About to quit because of this stupid pvp gearing system

Nordia

Are you *********** kidding me?

How is mindlessly grinding the same thing over and over to prolong your subscription an acceptable part of ANY gaming experience?

Keep advocating capitalist **** fanboy

Really? Have you not played virtually -ANY- large scale MMO in the last decade? This is pretty much the exact MO of virtually every modern MMO.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you *********** kidding me?

How is mindlessly grinding the same thing over and over to prolong your subscription an acceptable part of ANY gaming experience?

Keep advocating capitalist **** fanboy

Seriously? Just quit trying man lol... can't beelive you even pushed "submit reply"

Well, I'm Valor 55 and have Champion Offhand, Implant and Helm. So complaining to me would get you zero sympathy.

At the same time, I'm not going to quit over it. If I was going to quit over a PvP issue it'd be the fact people are rarely ever where it shows... Such as when I force pull someone they flicker to me for half a second, reappear where they were, then back to me (or rather back to where they have now run to). Or knocking people back they often vanish entirely for a few seconds, trying to do Shadow Strikes from directly behind says "You must be facing your target" etc..... or Alderaan WZ just now I was stood at a point getting Force Lightning'd be someone who after I did a knockback seemed to be completely invisible, no nameplate or anything... just lightning coming out of thin air.

Gearing is one of the lowest possible PvP concerns as far as I see it.

They should have simply had a blue con lvl 50 gear on the pvp armor vendor which you can buy with warzone commendations with expertise on it. Everyone could buy that in a couple of days of hitting 50 while they wait for the drops from the bags. This would prevent the gear gap from new 50s and the old 50s from getting too extreme.

They should have simply had a blue con lvl 50 gear on the pvp armor vendor which you can buy with warzone commendations with expertise on it. Everyone could buy that in a couple of days of hitting 50 while they wait for the drops from the bags. This would prevent the gear gap from new 50s and the old 50s from getting too extreme.

Imagine that. And it was. And removed. Yay balance!

It's so easy to gear up I just don't see this as a problem. It's frustrating when I pvp'd to level 50 and there for feel I should have more pvp gear than most.. But hey, RNG happened. Nothing new in an MMO and I as a result of the pvp I'll be battlemaster in no time.

People need to stop expecting things to be handed out on a silver platter. Work for your rewards.

It's so easy to gear up I just don't see this as a problem. It's frustrating when I pvp'd to level 50 and there for feel I should have more pvp gear than most.. But hey, RNG happened. Nothing new in an MMO and I as a result of the pvp I'll be battlemaster in no time.

People need to stop expecting things to be handed out on a silver platter. Work for your rewards.

Maybe its easy for a no-lifer that can afford to play 10-15h a day....

If im correct, champ bags gives you 1-3 centurion commendations, lets say we are ubber lucky and we get 3 commendations on every bag we loot, that makes : around ~65k warzone commendations to get 245 centurion commendations that allows you to get the worst, tier 1 pvp gear and not the whole one 245 is just for the body-set [head, hands, waists, wrists, chest, legs, boots].

Lets say we get around mediocore warzone commendations every WZ we do, lets say it will be 80 commendations each WZ done.

1 WZ is around 10-15min [hutball for example is 15 mins] so it makes = ~205 hours...

205 hours of boring, repeatable WZ just to get TIER 1 set and as i said not the full one....

Unless they change the price on centurion set - this will be the game part for pure no-lifers [im a typical player, i have a job, familly, friends and real life - and i do not see as enjoyable and funny to do such mindless hard-grind for just incomplete tier1 set....]

@TechMaestro

The simple solution to make PVP gear system more user friendly is to make centurion gear cost just warzone commendations - lets say 300 WZ per piece. Or make it obtainable for pure credits only. This way casual people could get their PVP gear quite easly and compete with others - in the end PVP should be about skill not about the fact who can play 2h a day and who can do it 15h a day.....

Same goes for champion bags and random drops... those bags should drop only the item we didnt droped so far, for example if i already looted the torso i wont get another one, the auto-script should block it.

I have no idea why BW made such big talks about PVP in TOR being the matter of players skills - for now its the matter who can afford to no-life-grind the PVP gear and who prefer to do other things than just gaming all the time in their life....

Edited by Duaragon

not many people will whine about not getting their champ gear.

No they will whine about not getting their battlemaster gear then. Roll on the patch so it can stop.

The champion system could still do with fixing as people in hand picked battlemaster gear will be destroying those in random champion gear.

Edited by da_krall

Unless they change the price on centurion set - this will be the game part for pure no-lifers [im a typical player, i have a job, familly, friends and real life - and i do not see as enjoyable and funny to do such mindless hard-grind for just incomplete tier1 set....]

You have a life? I'm jelly. I got my gear? You're obviously jelly. It saddens me that casual gamers have gotten their way so many times in the past, dragging an mmo down to levels they can handle. Why shouldn't they cater to the crowd that spends far more time actually playing and embracing the systems they have in place? I for one don't want to see another easy mode MMO where the best of everything comes with little effort. What's left? Milking the game for every last bit of entertainment you can, rerolling till you get tired of doing so and moving on to a game that has YET to be dismantled by casuals. I find it amazing you folks whine so much about the amount of time you have to spend to get anywhere while you waste time on the forums...

