[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Come on Bioware enable the hi-res textures. We know they are there and people bought new rigs just for this game. The looks great but at the same time it looks like crap. My character looks beautiful at the character select screen and then I logged in......

My helmet looks awesome with wonderful designs and detail and when I log it it just looks like a mask that somebody took a marker to.

Enable now please.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Bioware enable the hi-res textures. We know they are there and people bought new rigs just for this game. The looks great but at the same time it looks like crap. My character looks beautiful at the character select screen and then I logged in......

My helmet looks awesome with wonderful designs and detail and when I log it it just looks like a mask that somebody took a marker to.

Enable now please.

Its not a simple switch that they just have to turn on. It will have to be patched in order to enable them and they have to find the bug in order to find the solution and then test it before releasing it to the public.

Its not a simple switch that they just have to turn on. It will have to be patched in order to enable them and they have to find the bug in order to find the solution and then test it before releasing it to the public.

That's true, it will take time anyway, when they will put them functioning on the test server then you can start open the Champagne because it will be released soon, so don't wait for an answer like "tomorrow we will put it on" or "in a week" it will anyway take at least 15 days to a month.

Bye,

If you want AA you can easily force it in the INI file. I have been running AA x16 since launch day, makes the game look amazing.

Go check your ini dude they completely disabled the options in the file. As well as a message telling you not to change the file. Aa is onlu part of the problem. The textures are nintendo 64 the problem

Edited by wifeaggro

No they haven't. You can enable them just by adding in a line of text.

Ive done it too every patch erases it. There is obviously something wrong with the graphic engine if they are wRning you in the ini file. It does nothing for the absloutley horrid textures outside of cutscenes

Ive done it too every patch erases it. There is obviously something wrong with the graphic engine if they are wRning you in the ini file. It does nothing for the absloutley horrid textures outside of cutscenes

Correct, there is no solution or workaround for this issue. EVERYONE has this issue, if they think they don't they are blind/mistaken.

Hello Stephen! How are you. What are you doing over there? Did you have a chance to speak with the programmers yet? When do you guys have the meeting about this issue? Looking forward to hear from you!

Yours Truly,

1 Subscriber

Make that 2.

Yes Stephen, I also would like to know if you had a chance to discuss this with the programmers. I would like to know if I am ever going to be able to play this game in the high resolution textures that were advertised by your company before release? If that is not going to be the case, can you please send me THAT version of the game?

Hello Stephen! How are you. What are you doing over there? Did you have a chance to speak with the programmers yet? When do you guys have the meeting about this issue? Looking forward to hear from you!

Yours Truly,

1 Subscriber

Make that 3!

That's fine, but they need to keep us posted as to why, instead of stealthily changing medium setting to the new high setting.

WARNING: This is long lol

OK TY FOR POSTING, as I was reinstalling literally and when the launcher updated I decided to check out the forums.

I was specifically reinstalling because i have not been able to get the high settings to work on textures, and yes graphics are a massive part of a video game. I mean come on thats common sense @ those argueing it doesnt matter.

I also had just opened a ticket on how low quality the graphics are, how character detail is just as important as an entire planet, and probably more so. How most female players I know literally quit MMO's because of lack of photorealism and the inability to even make your shirt cuffs show, much less just basic quality.

How after Starwars had set such high standards in special effects when it came out and how Bioware had set such high standards in gaming this game should reflect that.

How the failure of other mmo's not allowing charcter customization beyond basic gear and face killed them. How to this day people still literally go for the game that has the best textures and detail, the more photo realistic you can make it the better.

How modern gaming systems are not even being touched by the quality of this or any other mmo is. I run this game on high, on every setting on a machine that is over 5 years old without a problem.

I cant imagine what people with real gaming rigs must be thinking right now, when even i am going whoa, these graphics are terrible, i mean my charcter looks like everything he has on is furry, its so blurry.

Now yes i would like to see some realism, some photorealistic texture options, idc if i have to download another 100 gigs just for the texture packages ( i mean ive reinstalled twice just trying to get high to work), much less the fact they are supposedly already there. I went on about how we need not just high textures working, but extreme options as well, can even have disclaimers saying performance issues when using extreme graphics is not customer service suported etc.

BUT I have reinstalled this game twice now just over trying to get the high settings to work, because as i read on a different post if u installed after 1-4-12 it would work.

The simple fact any customer is reinstalling the game downloading 20 gigs again to try to fix a problem that is already known and has been known and wasnt fixed was swept under the rug is attrocious.

I am so glad i stopped to read the forums b4 i wiped the game yet again to try to install a version with working graphics.

AND to find out that on the test server they have changed it and dropped it completely, im appalled, calling the current medium texture set high, is absolutly to far.

A VIDEO GAME QUALITY IS BASED ON GRAPHICS, the game can be fun to play, but QUALITY IS BASED ON THE GRAPHICS, if i just want programming, i can play pacman.

The voice acting is amazing, i love it, i do not have a problem with the crafting skills, I enjoy the game it is fun, story line driven is amazing. BUT THE GRAPICS ARE TERRIBLE. I have opened forums on how it shouldn't be an issue to have a photorealistic girl in a bikini on a video game that starts you off killing people.

The simple taboo that this game seems to have about quality characters ie definition of the charcter i am playing and staring at for hours a day, is absurd.

No I do not want ****, but my goodness the females look like they are made of white out with grey censor bars going across them, and with every female i know basically basing whether or not they will play this game on charcter customization and detail level, you would think it was a huge importance. There was 4 options for body. THAT ALONE IS BEYOND MY ABILITY TO COMPREHEND FOR A GAME OF THIS MAGNATUDE AND HYPE.

I can not continue to go into all of the reasons for actually opening a ticket about this issue, but suffice it to say, a video game's quality has always been based on how good its graphics were. AND I can not understand in any fair discernment why im paying for a game with worse graphics then the games ten years ago had, the environment is nice for an mmo, but the characters are so poor compared to everything else in the game its mind boggling this wasnt fixed in the beta when it was reported, unless they are making every texture photorealistic like they could be, like the unrendered movies they have shown show, what they advertised..............

