Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Israel

I would like to see an in game version of recount.. I would love to have an accurate measure of my dps and damage in general.. As wall that of my companions..

I would also like to see some taget dummies and more playing with specs to find the best spec, be it tank, heals, or DPS..

To me, all it would do is make us all better players.. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No don't ruin this game with addons like recount, gear score etc. I play for fun, not to have some tool pick apart my ability and gear... esp when they suck worse than I do!!

Yea man, Recount ruins all the fun because this game turns into a job if I have to download a couple add-ons and spend 5 minutes on the class forums to look up the proper specs/rotation/stat priority that some really nice guy already calculated out for us. I am not some jobless nerd. I don't have time for doing research on the forums, even though I will come here to voice my opinion against damage meters. Don't let me get started on how long it takes to memorize the order of 4 spells that I need to use for maximum DPS. All this is way more complex than flipping burgers. This game might as well be a job. I JUST WANT FUN! FUN FUN FUN!

Sorry but those tools are going to pick people apart with or without addons.

sigh touche, my point really is I KNOW I suck... I just don't need or want some tool with an "addon" of some description to tell me so =P

Edited by MelRee

dont take me out of context.

theres 4 people in a flashpoint

8 people in a operation. not hard to figure out who youre carrying.

To add, i main tank for my guild and I run it. We haven't had issues yet. so if you need a parser to figure out who fails perhaps you are running with the wrong crowd.

This is true too. Its pretty obvious who the slack DPS are when the good DPS get Mind Trapped or Tossed and then you lose because of it. Or you can use Infernal Council, in fact I think that will be my new signature.

Infernal Council is my DPS Meter.

I just love all these people who think that something is magically gonna change because there isn't a meter to quantify the bad instead of having to base it on other factors. Bad is still bad, and if someone is causing you to lose a fight its not gonna be pretty whether theres a meter or not.

Edited by Lightmgl

If your in a group, and everything is dieing aroud the group, I think thats good enough to know your doing well. Any stats traking stuff is just stupied.

What if everything is not dying around the group?

oh n/m you are just gonna say "try again" "you don't have enough dps" "go to normal mode" or "Your raid leader should know who's doing bad"

oh n/m you are just gonna say "try again" "you don't have enough dps" "go to normal mode" or "Your raid leader should know who's doing bad"

well said.

finally something worth the effort to type.

Yeah I'm fine with no meters and all. Just don't come crying to us when you're wiping to Soa because 5 of you are mind trapped at once or you hit his enrage and hes still at 15% and you don't know why.

If you can do all of the following bosses:

Revan HM

HK-47 False Emp HM

Bulwark Directive-7 HM

Soa Normal

Bonethrasher Normal

Any HM/Nightmare Operation

That guy with the Weequay Pirates in Battle of Ilum HM

and not hit the enrages, congrats you don't need DPS meters because you do enough. If you are wiping to any of those or any other enrage timer for that matter, congratulations you are not good enough to play this game. No meters necessary, Black and White. If you don't like it quit ************ about elitism and get better.

Edited by Lightmgl

Yeah I'm fine with no meters and all. Just don't come crying to us when you're wiping to Soa because 5 of you are mind trapped at once or you hit his enrage and hes still at 15% and you don't know why.

If you can do all of the following bosses:

Revan HM

HK-47 False Emp HM

Bulwark Directive-7 HM

Soa Normal

Bonethrasher Normal

Any HM/Nightmare Operation

That guy with the Weequay Pirates in Battle of Ilum HM

and not hit the enrages, congrats you don't need DPS meters because you do enough. If you are wiping to any of those or any other enrage timer for that matter, congratulations you are not good enough to play this game. No meters necessary, Black and White. If you don't like it quit ************ about elitism and get better.

You could aswell just quit if the game you play does not offer what you want.

And if you hit the enrage then because your raid does not do enough damage. If you need a meter for this to see, then all hope seems to be lost anyways :)

Raid: "Raidleader why didnt we kill the boss?"

Leader: "Well he did enrage and wiped our tanks"

Raid: "Why did he enrage?"

