What If Raids Dropped No Gear?

SlyJeff

I think if all the best looking gear was available to everyone then we would all look the same and you would be posting that we need more variety instead...

I have played MMO's where the best looking gear was easily obtainable by anyone - Unfortunately everyone of that class ends up all wearing it and every sniper looks exactly like every sniper and every marauder the same...and you get the picutre.

Nothing is more depressing than to walk into the capital city and see every character look the exact same.

Gear needs to be hidden on many different levels and at least somewhat difficult/rare to obtain just so that not everyone can obtain it. This creates diversity - and I guarantee you, until you have played an MMO that allows all the best gear to everyone, will never understand this concept.

Edited by Trevalon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they did something like this, there would need to be a fast way of comparing the dropped mod to the appropriate mod/gear slot (a smarter mouseover/popup tooltip). If everyone in a raid had to open their character sheet and check all their mods for compatibility and better/worse stats, it would take forever to get through the whole need/greed/roll thing.

If they did something like this, there would need to be a fast way of comparing the dropped mod to the appropriate mod/gear slot (a smarter mouseover/popup tooltip). If everyone in a raid had to open their character sheet and check all their mods for compatibility and better/worse stats, it would take forever to get through the whole need/greed/roll thing.

Gear bags. No rolling at all. Bioware had this right at the start.

Question:

What if raids dropped no gear at all.

Answer:

All the raiders who say they do it for the challenge would be exposed for the liars they are.

I don't think so. They would still do the raids, but they would do it once. This is what happens with the bonus bosses in flashpoints.

I think if all the best looking gear was available to everyone then we would all look the same and you would be posting that we need more variety instead...

Then maybe they need to redo the concept of gear altogether.

The mod system is a great idea (If slightly stolen), but instead of dropping orange gear to slot it in you could set your costume to whatever you wanted (See City of Heroes again, or if they wanted to be class leaders the short lived APB was awesome customisation) and the slots are just part of the character totally independant from looks.

Each class could have a set of unique costume parts to pick from and you would be 99% certain to never see a duplicate.

Well, if it lets us have easier access to mods and enhancements that aren't completely retarded (like high endurance DPS enhancements for instance) I'm all for it.

I've been trying forever to get rid of "B" mods in my gear, but it's really difficult since only a few pieces that drop actually contain the "regular" version of the mods I need.