The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Huttball: Not an Exploit??

djvapid

It's an exploit if there's no way around it. However, there are ways to avoid it.

However, you can just as easily pass the ball to someone else if they try to grapple you. Also keep in mind, having one person sitting past the goal line out of combat means the opponent is at least one player short on the field. Finally, if they can grapple you up, you can grapple them down.

I'm sure they'll just change it to no matter how you get over the goal you score soon enough. It does seem pretty unfair/unbalanced.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware saying it's not an exploit = We are lazy and don't feel like fixing it at the moment.

It's an obvious exploit. All you have to do to stay in the safe zone is zigzag left to right.

All those damn goalies do in hockey is stay in the safe zone and zigzag from left to right. EXPLOITERS!

Bioware saying it's not an exploit = We are lazy and don't feel like fixing it at the moment.

It's an obvious exploit. All you have to do to stay in the safe zone is zigzag left to right.

they never said it wasn't a bug but it is hardly an exploit to hit the spell button when your in range of someone and have LOS, suck it up i will be pulling people into spawn until they fix the bug or declare it an exploit.

It's an exploit if there's no way around it. However, there are ways to avoid it.

However, you can just as easily pass the ball to someone else if they try to grapple you. Also keep in mind, having one person sitting past the goal line out of combat means the opponent is at least one player short on the field. Finally, if they can grapple you up, you can grapple them down.

I'm sure they'll just change it to no matter how you get over the goal you score soon enough. It does seem pretty unfair/unbalanced.

Sorry, but yanking someone into an area where the game insta-kills them for the purpose of preventing spawn camping can be seen as nothing but an exploit.

I seriously think that I wouldn't be able to find a single issue with this game where everyone can freaking agree.

they never said it wasn't a bug but it is hardly an exploit to hit the spell button when your in range of someone and have LOS, suck it up i will be pulling people into spawn until they fix the bug or declare it an exploit.

Look up the definition of exploit please.

Haven't had it happen to me yet. Find it a very funny exploit but an exploit regardless. It will be fixed so 'enjoy' it while it lasts.

Sorry, but yanking someone into an area where the game insta-kills them for the purpose of preventing spawn camping can be seen as nothing but an exploit.

I seriously think that I wouldn't be able to find a single issue with this game where everyone can freaking agree.

Oh, I see. You're one of those who would roll on a pvp server, and spawn camp low levels on Tat. Nice, real sporting of you.

All those damn goalies do in hockey is stay in the safe zone and zigzag from left to right. EXPLOITERS!

So if the timer is supposed to boot them, but they circumvent it... it's not an exploit? Interesting. Maybe people should just hack the servers and give themselves CC invulnerability, permanent force speed and 100% dmg reduction. It's not cheating if it's huttball.

I want to know how I keep seeing the opposite team make this sort of pull with their teammate when they have the ball.

I seen someone grab the ball from the spawn, hit the ramp and get pulled to the ramp to score a ball in seconds. I couldn't believe it.

I'm not looking for the removal of the insta-kill zone. I'm not even worried about being harpooned and insta-killed. The issue I have is that, even though I "pass" through the score zone (goal) as I'm being harpooned, I do NOT score and the ball gets sent back to the neutral zone.

If they fix this one part where we still score, then you can help me and harpoon me to your insta kill zone all day long and I won't complain at all. (Although I think your own team won't be too thrilled with you for helping me score.)

I'm also not looking to see people banned. I just want Bioware, in an official statement, to regard this as an issue, an exploit, and fix it.

I want to know how I keep seeing the opposite team make this sort of pull with their teammate when they have the ball.

I seen someone grab the ball from the spawn, hit the ramp and get pulled to the ramp to score a ball in seconds. I couldn't believe it.

Some classes have the ability to pull a friendly player to their location.

You just said there should be no way to counter spawn camping.

I... I...

I'm not allowed to tell you what I want to because the nice friendly mods here will slap me on the wrist.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that yanking someone into an area that insta kills them when that wasn't its intended purpose is clearly an exploit. I can't believe I had to repeat that. Is this for real?

If it is a glitch (something not working as intended) and the other player is intentionally using it to gain something (Huttball wins) in a way that was not intended my Bioware, then it is an Exploit. Read the rules. They banned people for camping that node in Ilum even though they were just doing something that was allowed by the game.

If you know it is bugged and you use that bug for any sort of gain, you are in violation of the rules. Period.

I'm not looking for the removal of the insta-kill zone. I'm not even worried about being harpooned and insta-killed. The issue I have is that, even though I "pass" through the score zone (goal) as I'm being harpooned, I do NOT score and the ball gets sent back to the neutral zone.

If they fix this one part where we still score, then you can help me and harpoon me to your insta kill zone all day long and I won't complain at all. (Although I think your own team won't be too thrilled with you for helping me score.)

I'm also not looking to see people banned. I just want Bioware, in an official statement, to regard this as an issue, an exploit, and fix it.

I absolutely agree. It's not working as intended. The easiest solution would be: You want to pull people over and insta-kill them... fine, but they're going to score since you're pulling them over the line. That would make my matches go a lot quicker when the enemy is doing this to me.

Somehow they need to change this, and fix it. That's all I want too.