Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Too many knockbacks

Thomack

Can you take most of the knock backs away from mobs??? I am getting tired of trying to take on groups and I get knocked back every time I start a fight. Even if I start the fight as ranged, I get hit with it as soon as i get in melee range. The problem is amplified if there are multiple mobs in the pack that knock back and that is VERY VERY common. Take some of the melee unfriendliness out of the PvE content!

Here is a good example of this. I was doing a story mode fight where I was forced to take on 2 strong mobs at the same time because i have no CC. They were ranged and the both had a knock back and a heal. I couldn't use many abilities because I would get interupted by knock backs and the little damage I could do was negated by them healing each other. The healing would have been fine if I could have dpsed like normal. The fight took me 5 mins to kill them.

The breaking point for me was when the knock backs started killing me by knocking me into other pack of mobs in densely packed areas.

I know some people are going to cry there is strategies to get around it but i don't want to get into the different ways that the strategies are negated.

Honestly this was one of the first things that I concluded when I started doing PvP back in the beta. Don't know if it'll change, but I just remember the "People don't like losing control over their character" quote that certain developers like using.

Giving classes stuns is one thing. You can use your trinket (yes I called it that) ability to get out, and while being semi perma-stunned sucks, it pales in comparison to the annoyance of being flung around over and over. You cannot trinket a knockback, you just have to deal with the incredibly long (relatively so) disable while you fly across the screen.

Not every class needs a crazy aoe knockback. Honestly what it looks like BW decided to do was to give ranged dps classes (as well as some melee) an AoE knockback in lieu of the normal root abilities that such classes would get in a typical MMO. This seems like a really ill thought-out design choice. Roots achieve the primary purpose (gaining distance) without totally ruining the other player's experience. Knockbacks are just flat out obnoxious, esp when almost every class has them on a pretty short cooldown.

However, nothing we can do about this now.

Knockbacks are so obnoxiously out of control in this game. The NPCs knock you back, the mobs knock you back, the bosses knock you back, the enemy players knock you back, you knock yourself back.

Bioware was just like "we'll make this CC immunity thing, but then we'll make a knockback that's CC in disguise and give it to EVERYONE so our CC immunity means nothing!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOBS!!!!"

You got us, Bioware. We didn't see that one coming.

Knockbacks are so obnoxiously out of control in this game. The NPCs knock you back, the mobs knock you back, the bosses knock you back, the enemy players knock you back, you knock yourself back.

Bioware was just like "we'll make this CC immunity thing, but then we'll make a knockback that's CC in disguise and give it to EVERYONE so our CC immunity means nothing!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOBS!!!!"

This made my day :D

I have to agree some mobs kockback is kinda fustrating.. If i'm fighting a mob of 3+ commandos ( currently on Alderaan ) I can only cast instant spells.. If its over a 1sec cast I just can't cast it. Always gets intrupted.

but on the other hand Its only some mobs.. Most are fine.. so maybe tone it down on the really bad ones keep the rest.

I get knocked back I jump right back in I got a button for that. I see a casting bar pop up for a CC I don't like I use one of my many interrupts I have a couple of those too.

I find there are two types of knock back. One is a tiny knock back that does not even get me out of my melee range and it seems like every other mob has it. I ignore it since it has really no effect on my play other then bouncing me around a bit. But it does not stop combat or even slow me down. The other is the big ones that some Elites have and Most Bosses have. I use interrupts when possible on those (not all are interruptable) or mostly just do not use my gap closing jump to start the fight and save it for the knock back. Problem solved.

And I play the Jedi Knight Guardian if you most know with a pure tank build.

you cant knockback someone with full resolve

you cant knockback someone with full resolve

Umm...

You know how many times i have been CC'd and stunned etc etc with a full resolve bar ?

To me the resolve bar is just a pretty bar that likes to go up and down without having an actual effect on game play what so ever.

Umm...

You know how many times i have been CC'd and stunned etc etc with a full resolve bar ?

To me the resolve bar is just a pretty bar that likes to go up and down without having an actual effect on game play what so ever.

Cant tell you how many time someone scored in huttball cause i could not stun/knockback them.

Instead of removing the knock back they could add new powers, here are a few ideas.

Force Repulsion (instant), duration 10 seconds.

Focus the force around you in a bubble making you immune to knockback for 10 seconds.

Force Gravity (passive)

using the force to bind you to the ground you become diffucult to push, 50% chance to resist knockback.

Force Run (instant) duration 10 seconds

immune to movement imparing effects for 10 seconds

Force Will (passive)

Attaining total balance of mind you are almost immune to stun, 50% chance to resist stun.

Yes i know lame names but they could be a combo of talents and powers

Instead of removing the knock back they could add new powers, here are a few ideas.

Force Repulsion (instant), duration 10 seconds.

Focus the force around you in a bubble making you immune to knockback for 10 seconds.

Force Gravity (passive)

using the force to bind you to the ground you become diffucult to push, 50% chance to resist knockback.

Force Run (instant) duration 10 seconds

immune to movement imparing effects for 10 seconds

Force Will (passive)

Attaining total balance of mind you are almost immune to stun, 50% chance to resist stun.

Yes i know lame names but they could be a combo of talents and powers

bounty hunter have one, melee gets a charge or a sprint.

working as intended

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.