You knwo what... I have been extremly satisfied in how the devs have handled programming, BUT I am appalled at how the game itself is lacking in visual quality so I AM GETTING INTO THIS ON THIS POST ATLEAST, go to daz3d, check out just what is actually available in computer graphics, check out phoenix1966 work on renderosity, i am talking photo realistic, look at reby sky, look at victoria 5, look at so many other graphics capabilities then come look at your character in game, its like blocks and jagged edges and the sort. VIDEO GAME GRAPHICS SHOULD ONLY BE LIMITED TO COMPUTER CAPABILITY WITH POST 2010 TECHNOLOGY AND THE USER SHOULD DECIDE JUST HOW FAR TO PUSH THEM VS PERFORMANCE

The character graphics are attrocious for a game made after 2010.

The programing and voice acting itself is amazing, the playability is fun, the story lines are awesome. I even do like the crafting system and can easily see new items coming into play that can be crafted as good or better then rewards in other areas, stats are about the easiest thing to adjust on a item, that isnt an issue, most of the game is very good.

BUT WHAT DECIDES ITS QUALITY ARE ITS GRAPHICS. IE THE NAME VIDEO GAME. it means graphics game, it means how good your game is is directly contigent on how good your graphics are. We can do without some particles, to get some textures with some detail, some realism. Bioware and Starwars were known for setting new standards in this category, what happened? Even the options for video are lacking greatly (see a gret many other posts or look at options in games such as second life, startrek or wow or ... goes on and on lol )

The simple fact I was reinstalling the game again, just because i havent been able to get the graphics to work good, (ie no high setting, medium and high were the same and the textures themselves were horrible, secondlife has had better for a decade) is enough to tell you that data storage, net use and computer capability is not an issue.

I am so glad I found this post and found out the test server is doing away with the option all together calling medium high and not actually releasing high res textures. Because i literally was just about to reinstall yet again to try to fix this.

REGARDLESS of if this gets fixed, I cant see any reason even better graphics shouldnt be a priority, AND i am convinced most people are waiting to decide if they will continue playing this game, based on how good character graphics settings on high are. AND by not releasing it when the game launched, with it being known to be a problem in beta, i do feel like i have been falsly advertised to.

AND, I support this game and the work done so far, commend it, but as i said, THE GAMES QUALITY DEPENDS ON THE GAMES GRAPHICS.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION FOR A LONG TERM SUBSCRIPTION IS PARAMOUNT, PHOTO REALISTIC TEXTURES HAVE NOT ONLY BEEN AVAILABLE FOR OVER HALF A DECADE BUT ARE STANDARDS NOW FOR 3D.

If u guys want the female gamers to stick around and in so doing keeping the guys around, u need to fix the texture detail level, if ur stalling because of some censorship commitee u need to look at who is feeding u, ur subscribers and stop listening to some censor board. THIS ISNT A G RATED MADE FOR TELEVISION GENRE CATERING TO CHILDREN, THIS IS A SUBSCRIPTION BASED SOCIAL ROLE PLAYING GAME ON A MASSIVE SCALE WITH MORE ADULTS PLAYING IT THEN MOST OTHER TYPES OF VIDEO GAMES. IT IS THE ADULTS THAT KEEP LONG TERM SUBSCRIPTIONS ACTIVE, NOT CHILDREN, CHARACTER DETAIL AND TEXTURE QUALITY AND CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION ARE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE. ENVIRONMENT IS SECOND TO CHARACTER IN GAME WHERE YOUR EQUITY IS YOUR CHARACTER.

Now maybe alot of guys that just want a first person shooter will disagree, but i know very few females who do not care what they look like.

AND THERE IS A REASON FOR LADIES NIGHT AT THE BAR, IT DRAWS A CROWD. FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS THE WAY A PERSON LOOKS DIRECTLY AFFECTED THEIR SOCIABILITY.

IT IS NOT IN QUESTION WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS. WE WANT PHOTO REALISTIC GRAPHICS < THIS GAME ADVERTISED GREAT GRAPHICS< IT LOOKED GOOD ON THE PREVIEWS, WHY DO I LOOK LIKE A CARTOON NOW THAT I AM ACTUALLY PLAYING?

YES we need better textures if this game is going to continue, yes females will leave the game over this issue, yes many will leave if the problem is swept under the rug and you try to fool us with a high setting that is the same quality we have now. To be honest, the high res textures better look very, very attractive. THIS GREY CENSOR BAR ACROSS WHERE ALL OUR EYES GO, the one thing everybody has to stare at for hours, our clothing and the body of our character, need to be the most important issue, the game play is good enough, the QUALITY of the game is very poor, not in programming, that has been done very well and the bug fixes are coming in fast enough, in visual appeal. IE TEXTURE QUALITY AND POLYGON COUNT/MESH DETAIL

IF lucas and bioware want to keep all these subscribers, then rolling out extremely well made textures, photorealistic graphics and mesh detail for our characters need to be priority, it needs some serious charcter customization ability as well, even startrek released a couple of years ago has customizable body parts and dimensions and better textures. STARWARS and BIOWARE ARE EXPECTED TO KEEP THE STANDARDS THEY HAVE SET IN THE REST OF WHAT THEY DO

I do not want people leaving this game b4 it is even a month old, i love starwars, i love the idea of you guys making the next generation MMO, please stop going backwards, do not expect the community to get fooled by renaming the quality we all see and are almost offended by and stop listening to whoever is telling you that you cant show the form of a female or male. It has driven society for thousands of years and morality? We start off as a jedi that doesnt believe in killing, by killing everything and multiple of them and bonuses for doing so. DO NOT TELL ME A GIRL IN A BIKINI WITH HIGH DETAIL IS SO OFFENSIVE. I AM MURDERING PEOPLE FOR GOODNESS SAKE ON A DAILY BASIS, CALLING IT MORAL! COME ON LOL, TO NOT SHOW THE BODY IN EXTREME DETAIL WITH APPROPRIATE PARTS COVERED BUT STILL DETAILED, MUCH LESS THE FACE, ISNT JUST CALLED FOR BUT ALMOST AN ENTITLEMENT WITH WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.