You have a life? I'm jelly. I got my gear? You're obviously jelly. It saddens me that casual gamers have gotten their way so many times in the past, dragging an mmo down to levels they can handle. Why shouldn't they cater to the crowd that spends far more time actually playing and embracing the systems they have in place? I for one don't want to see another easy mode MMO where the best of everything comes with little effort. What's left? Milking the game for every last bit of entertainment you can, rerolling till you get tired of doing so and moving on to a game that has YET to be dismantled by casuals. I find it amazing you folks whine so much about the amount of time you have to spend to get anywhere while you waste time on the forums...

And you do not find that getting tier 1 gear is far more harder [and more time heavy] than tier 2 ?

I have almost full tier 2 champion adn i dont have even the half points to get the tier 1 armor, isnt it wrong ?

Think it ower chief and learn to read with understanding.

And yes for me PVP should be about skills [if it were to me i would give PVP specific gear tier3 to any lvl 50 player instantly to balance it with 100%, everybody in the same equal state fighting eachother]

But who am i... in the end i have real life instead of virtual one right... why do people are more stupid every day ....

Saw a Valor rank 43 Mara with full champ armor, champ sabers and mostly champ side pieces with cent filling the blanks.

I'm 52 and still have yet to see any armor or weapons. It makes me nauseous.

Champ gear should have Valor level 50 required, Battlemaster stay at 60. Just stupid...

I agree with all you said about the **** luck system.

I opened 18 bags in a row, and nothing a single piece.

I'm rank 60 now, and my gear is worse than a lot of rank 30 less.

3/5 Champ items and no weapons.

Oh. I have 9 relics btw.

I've never understood the mentality that play video games(MMOs especially) soley for the gear they accumulate. Admittedly, I'm in the minority I know.

Imo, all the people like this already lost...:rolleyes:

I mean do what you like, but 10hrs a day for a minor stat boost(as long as you have the entry lvl expertise gear) by playing a warzone that feels like "work" to you seems a little crazy.

If your biggest problem in life is that you're unlucky on Champ gear rolls, you're doin okay.

I've opened close to 40 pvp bags now and here is what I've gotten:

1 chest token

1 implant token

3 BRACER TOKENS

3 BELT TOKENS

5 RELIC TOKENS

What the hell is this? Who's idea was it to make loot random and having you able to get tokens you already have? I'd rather get nothing then get the same *********** token I got before not to mention it being the most *********** useless token, the relic token since you people can't seem to balance your relics. **** you. I should get what I deserve. I've been 50 for two weeks why the **** are people who hit 50 three days ago already in 5/5?

Fix your *********** system right now. NO duplicate tokens, up the drop rate from the bags. DO *********** SOMETHING THIS IS RIDICULOUS I FEEL LIKE I LOG ON TO DO DAILIES JUST SO I CAN GET TROLLED BY YOU *******

I've been 50 for 8 days and am Rank 42; I have 9/12 Champion with 3 Centurion and Class Relic/Artifice Relic. In addition, Xalek (my pet) has 1 piece of Champion and the Double-Bladed Lightsaber...

Some would likely consider this lucky, but out of an estimated 35 bags I have received 11 tokens to turn in for a Champ reward, putting my redemption rate around 30-31%. As a previous poster cleverly added, you can take the mods out of the gear if you get duplicates and use them on some of your sub-par pieces...

3 people I play with on a regular basis have had similar redemption rates and 1 guy I play with has had some "bad luck" I guess; he has 4 pieces of Champ, however he is much lower rank than us and regularly skips doing the daily quests for the additional bags apart from the commendation grind. My sneaking suspicion is that the majority of the people who complain about the RNG on the bags are the people who PvP very casually, get a bag once a day, and are extremely disappointed that the days' bounty is 3 Cent commendations...

Edited by Kaboomslang

So since you didn't get full epics in a week, the system is stupid...

k.

Even with badluck commendations will get you all your gear eventually.

Whats the issue=/

No, the system is stupid because SOME people played 1 week at lvl 50 and GOT full epics.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE FULL PVP or PVE EPICS THIS EARLY. Broken system is broken.

God forbid this game actually present a challenge somewhere. I too have gotten duplicates (boots and relics). You know what? I got over it, and queued up for more warzones instead of crying about it. Game has been out 3-4 weeks now. Keep working at it.

The rampant QQ on the PvP forums is getting out of control, and I remain completely unsympathetic.

How is RNG challenge exactly?

Relying on RNG is beyond stupid. Go for Centurion gear, while leveling up your Valor to get Battlemaster gear. Be pleasantly surprised when you get a champion token, but don't expect it. It doesn't take THAT long to get to valor 60 in the grand scheme of this game's life.

There you have it. Problem solved. Now you have a challenge - get centurion commendations and level your valor up.