Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The real SWTOR community begins Jan 20th 2012

javatroyz

I'm looking forward to the real forums and community showing up in about 12 days!

I'm looking forward to playing with people that are nice, mature and friendly. Sure there will still be a few jerks here and there but the initial MMO rush new thing players will be gone which with raise the IQ and quality of the product.

Here is my perdiction...

SWTOR had a strong start but will have a dip in population thats noticable after Jan 20th-2012 but will slowly rebuild and surpass thier inital sales and concurrent player base over the year. With 1-2 years this will be an very attractive and healthy MMO and community with massive growth and expansion and stable economy and cool things added!

Looking forward to expansions and redone-resourced space combat experience also. :)

/cheers

Edited by javatroyz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The community you see today will be the community you see on the 21st. hate to break it to you but nothing will change when 30-days is up.

That's hardly your call. But no matter, you will be amongst the thousands of players that will "unsubscribe" because they're "bored" at level fifty.

The community we see today will be a lot better after a good two months. :sul_grin:

Arrogance takes many forms. Since you have passed judgment on any nay Sayers of this game, all that's left is the exclusive group of players you seem to belong to. The wow kiddies are already bailing left and right. All that will be left is you and the 3 or 4 people in your fantasy world.

You can't be this naive.

People can be. It never ceases to amaze me.

"It's not competing with WoW!"

"Requiring everyone to be over 18 will reduce guild drama!"

"At least we won't have Chuck Norris jokes *here!*"

"I can make a ****** version of WoW with voice acting as its selling point and I won't be homeless in a year!"

Actually, that will be a 100% fact.

All the subs that aren't renewed will be gone. You can't post in the forums without a current subscription. Although, someone could pay for a game that they "don't" like, just to post on the forums.

I've done it before. I bought an extra month on Rift just to be a pain in the ***.

$15 is a small price to pay when enough thin skin is on display.

Actually, that will be a 100% fact.

All the subs that aren't renewed will be gone. You can't post in the forums without a current subscription. Although, someone could pay for a game that they "don't" like, just to post on the forums.

I seen people in the past pay for a game just to lurk the forums.....

Actually the rabid fans are as much an issue on these boards as the hating trolls.

There won't be a noticeable difference.

True enough. The fun really starts when you start seeing the game's hugest defenders start bashing it in a few months time. That's when they are sad that their fan posts get thrown back at them. Lol.

#1- I have had EA/Biowares give me such unbelieve top notch personal customer service I am still blown away!

#2- Have you ever seen a company update and clearly communicate with such maturity such clear direction of upcoming patches and also addressing the community several times a week with each step they are taking?!

#3- They are listening and caring.

#4- Fast patches and quick fixes

#5- Content update and major patch within 30 days!

Enough said!

I hope you're right, but in the meantime, I'm not spending the $1560 and change the next couple years while waiting for this game to become worth what I would have to spend on it. Edited by Paksis

I have a funny feeling that all those "unsubscribers" are still going to be here come jan 20th. I have a feeling your going to be sorely disappointed when jan 21st roles around. Hope I'm worng, but I believe this is what we're going to have for awhile.

That's hardly your call. But no matter, you will be amongst the thousands of players that will "unsubscribe" because they're "bored" at level fifty.

The community we see today will be a lot better after a good two months. :sul_grin:

Thanks for proving my point about the 'rabid fans'

I like the game and plan to play for quite some time, but thanks for being representative of whats wrong with this forum community.

Once again, nothing will change.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.