BASICALLY EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON - GIRLS WANT TO BE ATTRACTIVE < GUYS WANT TO BE ATTRACTED. HECK EVEN THE GUYS WANT TO BE FAIRLY ATTRACTIVE AS WELL, YOU CAN MAKE IT ARTISTIC WITHOUT BEING OBSCENE, BUT NOT WITHOUT HIGH RES/MESH DETAIL

With such good graphics on everything else in the game i rarely get to see, the lack of high resolution textures and the lack of character definition is flat out an afront to my intellect. And tells me somebody is listening to the wrong people, maybe its some parental organization that thinks their kids dont see 5000 times more revealing and detailed human forms everyday on tv, maybe its some executive that thinks he is morally superior while making a video game that entails basically killing people for most of it, maybe its some organization or some higher up that decided we want to target children idk. BUT THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED

AND TBH MY KIRA WONT PROGRESS HER STORY BECAUSE I FLIRTED WITH HER AND THAT STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED< THAT IS BASIC STORY LINE AND COMPANION QUESTS WERE ADVERTISED AS PART OF THE GAME, SHES 10k/10k AFFECTION AND STILL WONT SPEAK TO ME!?? I AM ALMOST 50 AND I STILL CANT DO MY COMPANION STORY LINES. AND TO TOP IT OFF SHE LOOKS TERRIBLE, EXCEPT HER FACE (which is still smudgy)

Why isnt the actual game as advertised being made a priority? Texture quality and making the simple things like character advancement (companion story lines) work, should be the first thing fixed after being able to log in lol

PVP< OPS< CRAFTING <all of that is second to texture/mesh quality or character progression or even character customization.

THESE HIGH RES TEXTURES BETTER BE SOMETHING SPECIAL AFTER SO MUCH BALOGNIA EVEN GETTING THEM IN GAME- THE GAME WORKS GOOD ON EXTREMLY OUT DATED MACHINES< ITS TIME TO TARGET YOUR TOP END USERS THAT WILL DECIDE THIS GAMES FATE AND GET SOME PHOTOREALISM CAPABILTIES

MUCH LESS SOME BODY CUSTOMIZATION. YOU HAVE THE BASICS, IT WORKS ON OLD COMPUTERS, NOW FOCUS ON QUALITY. PERFORMANCE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET SOME DEPARTMENTS INCRESING CUSTOMIZATION AND MESH/TEXTURE QUALITY

TOP END GAMING SYSTEMS NEED TO BE THE TARGET< NEXT GENERATION PHOTO REALISM NEEDS TO BE THE TARGET.

AGAIN, the beta worked, now increase quality please, and i am so glad i didnt try to reinstall yet again to get this to work, if you do not release better textures and even start adding alot more character customization and graphcis packages like photo realism, it is going to be hard to justify continuing playing at lvl 50. EVERY THING END GAME IS EQUITY< BUT IF ITS NOT EVEN WORTH LOOKING AT< WHO CARES ABOUT HOW MUCH OF IT I HAVE. MMO EQUITY IS CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION, MMO QUALITY IS TEXTURE/MESH DETAIL

PROGRAMING HAS BEEN GOOD ENOUGH SINCE PACMAN, BUGS WILL GET WORKED OUT. If 99% of your customer base can log in and have fun, the next step is character quality, and that is directly dependent on texture and mesh quality, as well as customizing the same.

I know this was huge, and long, but ive opened a longer ticket as a suggestion in game, I have opened a forum just on this issue, and i have been reinstalling the game thinking maybe it was something on my end long enough to start complaining now. I have run a guild for a very long time, years and years I have listened to the reasons people quit playign different MMO's I know how to program and I know how to do graphic design, there is a reason i keep an account on second life just for gaming development, I have worked with the top 3d manufactuers, dif game systems, textures and mesh and polygon for over a decade (yes from its beginning when it was just sqaures even), I run two companies one of which is a microsoft, apple, oracle, ibm etc development partner, I use all the major gaming engines to develop with, this is not an uneducated post, nor is it just whining, nor is it coming from somebody that doesnt understand the complications and work that is involved, this is simple and basic and priority. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR FEMALE BASE AND WITH THEM MOST OF YOUR MALE BASE, IF YOU DO NOT DO SOME MAJOR WORK ON GRAPHICS WHEN A VIDEO GAME IS CONCERNED.

Give the girls what they want, character customization and detailed graphics, photorealism - and give the guys what they want, happy girls! And the relationship with your companies will last, just like any other relationship that lasts, its all about making the girls happy with character customization and appeal and detail - and its all about making the guys have fun shooting stuff, the storyline will keep it interesting and the voice acting sets a new standard. But if this graphics issue isnt fixed and soon, if these high res textures dont just look amazing and have very good detail, if the entire charcter system isnt ramped up to a new degree, we will be looking at many leaving and not renewing subscriptions, so please get this done, the simple fact this forum has pages added to it by the minute is proof, it is high priority.

..............FLAMERS AND TROLLS NOTICE..............

