The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What abilities don't you use?

Ryuji_Sukata

Running tank spec here.

Full Auto is off my bar and that's it.

Explosive round knocks over standard and weak mobs enabling you to use blitz on them when stock strike, plasma cannon and hib are on cooldown. Also has a great range which can be used whilst moving so good for pvp.

OK i'm being a bit naive here,. but what do you mean by "plasma canon and hib are on cooldown"?

full-auto & blitz. full-auto was reasonable while in the teens though. it does its damage in a burst setup such that you can get a kill shot if you time it right..

by the time you are 30 though, the animation delay & interrupt on it will drive you nuts. I don't have it on my hotbar anymore.

As an Assault Spec running Ion Cell I don't use Explosive Round, Ion Pulse, or Full Auto.

Bro, what do you use then? Ion pulse is our staple move! Also, what benefit do you see from running ion cell in assault spec? All the talents are geared toward plasma cell? Just curious how you're doing.

Blitz, the only time you know it is going to work is when you toss a grenade on a weak mob. That's it, it doesn't procc for cryofreeze either.

Strong mobs with cryo you can blitz. Weak with anything, and there's cc from other classes that'll do it too.

But I agree, it's a pretty sketchy ability. If it had the same criteria as High impact bolt, you could take the slow proc on regular blaster shots, and use it to enable it.

I don't use Explosive Round at all anymore. The ammo cost plus the lack of a spot for it in my rotation hurts it's viability. I use Full Auto occasionally when I have a long downtime gap to fill and extra ammo to spare, usually if I don't get a Stockstrike proc. That will end up getting replaced by Energy Blast when I get it, though. I do use everything else, depending on the situation, though. For example, I switch up between Ion Pulse and Explosive Surge depending on how many enemies are in a group or how far apart they are, etc.