See a lot of complaints about load times..

dlogan

same for me...

got 16 gb ram and nearly zero loading times...

most complaints are just weak PCs

The problem is with the game/engine. Full on gaming rigs just brute force their way through.

I know a lot of people running close to Required/Reccomended spec and they have serious issues.

Shouldn't the required spec when buying the game advise you to have say 8GB ram instead of 2GB.

So if you have the money/time/expertise required to upgrade your machine, no problem but I understand why the more casual gamer or less rich gamer could be quite Pee'd off with this.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were perfectly content with it you wouldn't be defending it like a religious zealot.

Post purchase rationalization, buyer's remorse, etc.

I'm not defending it like a religious zealot. I'm just not going to let you sit here and insult me personally everything we have been talking about since about the second post you made has been a personal attack on me and me replying to it. How does that equate to defending the game? Oh, right it doesn't.

I do need some hardware upgrades but when I compare the loading times in this game to other current MMO's I get the feeling it's not just my rig. For example, I can load any area in Rift within 5-15 secs but in SW I wait between 30 secs up to 2 mins. Also, there are way too many load screens when traveling which just amplifies the issue.

The longer I play the worse it gets so I'm thinking there's a massive memory leak. My entire machine starts to bog down after a couple of hours play. This doesn't happen to me with ANY other MMO(some with much better and more demanding graphics).

All my other games, MMO's included I can play on max graphics and leave my computer on for days. Not this game, though. If i leave it on for more than 6 hrs even something as trivial like browsing the web becomes slow.

:confused:

Edited by Octacvian

actually, it used to take about 10s to load. now I wait around 30s. So yes, call me spoiled, but I don't build expensive gaming rigs to run sub-performance games.

I don't think that you're spoiled. I just find it weird that load times take that long in a pc that presumeably has the game installed on ssd's.

I've got it installed on a 1tb WD black and my load times are never longer than 10 secs.

I'm not defending it like a religious zealot. I'm just not going to let you sit here and insult me personally everything we have been talking about since about the second post you made has been a personal attack on me and me replying to it. How does that equate to defending the game? Oh, right it doesn't.

I haven't insulted you a single time. Merely stating facts.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, you're the only one saying people complain about LOADING TIMES.

The general consensus seems to be that the problem is the AMOUNT of loading screens. If you weren't so blinded by whatever reason you have to defend this game so much you would've read that most of the responses in this thread, not written by me or you, have been correcting YOU saying that the problem isn't the TIME but the amount.

Just stop, seriously. Maybe take the time to read the major problems next time instead of just assuming and then making a useless thread on the forum telling people to stop ************ while being one yourself.

It takes 5 seconds to load when i first launch the game, then after 3 hours of playing it takes about 40 seconds to 60 seconds to load.

This is the same load screen, at the fleet. Not like id throw loading different zones out there, that'd just discredit me.

How is this explained?

Edited by darthbored

I haven't insulted you a single time. Merely stating facts.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, you're the only one saying people complain about LOADING TIMES.

The general consensus seems to be that the problem is the AMOUNT of loading screens. If you weren't so blinded by whatever reason you have to defend this game so much you would've read that most of the responses in this thread, not written by me or you, have been correcting YOU saying that the problem isn't the TIME but the amount.

Just stop, seriously. Maybe take the time to read the major problems next time instead of just assuming and then making a useless thread on the forum telling people to stop ************ while being one yourself.

You have insulted me several times. You have insulted my intelligence many times. You have equated me to a religious zealot etc.. Like I said before I have seen complaints about load times and do not deny anything about people complaining about the amount of load screens.

Edited by dlogan

It takes 5 seconds to load when i first launch the game, then after 3 hours of playing it takes about 40 seconds to 60 seconds to load.

This is the same load screen, at the fleet. Not like id throw loading different zones out there, that'd just discredit me.

How is this explained?

He's just going to claim you have a bad computer when issues such as memory leaks have been CONFIRMED by bioware.

Next thing you know he'll start saying that there's also no such thing as a combat delay (which has also been confirmed by bioware).

He's just going to claim you have a bad computer when issues such as memory leaks have been CONFIRMED by bioware.

Next thing you know he'll start saying that there's also no such thing as a combat delay (which has also been confirmed by bioware).

No, there absolutely is combat delay. I play a jugg as stated before so trust me I know all about it in pvp etc... It sucks...a lot.

No, there absolutely is combat delay. I play a jugg as stated before so trust me I know all about it in pvp etc... It sucks...a lot.

At least you can admit to something. Can you admit that issues such as memory leaks DO exist in this game and they DO cause massive load times?

Bear in mind bioware has confirmed this, and one of the biggest places where this happened was taris, going as far as to crash the game for multiple people (which I believe is the only reason why they tried to fix it).

As I've stated before, my main problem, as I've not been plagued by long load TIMES is the amount of load screens and empty, useless areas.

At least you can admit to something. Can you admit that issues such as memory leaks DO exist in this game and they DO cause massive load times?

Bear in mind bioware has confirmed this, and one of the biggest places where this happened was taris, going as far as to crash the game for multiple people (which I believe is the only reason why they tried to fix it).

As I've stated before, my main problem, as I've not been plagued by long load TIMES is the amount of load screens and empty, useless areas.

If Bioware has confirmed it then it is true. I never denied the existence of memory leaks. I know guild mates who had massive issues on Taris. I was lucky enough not to encounter them. Well that is your problem yes but not what this thread is about. I also hate how you have to go through an "orbital station" before going to a planet. But, I was addressing the load times.

The problem is with the game/engine. Full on gaming rigs just brute force their way through.

I know a lot of people running close to Required/Reccomended spec and they have serious issues.

Shouldn't the required spec when buying the game advise you to have say 8GB ram instead of 2GB.