Thank you to those who have read, who did not decide to flame my post like happens so often to most posters, nothing here was personal in anyway to anybody else and only barely touched on disagreeing with some in any way, I am not just whining I am trying to make the game better. IF U INSIST ON FLAMING ME BECAUSE IT IS SO LONG< DONT READ IT, PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT CALLED FOR EITHER AND IF I MISPELLED SOMETHING OR DIDNT ORGANIZE IT GOOD ENOUGH IDC GET OVER IT, I just took an hour out of my day to try to make a game I pay for worth it and better and long lasting, if u cant understand that, then i have no reason to respond to you, if ur a troll, then u know ur a troll get over urself, whatever the attacks might be, whatever issues anybody has with what i have said, idc - this is my opinion and its a well informed very educated and experienced one, if you cant appreciate that, i cant appreciate anything ud have to say about it

............Because I hate ending things on a bad note......

It is not hard to add better textures, just use the original versions of the graphics. It i not hard to add photorealism to textures and it is not hard to increase polygon/mesh detail, all that has to be done is to allow it to be done and ship the extra data, idc if its 20 more gigs, infact id prefer it, idc if this game is 100 gigs, infact id prefer it if it meant better detail and my clothes didnt look furry and my face and body had some definition.

I do like the game alot, I PERSONALLY will not be stopping my subscription, you guys kind of gained my loyalty when you fixed my load screen hangs so i could play within a day or two of me reporting the issue and sending in my logs. BUT I CAN NOT GET SOME OF OUR FEMALE GUILD OFFICER WHO HAVE QUIT WOW OVER LACK OF CUSTOMIZATION AND QUALITY OF GRAPHICS TO PLAY THIS GAME UNLESS THE TEXTURE AND MESH DETAIL LEVEL IS AVAILABLE FOR HIGH END PERFORMANCE MACHINES. MOST PEOPLE I KNOW, SPEND THOUSANDS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS, AND YES THAT PROBABLY ISNT THE MAJORITY, BUT IT IS THOSE SAME PEOPLE THAT THE OTHERS LISTEN TO WHEN IT COMES TO TRYING OUT A NEW GAME OR WHICH TO INVEST SUBSCRIPTIONS IN. WHEN I ASK SOME OF OUR FEMALE OFFICERS WILL YOU BE PLAYING STARWARS, THEY HAVE RESPONDED WITH THE GRAPHICS ARENT ANY BETTER THEN WOW AND I CANT STAND THE INABILITY TO MAKE THE CHARACTER WHAT I WANT TO LOOK LIKE, AND IVE ALREADY QUIT WOW OVER IT.

PERFORMANCE SHOULD NOT LIMIT THE QUALITY< LET THE USER DECIDE THAT[/color], THE QUALITY OPTIONS SHULD EB THERE< THE BODY CUSTOMIZATIONS AND DETAIL SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IF YOUR MACHINE CAN HANDLE IT. THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD LIMIT A GAMES GRAPHICS QUALITY IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AT LEAST< SHOULD BE THE USERS CAPABILITY NOT THE GAME'S.

SO AS I SAID.. I will still be here, but i can't convince anybody else to play with me, and you have to do work to limit texture and mesh detail, it takes more work to limit mesh detail and optimize it then it does to use the high detailed mesh. It takes more work to optimize images then it does to use full resolution images, I can not see any reason for not allowing the original high resolution artwork b4 it is optimized into the game, simply say 'super quality graphics options may decrease performance and customer service wont be trying to help you run it on a 5 year old computer lol'

LOOK AT ATARI, LOOK AT SECOND LIFE, LOOK AT DAZ3D, LOOK AT RENDEROSITY, LOOK AT AUTODESK, LOOK AT THE INDUSTRY STANDARDS IN 3D, THEN LOOK AT OUR CHARACTERS

For customization, look at second life and look at Startrek. 4 body options? no body customization otherwise? thats preposterious even for a guy lol the only real character customization is in the face and that is very limited. ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ONLY AVAILABLE AND ATTAINABLE BUT STANDARD ON MOST GAMES, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NEXT GEN OF MMO's AND THESE CHARACTER GRAPHICS ARE EXTREMELY LACKING COMPARED TO GAMES 5 YEARS AGO, THE ENVIRONMENTS SEEM WELL DONE, THOUGH LACK OF HIGH TEXTURES IS HURTING THEM A BIT....

FOR THE LAST TIME I REPEAT. CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION AND MESH DEATIL AND TEXTURE RESOLUTION DECIDE A GAMES QUALITY, ESPECIALLY MMO WHOS MAIN EQUITY IS YOUR CHARACTER, playability and programming decide the games fun factor, but quality is determined by graphics level and character customization ability always has been always will be.

Let me pick my body shape and let me see the details of my character (because that is what i have to stare at when i play all the time every time, 99% of the time) and if you do not have photo realistic original artwork, fire your artists and buy some content from daz or renderosity lol they have been available for years.

If the game engine will not support it, change the game engine to do so, for real this is a multi-billion dollar project i am sure, so what is a little better coding?

Now back to trying to get Kira to talk to me (shes 10k /10k affection), and figuring out why my new learned 300+ level missions arent there anymore, and trying to find something cool to wear that i can keep that is modable, Kira really needs a 'casual ' white outfit too <how i wish my synthweaver could turn some of these cool, but furry (everything has burry, jagged edges even with 16x aa and super sampling and and and) white, green, blue level items into modable lol, so much work is put into items that you cant use a level or 2 later im almost laughing at the state of my texture and mesh detail.

End of Book 1 'Why is a video games texture and mesh level dependant on the average end user, when it doesnt have to be? The customer should be the one to decide just how far to push the details'

I love the game, I can't stand the quality, and I definitely can't convince any of the top end girl gamers i know to play it at this quality level.

ME PERSONALLY IS GUNNA GO KABOOM THE SEPS

And if you make me download another 100gigs of data to get some better mesh/textures, thank you, thank you, thank you its about time :p

OK TY FOR POSTING, as I was reinstalling literally and when the launcher updated I decided to check out the forums.

I was specifically reinstalling because i have not been able to get the high settings to work on textures, and yes graphics are a massive part of a video game. I mean come on thats common sense @ those argueing it doesnt matter.

