What lesson have we learned from EA and Bioware with this launch?

DarthPeterNorth

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That whilst staggering access sounds good in practice really it simply pisses off 90% of your customer base. Especially if you only allow 10-15% in during the first 5 phases.

That BW provide pretty plausible sounding posts though you can't help that there is some 'spin doctoring' going on.

That they (again) make the right noises about exploiting but it remains to be seen whether they actually act promptly and effectively to fix things. Pretty soon it will be too late for 'promptly'

Another problem. Even today they come up with play up to 5 days when they know it will be impossible to deliver 5 days for anyone who bought it now.

Also why such major stress tests with 750.000 users and have 200.000 at day one early access? They managed to get 750.000 players in 2 days and servers never crashed!! I never had problems on that beta weekend, so why so much fear now?

Because they HAD problems with servers and decided to solve it.

U don't know what they are planning for tomorrow, if they won't launch people who pre-ordered, I'll be complaining because it's not what I have written on my pre-order but until it won't happen I won't complain about it ;)

It doesn't make me angry that someone can play TOR earlier than me if it's only to make servers more stable.

That bioware really did not monitor the beta testing very well. Level 50's on the first day? All they did was allow people to come in and play the game enough to find how well farming pvp works.

That was all bs, they haven't found anyone level 50 yet, not even close. the highest was around 30, they have made a statement about this.

Smart consumers MUST know what they are buying before putting their money on something. Pre-ordering to have 1 week behind blind customers is the same as buying retail, or worse.

Really smart consumers wouldn't buy games at all as they would be unwilling to sign the license agreement.

but we do, most without even reading it.

I knew what I was pre-ordering.

Before going to a movie, do you demand that you get the script for the movie so you know exactly what you'll be watching?

Or do you just check what category the movie is in, what actors there are and watch a trailer or two like normal people?

Personally I knew more about this game than I needed long before I pre-ordered.

You don't pre-order a movie ticket 6 months in advance.

"Oh no I won't be able to totally skip all the content because of the one or two days extra that other people get over me! Waah waah waah!" - That's essentially most of the arguements on this forum at the moment. Stop complaining that you're not in the game right now, is one week that long to wait? You've been waiting for three years already, what's one more week?

When you give ppl something extra, they QQ they didn't get more. Here ... free cookie. re: I should have got 2 cookies QQ nerd rage !!!

I dont know which part of pre-order you didn`t understand. Pre-order means exactly the day early access started. If you think that buying a pre-order doesn`t give you the right of playing a pre-order but its a bonus, then you must be jar jar binks relative.

that's not what they wrote. what they actually wrote was "up to 5 days" which actually means anything from an hour to 5 days prior to the 20th (hooked on phonics really worked for me, pinky swear:))

Hmm... U got me! I never noticed this and thought that I can play 5 days earlier xD

Has noone told people that the whole idea behind the early game access's for pre-orders on games was a staggering of players to begin with... The point of pre-order is not "EGA" please stop connecting it.

Pre-Order came about as a convenience to the customers and as a way for the company to brag.

Pre-Order Bonuses came about as a way to reward loyalty and early adoption... but then was co-opted as a way to draw customers to different retailers via having different bonuses at different retailers

Pre-Order EGA came about because someone got the idea of "how do we fix the game getting slammed the first day and stop them from causing as many log-in issues with as little impact on the customers or so that customers don't know...." "Oh I know Stagger customers and use pre-orders to determine who get "early access" This way people take it as a reward like Bonuses and those who have pre-orders are more likely to be ok with dealing with a log-in server being slammed and server being messed up.

The idea to stagger the EGA, which is supposed to be a staggering is rather dumb and asinine and shows the faults of the system. There was no problem and any problems that they would have had was supposed to be handled by the log-in crashing and then they could fix it so then their "launch" would be optimized... In this way they are not crashing the log-in and when the million new users come the 20th that optimization won't be there so they are only messing themselves up.

Edited by Durakken

If this staggered launch goes as slow as day one ill never ever again pre-order anything from bioware/EA.

Whats the logic of pre-ordering a product at day 1 that you know crap about it because they hide everything afraid of criticism besides being a blind fanboy that would buy a devs used condom?

Smart consumers MUST know what they are buying before putting their money on something. Pre-ordering to have 1 week behind blind customers is the same as buying retail, or worse.

Why play at all? You're just wasting time, might as well go play Polly Pocket!

Really smart consumers wouldn't buy games at all as they would be unwilling to sign the license agreement.

but we do, most without even reading it.

How true. They are truly depressing. Having said that as a Joe Soap consumer in the UK you can not sign away your statutory rights, whatever the small print says.

That was all bs, they haven't found anyone level 50 yet, not even close. the highest was around 30, they have made a statement about this.

So 3/5ths of the grind done in 10 hours is alright with you? Actually a DEV posted about looking into the pvp leveling. I would say thats not BS, if a dev actually posted about it. The original post was about people already at level 40 day one using a pvp exploit.

'cause they've been so forthright with information... Maybe if they released more information earlier, people might have more faith in the product and invest in the game via pre-order?

I had faith in the product without more information at the time. Hence, I am rewarded for it, by playing since the first wave yesterday. You didn't have faith, so you are not rewarded, and you are still waiting.

Sounds fine to me.

I dont know which part of pre-order you didn`t understand. Pre-order means exactly the day early access started. If you think that buying a pre-order doesn`t give you the right of playing a pre-order but its a bonus, then you must be jar jar binks relative.

No it does not.

In this game pre-order meant UP TO 5 DAYS which now was extended to 7 days.