So if you have the money/time/expertise required to upgrade your machine, no problem but I understand why the more casual gamer or less rich gamer could be quite Pee'd off with this.

If he is running on a dual core with 2-4GB of memory and an OK processor he is going to have problems. That's a fact. I know this because I just went from an OK dual-core to a nice quad-core and also upgraded my memory and motherboard.

The minimum requirements are the bare bones minumum to play the game (assuming most of the graphic settings are all the way down or close).

If he wants to run the game well with good graphics he needs to be far beyond that minumum, bar bones mark.

I havea a fracking SSD drive for this game and the load times are still horrible. I can not imagine how long they are for people with regular HDDs.

There are several people who have responded to the thread without SSDs including myself who have fast load times.

I've also noticed when I close the game out it hangs for up to a minute. That has to be the result of a memory leak?

Not sure what the issue is but I have had the game hang on exit before, although since I switched RAM I haven't had the issue.

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHZ

GTX 560ti

8gb RAM.

I don't need to upgrade my computer, I need the game to not have a freaking loading screen every time I try to tab back in. I need the game to not make me go through 3 empty places JUST TO CHANGE PLANETS.

The problem most people have with the loadscreens is not their duration, but the amount of times that they actually pop up.

Example:

I'm on the republic / imperial fleet. I want to take my ship to some other planet. Nothing wrong so far right?

Here's what I have to do:

I interact with the door to the hangars (1 loading screen) which teleports me to the inside of an empty hangar that only has my ship and a couple of useless placeholder NPCs. I interact with the door on my ship (another loading screen) to get into my ship. I interact with the galaxy map and pick my planet (third loading screen). I arrive at the planet after 2 cutscenes and I have to walk out of my ship (4th) walk out of the hangar (5th) AND THEN I'M ON THE PLANET.

What a painless fluid journey. :)

But then again, just what IS fluid in this game?

just set the game to fullscreen windowed mode it is the samething as fullscreen without the splash when you tab back in.

The point I'm making is that your argument is invalid.

Hardware is one, os is two. Clean that thing. Guy is right and ignorance is not gonna get you nowhere.

Set aside. Did you check your ram for errors? Does you MB allow that kind of bandwidth? What's your CPU throttling? Mb having issues with ssd?

Just cause you got a decent rig by specs it does not mean its good.

Some people really need to learn how to handle stuff they have.

Edited by LordSatoh

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHZ

GTX 560ti

8gb RAM.

I don't need to upgrade my computer, I need the game to not have a freaking loading screen every time I try to tab back in. I need the game to not make me go through 3 empty places JUST TO CHANGE PLANETS.

The problem most people have with the loadscreens is not their duration, but the amount of times that they actually pop up.

Example:

I'm on the republic / imperial fleet. I want to take my ship to some other planet. Nothing wrong so far right?

I interact with the door to the hangars (1 loading screen) which teleports me to the inside of an empty hangar that only has my ship and a couple of useless placeholder NPCs. I interact with the door on my ship (another loading screen) to get into my ship. I interact with the galaxy map and pick my planet (third loading screen). I arrive at the planet after 2 cutscenes and I have to walk out of my ship (4th) walk out of the hangar (5th) AND THEN I'M ON THE PLANET.

You like where when playing a game you want skip straight to the end of it, and skip all the useless crap in between right?

a example get up off the sofa, and magically be outside your house and hand in mailbox, to get your mail, and then maybe be magically popped back on your sofa, or maybe you like skip that steps to and just poof you got mail delievered stright in your brain as someone sends it. People want to much instant crap, why do I got go through 3 rooms to get to fridge, why not knock down all the other walls, and get rope and drag fridge right next to me

Edited by Abomin

I don't think that you're spoiled. I just find it weird that load times take that long in a pc that presumeably has the game installed on ssd's.

I've got it installed on a 1tb WD black and my load times are never longer than 10 secs.

It really only happens when I'm entering different worlds. Alt+Tab screens and such have no problems.

Edited by Bob-ombaFett

Hardware is one, os is two. Clean that thing. Guy is right and ignorance is not gonna get you nowhere.

Set aside. Did you check your ram for errors? Does you MB allow that kind of bandwidth? What's your CPU throttling? Mb having issues with ssd?

Just cause you got a decent rig by specs it does not mean its good.

Some people really need to learn how to handle stuff they have.

Sorry I didn't make it clear earlier, but I've worked in the PC repair field for 4+ years now, building my own PCs for 8 years.

Here's an idea upgrade the speed of your RAM and HDD. My load times were a little long so i bought some new memory for 40 bucks with faster mhz and they improved drastically. It's your machine not the game that your load times suck. Plus a lot of the time you don't even have to go to a load screen only when changing major zones. For example whenever you use elevators etc... no load screen. Now all I gotta do is wait for the people to come into this thread saying how they play BF3 ultra everything blah blah blah. Get rid of your low speed ram and low speed data transfer rate HDDs.

p.s. this game is awesome and I have a level 50 Jugg 4/5 on HM EV. So don't come in here telling me to get off Korriban.

Really? So your PC is faster than my $3k+ PC loaded with SSDs and loads everything in 5-7secs? With the kind of PC I have I still can't get that "5-7secs" for load times. Even the fanboys has to agree here that this dude is the biggest liar in the history of mankind. Good job.

Edited by Volksworgen

i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5GHZ

GTX 560ti

8gb RAM.

Example:

I agree... Either the hangars will find a future use of some kind or they are just proof or poor game design...

Op be trollin

SSD here

15~~mhz 8g ram

Longass load times

(and yes i can hear muself jumping while the load screens up lolz)

But to be fair, before that load screen we were seeing blak and untexrured worlds while the game was reloadib everything. Pardon my phone typibg