I also had just opened a ticket on how low quality the graphics are, how character detail is just as important as an entire planet, and probably more so. How most female players I know literally quit MMO's because of lack of photorealism and the inability to even make your shirt cuffs show, much less just basic quality.

How after Starwars had set such high standards in special effects when it came out and how Bioware had set such high standards in gaming this game should reflect that.

How the failure of other mmo's not allowing charcter customization beyond basic gear and face killed them. How to this day people still literally go for the game that has the best textures and detail, the more photo realistic you can make it the better.

How modern gaming systems are not even being touched by the quality of this or any other mmo is. I run this game on high, on every setting on a machine that is over 5 years old without a problem.

I cant imagine what people with real gaming rigs must be thinking right now, when even i am going whoa, these graphics are terrible, i mean my charcter looks like everything he has on is furry, its so blurry.

Now yes i would like to see some realism, some photorealistic texture options, idc if i have to download another 100 gigs just for the texture packages ( i mean ive reinstalled twice just trying to get high to work), much less the fact they are supposedly already there. I went on about how we need not just high textures working, but extreme options as well, can even have disclaimers saying performance issues when using extreme graphics is not customer service suported etc.

BUT I have reinstalled this game twice now just over trying to get the high settings to work, because as i read on a different post if u installed after 1-4-12 it would work.

The simple fact any customer is reinstalling the game downloading 20 gigs again to try to fix a problem that is already known and has been known and wasnt fixed was swept under the rug is attrocious.

I am so glad i stopped to read the forums b4 i wiped the game yet again to try to install a version with working graphics.

AND to find out that on the test server they have changed it and dropped it completely, im appalled, calling the current medium texture set high, is absolutly to far.

A VIDEO GAME QUALITY IS BASED ON GRAPHICS, the game can be fun to play, but QUALITY IS BASED ON THE GRAPHICS, if i just want programming, i can play pacman.

The voice acting is amazing, i love it, i do not have a problem with the crafting skills, I enjoy the game it is fun, story line driven is amazing. BUT THE GRAPICS ARE TERRIBLE. I have opened forums on how it shouldn't be an issue to have a photorealistic girl in a bikini on a video game that starts you off killing people.

The simple taboo that this game seems to have about quality characters ie definition of the charcter i am playing and staring at for hours a day, is absurd.

No I do not want ****, but my goodness the females look like they are made of white out with grey censor bars going across them, and with every female i know basically basing whether or not they will play this game on charcter customization and detail level, you would think it was a huge importance. There was 4 options for body. THAT ALONE IS BEYOND MY ABILITY TO COMPREHEND FOR A GAME OF THIS MAGNATUDE AND HYPE.

I can not continue to go into all of the reasons for actually opening a ticket about this issue, but suffice it to say, a video game's quality has always been based on how good its graphics were. AND I can not understand in any fair discernment why im paying for a game with worse graphics then the games ten years ago had, the environment is nice for an mmo, but the characters are so poor compared to everything else in the game its mind boggling this wasnt fixed in the beta when it was reported, unless they are making every texture photorealistic like they could be, like the unrendered movies they have shown show, what they advertised..............

You knwo what... I have been extremly satisfied in how the devs have handled programming, BUT I am appalled at how the game itself is lacking in visual quality so I AM GETTING INTO THIS ON THIS POST ATLEAST, go to daz3d, check out just what is actually available in computer graphics, check out phoenix1966 work on renderosity, i am talking photo realistic, look at reby sky, look at victoria 5, look at so many other graphics capabilities then come look at your character in game, its like blocks and jagged edges and the sort. VIDEO GAME GRAPHICS SHOULD ONLY BE LIMITED TO COMPUTER CAPABILITY WITH POST 2010 TECHNOLOGY AND THE USER SHOULD DECIDE JUST HOW FAR TO PUSH THEM VS PERFORMANCE

The character graphics are attrocious for a game made after 2010.

The programing and voice acting itself is amazing, the playability is fun, the story lines are awesome. I even do like the crafting system and can easily see new items coming into play that can be crafted as good or better then rewards in other areas, stats are about the easiest thing to adjust on a item, that isnt an issue, most of the game is very good.

BUT WHAT DECIDES ITS QUALITY ARE ITS GRAPHICS. IE THE NAME VIDEO GAME. it means graphics game, it means how good your game is is directly contigent on how good your graphics are. We can do without some particles, to get some textures with some detail, some realism. Bioware and Starwars were known for setting new standards in this category, what happened? Even the options for video are lacking greatly (see a gret many other posts or look at options in games such as second life, startrek or wow or ... goes on and on lol )

The simple fact I was reinstalling the game again, just because i havent been able to get the graphics to work good, (ie no high setting, medium and high were the same and the textures themselves were horrible, secondlife has had better for a decade) is enough to tell you that data storage, net use and computer capability is not an issue.

I am so glad I found this post and found out the test server is doing away with the option all together calling medium high and not actually releasing high res textures. Because i literally was just about to reinstall yet again to try to fix this.

REGARDLESS of if this gets fixed, I cant see any reason even better graphics shouldnt be a priority, AND i am convinced most people are waiting to decide if they will continue playing this game, based on how good character graphics settings on high are. AND by not releasing it when the game launched, with it being known to be a problem in beta, i do feel like i have been falsly advertised to.

AND, I support this game and the work done so far, commend it, but as i said, THE GAMES QUALITY DEPENDS ON THE GAMES GRAPHICS.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION FOR A LONG TERM SUBSCRIPTION IS PARAMOUNT, PHOTO REALISTIC TEXTURES HAVE NOT ONLY BEEN AVAILABLE FOR OVER HALF A DECADE BUT ARE STANDARDS NOW FOR 3D.

