Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

Chosenxeno

If this "crowd" consist of one hive mind, you might be right. Guess we are talking about insectoids here, rather than the human species. ;)

---

I beginning to believe these posters who keep demanding macros and addons and crap like that are really just Chinese gold farmers and spammers wanting their spamming tools back.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are in the minority. Sorry to tell ya.

But you can't proof that, can you? You just assume that most players here (and not only the few that post on the forums) hail from WoW AND want the same things you want.

In the end you just want the developers cater to your personal needs and you try to convince (or extort) them to do so, by just claiming that you are part of the largest group of players around, who all want what you want.

We will make it all happen: LFD, Addons, macro's. Prolly even faction change in a more distant future. Deny and fight it all you want. This game belongs to us now.

We'll make it succesfull. EA/Bioware will cater to us, true mmo players (most of us pro/elite).

Thank you Bioware for bringing in Addons, macro's and LFD. Finally a wise decision!

Opinion = Fact = Everybody's opinion AND proof by allegation - this is how you WoW-trolls roll?

I beginning to believe these posters who keep demanding macros and addons and crap like that are really just Chinese gold farmers and spammers wanting their spamming tools back.

I personally want all kinds of bells and whistles, but I know they will become mandatory and spoil the game for a lot more people than most of these people think, and thus am against implementing them. Cause yes, "hey, I was one of the wow players, and they all love addons". :cripes:

Same. But i won't wait as long as to level a couple of toons to 50. We are paying money by the month here and the experience i get is just so lacking and primitive. I'm playing a game with 2006(at best) features and mechanics, in 2012.

no addons

no macros

non customisable UI, and a pretty bad implementation of the current UI

no lfg tool

no dual talent specialization

bland and uninspired classes

and unfortunately it goes on and on...

It was my same experience with Rift leveled a couple characters to 50 and outleveled all the beginning instances all the time spamming chat triing to find groups. I quit that game for not having a grouping tool and never looked back. I hear they have a system in place now but they alienated me already at that point.

I hate to admit this but Addons would be a very good thing to fix the horrible UI in SW :(

I was always playing with addons in wow and setting up my UI could take hours and hours, but i realy liked setting those addons up.

If you see how large of a community WoW Addons makers is then people would understand why WoW players want addons.

But you will have to swallow those gearscore tards to, who only invite players IF they outgear the instance with 2 tiers ahead -_-

But i can live with that.

Eve / Warhammer had atleast some customization settings build inside their UI wich made it alot better.

Time will tell if Bioware can made that huge step, but i hope it wont be to late as there is walking a big giant where alot of people are waiting for.

If that happens then you would be playing by yourself.. complete dramatization of course, but you get the picture.. Majority rules buddy.

Don't you mean "idiocy and lazyness" rule, buddy", hence reflecting the majority of mankind's mentality?

Suddenly, this phrase seems much more consistent.

Edited by GalaxyDude

Thumbs up on that one. That pretty much sums it up right there.. well off to work too. Enjoy the discussion!

I don't understand this at all.

Everyone wants the game to be a WoW Clone.

Everyone accuses the game of being a WoW Clone.

It was my same experience with Rift leveled a couple characters to 50 and outleveled all the beginning instances all the time spamming chat triing to find groups. I quit that game for not having a grouping tool and never looked back. I hear they have a system in place now but they alienated me already at that point.

Rift has lfd. You quit because you quit everything you play. Quitter

I scent a conspiracy of Blizzard fanbois. Their consensus is "This is WoW in space, this game should be like WoW in every little detail!" Only to be in the position of stating "This game is a wow clone in each respect!" and continue their beloved bashing, IF Bioware should ever listen to them and wowify their magnificient piece of work SWTOR.

No troll intended.

Happily enough this isn't wow and i don't want to play wow, i like this game as it is now. There already is a looking for group tool in the game, if more people knew to use it then groups wouldn't take so long. As for mods and macros I just feel that once you start including them it becomes less about playing and more about hitting one button and watching the game play itself, no thanks.

Yeah they copied all the cr*ppy elements of WoW and left out some of the good stuff. People are p*ssed for this very reason.

OP - You want the game to be a copy of WoW to feed you to satisfaction. And when you are satisfied, assuming that BW copies all the things you so eagerly proposed, then you and the so "many" people that think alike will just abandon the game after ruining it, realising that the game you want to play is namely WoW.

Now you want LFD, macros and addons. Tomorrow you will be pissed of the dialogues and you will insist that BW removes them and put the oldschool questbook.

Are you really so ignorant and selfish? You want the game to be exactly to your liking? Blizzard needed 7 years to that, and now that you have all that in WoW, why are you here? Why aren't you there to support them as they gave you all that you needed. You prefer just to abandon them, because you are bored to the outer limits of the boredom in WoW. It's understanable, it's 7 years.

What I am saying is, why not try to adapt to the game's mechanics instead of adapting the game mechanics to you.

Everyone says the best time for Wow was Vanilla. And there was not such thing like LFD and bunch of things that u guys are complain now.

I loved to run to the instances entrance, find peoples, and really meet them.

LFD make it so automatic. You barely speaks with the group.

Its a good tool indeed, but i dont think this is the most need thing atm.

Sorry for my english.

Have a good game.

It's extremely difficult to say something about "majorities" and "minorities" simply based on observations in a forum. That mainly because only a very small percentage of the overall playerbase comes here and of those few that come here at all, most are here because the feel they must be heard by the developers (i.e.: complain).

So in the end there is no way at all for a mere player or customer to know what the "majority" or "everyone" wants. That's why people make up stuff like: "Most people want addons, because most people are from WoW", or: "Most people don't want addons, because they quit WoW".