Leader: "I dont know, if I would have a meter I could tell you tho" :rolleyes:

And if you hit the enrage then because your raid does not do enough damage. If you need a meter for this to see, then all hope seems to be lost anyways :)

meters play the game for you. i want to play the game.

along with everything else i said. I just assume that every boss enrages at about 15 %

Oh yeah I don't care one way or another personally. I'd like the meters to make my life a bit easier but as a raidleader I can usually tell whos doing well enough and who is not. The meters just make it very clear if it is a global problem (whole group) or individual problem which can be nice sometimes.

I just find it amusing that people think that not having a meter is gonna mean "Unskilled players won't have problems" or "DPS won't matter" when in truth its the encounter design that makes the DPS matter, not the meters.

If they think DPS is not gonna be an issue and min-maxing is not gonna help then they are playing the wrong game or they should be petitioning Bioware to change their encounter design. Many of these fights are very tightly tuned, especially before you outgear them.

Edited by Lightmgl

along with everything else i said. I just assume that every boss enrages at about 15 %

How on earth does a meter 'play the game for me'? It's not like they tell you when to use what abilities and when to move your character. They just provide basic, easy to access information on where things are going wrong.

How on earth does a meter 'play the game for me'? It's not like they tell you when to use what abilities and when to move your character. They just provide basic, easy to access information on where things are going wrong.

youve never played wow it started off as parsers now they have addons that tell you what to cast where to go exactly. you dont even have to look at the game just watch the addons and follow the noise.

Bosses enrage on a timer in this game in level 50 content. If the boss enrages most of them will kill you within about 2-3 seconds. They gain about 300% more damage. It is meant to be a time limit, you hit it, you die.

If it enrages you have probably lost unless it is a couple of hits from dying. Enrage means you killed it too slow, its not what you are thinking where the boss gets a little stronger when he is near death.

And meters != addons. Addons can play the game for you, meters just show you numbers.

Oh and BTW back in really early WoW, we actually had the mods to help with dispelling and such long before a working DPS meter existed. I don't remember having a DPS meter until halfway through Molten Core.

Edited by Lightmgl

youve never played wow it started off as parsers now they have addons that tell you what to cast where to go exactly. you dont even have to look at the game just watch the addons and follow the noise.

Yes, I played WoW. No, I never used anything like DBM, nor did I run into any trouble for not using it.

If you'd like to note the purpose of this thread though, it is specifically about an in-game Bioware sanctioned Recount.

Yes, I played WoW. No, I never used anything like DBM, nor did I run into any trouble for not using it.

If you'd like to note the purpose of this thread though, it is specifically about an in-game Bioware sanctioned Recount.

you are late to the conversation I am aware what the topic is and I have already stated my position. I was just making a statement about addons playing the game for you. troll someone else.

Absolutely NO recount ! Been top dps or top in healing meters became the GAME and not just a TOOL in WoW. I understand your thesis and your concerns but since the majority of community is filled with an unending egomania thus this will ruin the game experience for the others that playing for fun.

Yes to combat log

NO to recount

you are late to the conversation I am aware what the topic is and I have already stated my position. I was just making a statement about addons playing the game for you. troll someone else.

You said 'meters play the game for you'. That's very specific phrasing; how did you expect anyone to interpret it as 'addons play the game for you'?

Me saying that meters do not play the game for you hardly constitutes trolling. I think you might want to look up what trolling actually is.

Absolutely NO recount ! Been top dps or top in healing meters became the GAME and not just a TOOL in WoW. I understand your thesis and your concerns but since the majority of community is filled with an unending egomania thus this will ruin the game experience for the others that playing for fun.

Yes to combat log

NO to recount

How do you know that you're the top damage and heals without recount or some other tool to compare yourself to other players?

You said 'meters play the game for you'. That's very specific phrasing; how did you expect anyone to interpret it as 'addons play the game for you'?

Me saying that meters do not play the game for you hardly constitutes trolling. I think you might want to look up what trolling actually is.

semantics. they are all meters, meters just measure data in one way or another. parsers, game data to check other information. you may want to look up words yourself before you try to troll.

The game is fine without recount and macros. I didn't think I would enjoy it so much to play without having that stuff FORCED on me. There's other ways to find out if people are slacking (like observing them).

I don't like number crunching, and I don't like it being forced on me. I don't like having people regularly SPAMMING the groups with how much damage they do compared to others.

I'm however for some sort of dummiy where you can check your own damage, apart from others.