Can someone explain to me when Devs decided commendation gear should be Best in slot

deserttfoxx

Like this:

Best gear should come from raid boss

The second best gear should come from raid commendations

the third best gear should come from crafting

comments?

I don't think thats the problem at all.

Like this:

Best gear for some slots for some classes should come from some raid bosses

Best gear for some other slots for some other classes should come from some other bosses

The second and third best gear for a some slots for some classes should come from commendations and crafting.

All gear should be visually distinct from each other not only in color, but also in style, fabric/material and 3Dmodel.

Some very special or very situational mods and tools should come from crafting only. (a little like the resistance gear in WoW, though not that bland)

Edited by Khayrim_Carncell

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this:

Best gear should come from raid boss

The second best gear should come from raid commendations

the third best gear should come from crafting

comments?

Best gear should come from crafting addons for raid boss gear.

Second best gear should be raid boss without crafted addons.

Otherwise, remove all crafting except for making stupid re-skinned speeders and med packs.

When did we remove the need to farm bosses and instances

When they got smart, no sane person likes infinitely repeating content, if you do, you can still *********** do it.

you guys have removed the whole reason raiders started to raid in the first place, the loot.

So... PvE is boring but shinies are cool? I'll never understand that.

but the mystery surrounding it.

Thottbot and all those wikis make it indeed very mysterious.

All of these by the way, LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, there is no visual difference between rakata, tionese and columni gear beyond color.

This part I agree, kind of a letdown on the pvp gear, haven't seem how the pve looks.

There are no random drops, there are no special epics, you cant find malgus leggings, or Soa the infernal ones helmet or anything like that.

Why in the blazes of hell would anyone wear Malgus leggings lol? Jedi don't go around wearing sith artifacts. This is not wow and the story is (I hope) not going to be butchered to make up for stupid items.

Bioware you need to go in and add unique loot tables to all these flashpoints, gear that only drops in these zones that are better thent eh commendation vendors, as they should be, you are farming these bosses, they should drop gear that is unique only to them, stop trying to change the raiding mold. With the current system, technically you never have to do eternity vault on normal or hard, you can get full columni in hard modes and jump right to the nightmare difficulty. There is no progression, no sense of accomplishment, and no sense of pride that comes from having a full set of hard earned raid epics. Bioware you missed capturing this feel, and you need to rethink the current system.

They'll just make the commendation gear more versatile in appearance eventually, now stop complaining and go pvp or something. You should be glad we don't have to repeat content over and over and over again, fights that go the same way, to be able to progress. At least not repeat as much that is.

Agree with you 100%, their entire vision of loot and gear in this game is hosed. While you're leveling, equipping a full orange suit at level 10 (light armor social) and popping mods in it, is better than any gear you are going to find the entire time you're leveling. This takes away the incentive behind loot completely, and absolutely destroys one of the main reasons people get hooked into games like these.

There is a serious, fundamental, miss-understanding of some of the psychological hooks that are needed for games like these.

The entire loot/crafting system is a complete debacle. The only reason that it's not more complained about, is because a large number of the player base haven't figured out what's actually going on yet.

Firstly: Game Mechanics should never be sacrificed for "Story".

Secondly, OP is correct. Gear system is a complete joke.

PvP Gear takes far less time to gather than PvE gear and is better than drops from Hardmode Flashpoints, making them completely worthless (having done them while levelling, the story is of no interest, not to mention their horrific buggyness).

*PvP gear takes far less time to gather if your lucky

When I got to valor 60 I was still missing mh, chest and gloves from champion bags, I got full culumni in a week or so.

BiS = Best in Slot = best item currently obtainable for a give slot

BiS != easiest to obtain for the level

This formula means that, according to your quote above, commendation gear is in fact NOT BiS

Thank you for torpedoing your own argument

Goto ilum, then look at the daily vendor, then try and quote me again. Please.

Anyone know why no MMO caters to the hard-core raider MMO player anymore?

Because you don't make up a significant portion of the market.

Im glad we cater to all those causals, they stick around after the first month, the current population situation proves that.

Im glad we cater to all those causals, they stick around after the first month, the current population situation proves that.

Hah!, nice, I read that as:

"Yeah, hardcore players see the wasted potential much sooner and move on faster. Which would desert the servers if there were nothing catering to casuals."

I like that thought, actually. Because in an MMO, an experienced player can tell and extrapolate very quickly what he likes/dislikes and where the gameplay will end up most probably. °O