK sales charts

January 3, 2012 | Sebastian HaleyAdd a CommentinShare.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

This just in! Sales drop after Christmas! Next up, Temperatures rising during Summer!

Stay tuned...

Edited by Sykologist

I can't stand SWTOR fanboys but I don't want this game to fail.

More good MMO's means more competition and companies learning from each other.

I don't like how EA/BW handle this MMO but wishing the game to drop sales and lose subs is another story.

In the end it will just mean more F2P mmo's and well I don't like that.

Though I must admit some part of me does want them to slip because of their customer service and Eu treatment.

People stop buying games after Christmas. Developers know this

I have to ask then, if this is the case how come 29 other companies are selling more copies of their respective games better than swtor after Christmas?

Sales do drop after Christmas like you said.

Star Wars drops sales:

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

OMG NOOO a random article from a random person, and a random doomsayer who post this nonsense. 2012 really is the end of all things. Definitely for this post, that soon will be closed.

Why don't you just leave this forum and game poster? You are a moron.

I can't stand SWTOR fanboys but I don't want this game to fail.

More good MMO's means more competition and companies learning from each other.

I don't like how EA/BW handle this MMO but wishing the game to drop sales and lose subs is another story.

In the end it will just mean more F2P mmo's and well I don't like that.

Though I must admit some part of me does want them to slip because of their customer service and Eu treatment.

f2P isn't always bad. It's stupid to think otherwise. Depending on the mmo, the player base, and the company, f2p can actually be BETTER. In this instance, probably not though, I will give you that.

I don't know about you guys but my local game stores are CONSTANTLY sold out the day they get a new shipment of game cards in. They have a harder time selling WoW game cards than SWTOR ones, they go like hotcakes.

We are sold out here as well.

My wife wanted the box version last week when she finally was able to join since I got her computer fixed.

She had to settle for the digital version.

Looking forward to the end of the month, hopefully it will be the end of JediSanta as well unless he keeps paying money just so he could troll these forums, or what is more likely if someone else is paying him to do so.

Professional trolls payed by competition are nothing new anyway.

I have to ask then, if this is the case how come 29 other companies are selling more copies of their respective games better than swtor after Christmas?

Sales do drop after Christmas like you said.

There could be a million reasons. Newer game, longer awaited, the NAME of the game helps. List is way to long.

Star Wars drops sales:

All that failure, yet you are still here.

Glad you're enjoying the game.

Star Wars drops sales:

So bascially you are such a pathetic loser that you have nothing better to do with your life than hang around a forum for a game you don't care for and post about how you don't like the game.

Get a life?

Star Wars drops sales:

Dude, Final Fantasy XIV has SUCKED since day one, and a year and a half later it's still up and running with players. SWTOR ain't going anywhere regardless of sales numbers.

Additionally, the majority of the SWTOR community is well aware that these forums have become nothing more than a gathering place for the WoW loyalists who are desperate to keep their precious lifeblood from faltering due to SWTOR. Nowhere else on the web can you find such a collection of whining anti-SWTOR people as you can here on the boards.

Bottom line: If you don't like SWTOR, that's great for you. Go play something else. Leave these forums and wait for the game to die as you expect it will.

Just be prepared for a long wait.

Hey Everyone,

While we appreciate both positive and negative feedback, we ask that feedback be constructive and on-topic for the forum it is in. As there is little room for constructive discussion here we will be closing this thread.

Please feel free to post your constructive feedback in one of the ongoing discussions such as the Suggestion Compilation thread.

Thank you for your understanding.