If u guys want the female gamers to stick around and in so doing keeping the guys around, u need to fix the texture detail level, if ur stalling because of some censorship commitee u need to look at who is feeding u, ur subscribers and stop listening to some censor board. THIS ISNT A G RATED MADE FOR TELEVISION GENRE CATERING TO CHILDREN, THIS IS A SUBSCRIPTION BASED SOCIAL ROLE PLAYING GAME ON A MASSIVE SCALE WITH MORE ADULTS PLAYING IT THEN MOST OTHER TYPES OF VIDEO GAMES. IT IS THE ADULTS THAT KEEP LONG TERM SUBSCRIPTIONS ACTIVE, NOT CHILDREN, CHARACTER DETAIL AND TEXTURE QUALITY AND CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION ARE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE. ENVIRONMENT IS SECOND TO CHARACTER IN GAME WHERE YOUR EQUITY IS YOUR CHARACTER.

Now maybe alot of guys that just want a first person shooter will disagree, but i know very few females who do not care what they look like.

AND THERE IS A REASON FOR LADIES NIGHT AT THE BAR, IT DRAWS A CROWD. FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS THE WAY A PERSON LOOKS DIRECTLY AFFECTED THEIR SOCIABILITY.

IT IS NOT IN QUESTION WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS. WE WANT PHOTO REALISTIC GRAPHICS < THIS GAME ADVERTISED GREAT GRAPHICS< IT LOOKED GOOD ON THE PREVIEWS, WHY DO I LOOK LIKE A CARTOON NOW THAT I AM ACTUALLY PLAYING?

YES we need better textures if this game is going to continue, yes females will leave the game over this issue, yes many will leave if the problem is swept under the rug and you try to fool us with a high setting that is the same quality we have now. To be honest, the high res textures better look very, very attractive. THIS GREY CENSOR BAR ACROSS WHERE ALL OUR EYES GO, the one thing everybody has to stare at for hours, our clothing and the body of our character, need to be the most important issue, the game play is good enough, the QUALITY of the game is very poor, not in programming, that has been done very well and the bug fixes are coming in fast enough, in visual appeal. IE TEXTURE QUALITY AND POLYGON COUNT/MESH DETAIL

IF lucas and bioware want to keep all these subscribers, then rolling out extremely well made textures, photorealistic graphics and mesh detail for our characters need to be priority, it needs some serious charcter customization ability as well, even startrek released a couple of years ago has customizable body parts and dimensions and better textures. STARWARS and BIOWARE ARE EXPECTED TO KEEP THE STANDARDS THEY HAVE SET IN THE REST OF WHAT THEY DO

I do not want people leaving this game b4 it is even a month old, i love starwars, i love the idea of you guys making the next generation MMO, please stop going backwards, do not expect the community to get fooled by renaming the quality we all see and are almost offended by and stop listening to whoever is telling you that you cant show the form of a female or male. It has driven society for thousands of years and morality? We start off as a jedi that doesnt believe in killing, by killing everything and multiple of them and bonuses for doing so. DO NOT TELL ME A GIRL IN A BIKINI WITH HIGH DETAIL IS SO OFFENSIVE. I AM MURDERING PEOPLE FOR GOODNESS SAKE ON A DAILY BASIS, CALLING IT MORAL! COME ON LOL, TO NOT SHOW THE BODY IN EXTREME DETAIL WITH APPROPRIATE PARTS COVERED BUT STILL DETAILED, MUCH LESS THE FACE, ISNT JUST CALLED FOR BUT ALMOST AN ENTITLEMENT WITH WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.

BASICALLY EVERYBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON - GIRLS WANT TO BE ATTRACTIVE < GUYS WANT TO BE ATTRACTED. HECK EVEN THE GUYS WANT TO BE FAIRLY ATTRACTIVE AS WELL, YOU CAN MAKE IT ARTISTIC WITHOUT BEING OBSCENE, BUT NOT WITHOUT HIGH RES/MESH DETAIL

With such good graphics on everything else in the game i rarely get to see, the lack of high resolution textures and the lack of character definition is flat out an afront to my intellect. And tells me somebody is listening to the wrong people, maybe its some parental organization that thinks their kids dont see 5000 times more revealing and detailed human forms everyday on tv, maybe its some executive that thinks he is morally superior while making a video game that entails basically killing people for most of it, maybe its some organization or some higher up that decided we want to target children idk. BUT THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED

AND TBH MY KIRA WONT PROGRESS HER STORY BECAUSE I FLIRTED WITH HER AND THAT STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED< THAT IS BASIC STORY LINE AND COMPANION QUESTS WERE ADVERTISED AS PART OF THE GAME, SHES 10k/10k AFFECTION AND STILL WONT SPEAK TO ME!?? I AM ALMOST 50 AND I STILL CANT DO MY COMPANION STORY LINES. AND TO TOP IT OFF SHE LOOKS TERRIBLE, EXCEPT HER FACE (which is still smudgy)

Why isnt the actual game as advertised being made a priority? Texture quality and making the simple things like character advancement (companion story lines) work, should be the first thing fixed after being able to log in lol

PVP< OPS< CRAFTING <all of that is second to texture/mesh quality or character progression or even character customization.

THESE HIGH RES TEXTURES BETTER BE SOMETHING SPECIAL AFTER SO MUCH BALOGNIA EVEN GETTING THEM IN GAME- THE GAME WORKS GOOD ON EXTREMLY OUT DATED MACHINES< ITS TIME TO TARGET YOUR TOP END USERS THAT WILL DECIDE THIS GAMES FATE AND GET SOME PHOTOREALISM CAPABILTIES

MUCH LESS SOME BODY CUSTOMIZATION. YOU HAVE THE BASICS, IT WORKS ON OLD COMPUTERS, NOW FOCUS ON QUALITY. PERFORMANCE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET SOME DEPARTMENTS INCRESING CUSTOMIZATION AND MESH/TEXTURE QUALITY

TOP END GAMING SYSTEMS NEED TO BE THE TARGET< NEXT GENERATION PHOTO REALISM NEEDS TO BE THE TARGET.

