Sure glad my Resolve bar is full...

Dreadspectre

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..not like I have to sit here and eat 4 seconds of CC while I stare at it or anything because my 2 min CD break free is down...

Oh well..gives me time to post dumb threads on forums.

Resolve is the worse system in the world.

you mean you dont like not being in control of your character for long periods of time while getting beat on like a pinata at a mexican birthday ?

sombody at BW thought that would be fun.

you mean you dont like not being in control of your character for long periods of time while getting beat on like a pinata at a mexican birthday ?

sombody at BW thought that would be fun.

Oh but... (sarcasm) people being allowed to chain CC each other is CRITICAL to PVP! And absolutely fair! As long as my team is the only one doing it....

if they reduce cc they are going to have to seriously nerf everyone's ability to survive. I have watched even suppossed "squishy" class like sorc go from one end to the other being beat on by 5 people in huttball. If cc was reduced every game would be a race to get the ball and dance to the end.

Resolve is fine. You guys are just bad and/or don't understand the system.

Here is an explanation that might help a bit:

Reosir and I tested Resolve stuff and thought I’d let you know what we found out (I can elaborate more in vent).

Resolve is a stat out of 1000 (shown on the bar above your portrait). The Resolve bar under the nameplates is a bar that is actually out of 800 (so you’ll notice it fills but doesn’t go white right away sometimes).

Stuns give 200 resolve per second of the stun. Mez (breaks on damage) gives 100 resolve per second. Knockbacks generate 400 resolve (didn’t have a way to test pulls).

When you hit the resolve cap it generates 50% more resolve than what was used to cap it. So a 4 second stun generates 800 resolve and if it goes over 1000 you get an extra 400. So two 4 seconds stuns used back to back will generate 2000 resolve.

When resolve goes over 1000 it starts to drain (not exactly sure on the rate). That is why some times the resolve bar drains quickly and some times takes a while to drain (ie if you go to 2000 resolve it takes longer to run out).

The problem with resolve is that if you're CC'd while it's 7/8ths full you still eat the full duration of the CC. Also, if you are CC'd and it goes full, but get re-CC'd before your current CC breaks you eat that full CC.

If resolve simply broke whatever current CC you were in as soon as the bar filled it would be fine.

Yeah the resolve bar is a huge joke and we all know it.

Dont know how many times a day in PvP i will stare at it

when it's full while i'm stunned.

What we should do is make alot of videos showing just how crap it is and OP can post all the videos in his OP post.And bump the thread everyday until it's fixed.

Resolve is fine. You guys are just bad and/or don't understand the system.

Here is an explanation that might help a bit:

I'm not bad, you have terrible reading comprehension. I said IF MY BREAKFREE IS ON CD I will eat all of it. That is how resolve works. It's either eat it all, or eat 1, wait for a second to hit and pop break free and run wild with immunity for a few seconds. THAT'S IT.

Resolve is not some magical mystical tome of knowledge that you have to unlock. Breakfree on CD=You are ****ed and are about to be gibbed.

No, it's buggy as balls Lopez. Roots should probably generate resolve too, since that's essentially CC for melee.

They do.

Resolve system is perfectly fine. However, It's hard to utilize it to your benefit unless you run with a pocket healer or you are a tank.

Seriously. Give the stickied thread a read. There's a reason it has been stickied. I get people screaming at me in general because I know how to use it to run the huttball or how to trigger it early to screw an enemy runner.

The problem with resolve is that if you're CC'd while it's 7/8ths full you still eat the full duration of the CC. Also, if you are CC'd and it goes full, but get re-CC'd before your current CC breaks you eat that full CC.

If resolve simply broke whatever current CC you were in as soon as the bar filled it would be fine.

This, resolve is broken beyond anything, 10% of the time it works - 90% of the time it's doesn't for whatever reason.

Why do we get these idiot's who argue the counter position on stuff 90% of us know is broken!?

I.E.

Statement : My Graphics and Textures are all high an look Leetz, your rig just sucks.

Answer: There are no High Textures u Dumb ^$*# there low and medium for everyone!!!

Statement: There is no ability lag your just a bad player!

Answer: Hop on your bike and try to move right away dumb ***!

Statement: Ops aren't leet you just need to learn how to play against them.

Answer: I'd love to learn how to play against them but unfortunatly I'm dead before I can do anything and I'm the Tank.

Edited by DarthMacsimus

Holy **** guys THERE IS NOTHING TO UNDERSTAND. If you start with an empty resolve bar and your break free is down you are going to eat 8 seconds of CC. There is no if's and's or but's about it.

Resolve is a *********** horrid system in a game where the shortest stuns and incaps are 3 seconds and EVERY CLASS has them. Diminished returns would be a whole lot better than this garbage *** system.

No one cares they get immunity until their bar is EMPTY because you're usually either dead or so damn near dead that it doesn't matter.

Edited by Dreadspectre

Did you guys play WOW? You must have had heart attacks with the CC chains that could be pulled off in that game, especially since burst damage was a lot higher.

Resolve is perfectly fine. You're supposed to be CCed sometimes. It can be frustrating, but it adds depth and skill to the game.

Edited by GeLopez

That how it works, yes. But if you are at 900/1,000 and you get an 8 seconds stunt that put's you over the 1,000, the resolve bar empties while you are still stunt, that's the problem. That's why you can perma-cc anyone.

No, it doesn't. The bar will not start emptying until you drop out of the CC. It is mathematically impossible for that to happen.

Edited by GeLopez

Did you guys play WOW? You must have had heart attacks with the CC chains that could be pulled off in that game, especially since burst damage was a lot higher.

Resolve is perfectly fine. You're supposed to be CCed sometimes. It can be frustrating, but it adds depth and skill to the game.

It would add depth and skill to the game if every class didnt have 2-4 CC's with 1 min or less cd's to spam. Some are even AoE. Get the **** out of here.

It would add depth and skill to the game if every class didnt have 2-4 CC's with 1 min or less cd's to spam. Some are even AoE. Get the **** out of here.

CCs in WOW don't even have cooldowns a lot of the time. People managed.

It's fine. You can't be CCed for longer than 40 percent of the time assuming an entire team is chaining CC on you, and there are plenty of counters to the CCs outside of the CC break, like dispels, positioning, and more CC.

Edited by GeLopez

I have found resolve to be very inadaquate. There seems to be too much CC not enough break free. I am constantly stunned, break free, stunned again immediately and I often remain that way til death.

I'd say the system is not a successful one yet. Needs to be adjusted in some fashion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.