AGAIN, the beta worked, now increase quality please, and i am so glad i didnt try to reinstall yet again to get this to work, if you do not release better textures and even start adding alot more character customization and graphcis packages like photo realism, it is going to be hard to justify continuing playing at lvl 50. EVERY THING END GAME IS EQUITY< BUT IF ITS NOT EVEN WORTH LOOKING AT< WHO CARES ABOUT HOW MUCH OF IT I HAVE. MMO EQUITY IS CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION, MMO QUALITY IS TEXTURE/MESH DETAIL

PROGRAMING HAS BEEN GOOD ENOUGH SINCE PACMAN, BUGS WILL GET WORKED OUT. If 99% of your customer base can log in and have fun, the next step is character quality, and that is directly dependent on texture and mesh quality, as well as customizing the same.

I know this was huge, and long, but ive opened a longer ticket as a suggestion in game, I have opened a forum just on this issue, and i have been reinstalling the game thinking maybe it was something on my end long enough to start complaining now. I have run a guild for a very long time, years and years I have listened to the reasons people quit playign different MMO's I know how to program and I know how to do graphic design, there is a reason i keep an account on second life just for gaming development, I have worked with the top 3d manufactuers, dif game systems, textures and mesh and polygon for over a decade (yes from its beginning when it was just sqaures even), I run two companies one of which is a microsoft, apple, oracle, ibm etc development partner, I use all the major gaming engines to develop with, this is not an uneducated post, nor is it just whining, nor is it coming from somebody that doesnt understand the complications and work that is involved, this is simple and basic and priority. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR FEMALE BASE AND WITH THEM MOST OF YOUR MALE BASE, IF YOU DO NOT DO SOME MAJOR WORK ON GRAPHICS WHEN A VIDEO GAME IS CONCERNED.

Give the girls what they want, character customization and detailed graphics, photorealism - and give the guys what they want, happy girls! And the relationship with your companies will last, just like any other relationship that lasts, its all about making the girls happy with character customization and appeal and detail - and its all about making the guys have fun shooting stuff, the storyline will keep it interesting and the voice acting sets a new standard. But if this graphics issue isnt fixed and soon, if these high res textures dont just look amazing and have very good detail, if the entire charcter system isnt ramped up to a new degree, we will be looking at many leaving and not renewing subscriptions, so please get this done, the simple fact this forum has pages added to it by the minute is proof, it is high priority.

..............FLAMERS AND TROLLS NOTICE..............

Thank you to those who have read, who did not decide to flame my post like happens so often to most posters, nothing here was personal in anyway to anybody else and only barely touched on disagreeing with some in any way, I am not just whining I am trying to make the game better. IF U INSIST ON FLAMING ME BECAUSE IT IS SO LONG< DONT READ IT, PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT CALLED FOR EITHER AND IF I MISPELLED SOMETHING OR DIDNT ORGANIZE IT GOOD ENOUGH IDC GET OVER IT, I just took an hour out of my day to try to make a game I pay for worth it and better and long lasting, if u cant understand that, then i have no reason to respond to you, if ur a troll, then u know ur a troll get over urself, whatever the attacks might be, whatever issues anybody has with what i have said, idc - this is my opinion and its a well informed very educated and experienced one, if you cant appreciate that, i cant appreciate anything ud have to say about it

............Because I hate ending things on a bad note......

It is not hard to add better textures, just use the original versions of the graphics. It i not hard to add photorealism to textures and it is not hard to increase polygon/mesh detail, all that has to be done is to allow it to be done and ship the extra data, idc if its 20 more gigs, infact id prefer it, idc if this game is 100 gigs, infact id prefer it if it meant better detail and my clothes didnt look furry and my face and body had some definition.

I do like the game alot, I PERSONALLY will not be stopping my subscription, you guys kind of gained my loyalty when you fixed my load screen hangs so i could play within a day or two of me reporting the issue and sending in my logs. BUT I CAN NOT GET SOME OF OUR FEMALE GUILD OFFICER WHO HAVE QUIT WOW OVER LACK OF CUSTOMIZATION AND QUALITY OF GRAPHICS TO PLAY THIS GAME UNLESS THE TEXTURE AND MESH DETAIL LEVEL IS AVAILABLE FOR HIGH END PERFORMANCE MACHINES. MOST PEOPLE I KNOW, SPEND THOUSANDS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS, AND YES THAT PROBABLY ISNT THE MAJORITY, BUT IT IS THOSE SAME PEOPLE THAT THE OTHERS LISTEN TO WHEN IT COMES TO TRYING OUT A NEW GAME OR WHICH TO INVEST SUBSCRIPTIONS IN. WHEN I ASK SOME OF OUR FEMALE OFFICERS WILL YOU BE PLAYING STARWARS, THEY HAVE RESPONDED WITH THE GRAPHICS ARENT ANY BETTER THEN WOW AND I CANT STAND THE INABILITY TO MAKE THE CHARACTER WHAT I WANT TO LOOK LIKE, AND IVE ALREADY QUIT WOW OVER IT.

PERFORMANCE SHOULD NOT LIMIT THE QUALITY< LET THE USER DECIDE THAT[/color], THE QUALITY OPTIONS SHULD EB THERE< THE BODY CUSTOMIZATIONS AND DETAIL SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IF YOUR MACHINE CAN HANDLE IT. THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD LIMIT A GAMES GRAPHICS QUALITY IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AT LEAST< SHOULD BE THE USERS CAPABILITY NOT THE GAME'S.

SO AS I SAID.. I will still be here, but i can't convince anybody else to play with me, and you have to do work to limit texture and mesh detail, it takes more work to limit mesh detail and optimize it then it does to use the high detailed mesh. It takes more work to optimize images then it does to use full resolution images, I can not see any reason for not allowing the original high resolution artwork b4 it is optimized into the game, simply say 'super quality graphics options may decrease performance and customer service wont be trying to help you run it on a 5 year old computer lol'

LOOK AT ATARI, LOOK AT SECOND LIFE, LOOK AT DAZ3D, LOOK AT RENDEROSITY, LOOK AT AUTODESK, LOOK AT THE INDUSTRY STANDARDS IN 3D, THEN LOOK AT OUR CHARACTERS

For customization, look at second life and look at Startrek. 4 body options? no body customization otherwise? thats preposterious even for a guy lol the only real character customization is in the face and that is very limited. ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ONLY AVAILABLE AND ATTAINABLE BUT STANDARD ON MOST GAMES, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NEXT GEN OF MMO's AND THESE CHARACTER GRAPHICS ARE EXTREMELY LACKING COMPARED TO GAMES 5 YEARS AGO, THE ENVIRONMENTS SEEM WELL DONE, THOUGH LACK OF HIGH TEXTURES IS HURTING THEM A BIT....

FOR THE LAST TIME I REPEAT. CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION AND MESH DEATIL AND TEXTURE RESOLUTION DECIDE A GAMES QUALITY, ESPECIALLY MMO WHOS MAIN EQUITY IS YOUR CHARACTER, playability and programming decide the games fun factor, but quality is determined by graphics level and character customization ability always has been always will be.

Let me pick my body shape and let me see the details of my character (because that is what i have to stare at when i play all the time every time, 99% of the time) and if you do not have photo realistic original artwork, fire your artists and buy some content from daz or renderosity lol they have been available for years.

If the game engine will not support it, change the game engine to do so, for real this is a multi-billion dollar project i am sure, so what is a little better coding?

Now back to trying to get Kira to talk to me (shes 10k /10k affection), and figuring out why my new learned 300+ level missions arent there anymore, and trying to find something cool to wear that i can keep that is modable, Kira really needs a 'casual ' white outfit too <how i wish my synthweaver could turn some of these cool, but furry (everything has burry, jagged edges even with 16x aa and super sampling and and and) white, green, blue level items into modable lol, so much work is put into items that you cant use a level or 2 later im almost laughing at the state of my texture and mesh detail.

End of Book 1 'Why is a video games texture and mesh level dependant on the average end user, when it doesnt have to be? The customer should be the one to decide just how far to push the details'

I love the game, I can't stand the quality, and I definitely can't convince any of the top end girl gamers i know to play it at this quality level.

ME PERSONALLY IS GUNNA GO KABOOM THE SEPS

And if you make me download another 100gigs of data to get some better mesh/textures, thank you, thank you, thank you its about time :p

TLDR version: Textures is broke, I want high-res textures.

Ok, if this has not been clear to you: I do have high resolution textures in game since I changed this setting, so this has been a good workaround for me (and some others). No need to shout at me for providing a solution. I can post a screenshot for you, but I am currently at work, and it's not worth getting fired over.

Take a screenshot of your game, with you away from conversation/holoterminal, and zoomed relatively close to your character.

You'll have to forgive the tone of myself and others in here, but every single person that says they have high rez working either won't post a screenshot, or will post a screenshot and then prove themselves wrong in the process.

Complete speculation, but my guess is that they've run into some serious performance issues even on very good PCs with multiple models being drawn on screen using the highres textures. This would go some way to explaining why you can see them at character select and during cutscenes as these are both controlled environments.

HeroEngine has not been used on any released games other than SWTOR, so we have no real idea of its performance metrics. The fault could lie anywhere from the engine itself to the textures themselves or any number of places in between.

My guess would be their PR guys are trying to put a decent spin on "sorry but it doesn't work, maybe we'll get it to happen at some point".

Take a screenshot of your game, with you away from conversation/holoterminal, and zoomed relatively close to your character.

You'll have to forgive the tone of myself and others in here, but every single person that says they have high rez working either won't post a screenshot, or will post a screenshot and then prove themselves wrong in the process.

This. Until we see a screenshot we simply won't believe you because this theory has been disproven over and over and over again. Take a zoomed in screenshot of your character standing next to the holoterminal on your ship. The click the holoterminal and take a second screen shot right as the lighting/texture shift takes place. Let us see those screenshots. If you have high textures in BOTH of them, then we'll believe that somehow you are a special snowflake that got access to some super secret version of the game client none of the rest of us have.

Intriguing - but textures alone wouldn't result in such a spike. I suspect the improved lighting, etc is the cause of it. Textures alone wouldn't result in something like this.

Correct! Its the Depth of Field Blur in convos that causes this. The hires textures in freemode will NOT have ANY impact on GPU utilisation whatsoever. Textures are held in the video RAM. All I hear about performance drops has to do with polygon and shader computations NOT textures. There is no excuse. It's a bug-it's need to be fixed ASAP. Period.

You know, it's difficult to find someone with as much pride in their game, or hobby, or job to where they write a guide, or something relevant to whatever it is they are interested in. It's hard enough to get help often times, and wade through the ridiculous amount of troll-esque replies. Even now, someone feels the need to quote your post, and sum it up with sarcasm.

You sir have honestly won my utmost respect for your post, and doing so in such great character. Forums are a place where some of the most unintelligent, poorly-raised, snobby brats come to tickle their pleasure node by being themselves. You taking the time to write out such a well put together, and respectful post, despite knowing the majority of the audience is what i described, is outstanding.

This game would be a far better place if there was more emphasis on conducting ourselves in a manner similar to yourself. So hats off to you, and may the force be with you.

ps. It would be an honor to play with the likes of your kind, what server are you on?

Im just going to leave this here since you dont know what you are talking about

http://www.vgchartz.com/milestones.php?reg=World&cons=&milestone=20

Super Mario Bros. came out for the NES in 1985. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) is a new game on current generation hardware.

Your own chart proves my point. The top 10 list on the right shows a 100% rate of brand new, current generation games. I don't see any older software--regardless of how amazing it once was--on any list on this link you've provided.