What lesson have we learned from EA and Bioware with this launch?

DarthPeterNorth

If this staggered launch goes as slow as day one ill never ever again pre-order anything from bioware/EA.

Whats the logic of pre-ordering a product at day 1 that you know crap about it because they hide everything afraid of criticism besides being a blind fanboy that would buy a devs used condom?

Smart consumers MUST know what they are buying before putting their money on something. Pre-ordering to have 1 week behind blind customers is the same as buying retail, or worse.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And then you took a blaster shot to the knee?

This is a lost cause but if you think about it, how many games you bought at retail that gave you 1 week of disadvantage from pre-orders? And we are all here pre-ordering!!

I understand that first pre-orders must have first access, but give them a week of difference is a slap in a customer`s face.

Edited by DarthPeterNorth

If this staggered launch goes as slow as day one ill never ever again pre-order anything from bioware/EA.

Whats the logic of pre-ordering a product at day 1 that you know crap about it because they hide everything afraid of criticism besides being a blind fanboy that would buy a devs used condom?

Smart consumers MUST know what they are buying before putting their money on something. Pre-ordering to have 1 week behind blind customers is the same as buying retail, or worse.

I agree with this statement fully, in regards that normal customers want to see first-hand the product they buying, as in testing it. Fanbois bought the game blind same day it was available for preorder. So I understand the unfair stuff.

BUT same time people couldve pre-ordered the game July 21 and had the option of cancelling it or still buy it when they tested it during the Thanksgiving beta weekend.

Edited by Morto

I learned that you get promoted one level higher than your ability. Whoever, came up with the staggered launch idea should be demoted. I would appreciate it if his coworkers threw food at him and chastized him with offensive name calling as well.

1 week behind? Behind of what? Story? PVP? Gameplay? Funtime?

Yes Funtime could count... But they never said 'you are going to'. They said ' You will play UP TO 5 days'

Why are you still making such threads over and over? There are maybe 100 threads related of this topic.

I have serious ideas about picking my friends in this game from now on. And about the guys like OP, I will just pass them by when I see their 'smart costumer' look on their face.

'Smart Costumers'... Smart Costumers already know how nonsense and ridiculous such threads and OPs are.

Edited by Joshbonrise

When u bought pre-order u knew that u will play from 15th December and it's actually 14th... Bioware made some who pre-ordered game to launch earlier but only to make someone like you to launch happy without any queues or server disconnections so be grateful.

Another problem. Even today they come up with play up to 5 days when they know it will be impossible to deliver 5 days for anyone who bought it now.

Also why such major stress tests with 750.000 users and have 200.000 at day one early access? They managed to get 750.000 players in 2 days and servers never crashed!! I never had problems on that beta weekend, so why so much fear now?

When u bought pre-order u knew that u will play from 15th December and it's actually 14th... Bioware made some who pre-ordered game to launch earlier but only to make someone like you to launch happy without any queues or server disconnections so be grateful.

Indeed.

I learnt a lot with this game.

- Never buy games from Amazon

- Never trust EA BW

- Dont bother with games which have a stupid launch date (i.e. a few days before Christmas)

But then I am a red-zoner, and I have a few things to be disgruntled about.

that's not what they wrote. what they actually wrote was "up to 5 days" which actually means anything from an hour to 5 days prior to the 20th (hooked on phonics really worked for me, pinky swear:))

It was stated constantly from the time pre-orders were available that THIS is how they would go down. If you didn't like the plan, you really don't have room to complain now that it's too late to change. If it's really that much of a hardship on you, cancel.

I really don't get the uproar all of a sudden. People, you've had MONTHS to complain about this and now that it's here ... all of a sudden it's unacceptable. Launch is a failure because someone else got their cookie before you.

Boo-fricken-hoo. You know you're going to sit here and wait for your number to come up. You know you're going to play. You know you're going to go get your game on the 20th. So why the crap are you here complaining as if it's going to make an ounce of difference?

lol im in right now and there is only a lvl 26 is the highest calm down peeps i had no lag and no crashes this is the best launch ever

...annndd What level would that 'lvl26' get to...at launch?

Forget Launch!

How about in 2 days.:)

Edited by Sakushi

I knew what I was pre-ordering.

Before going to a movie, do you demand that you get the script for the movie so you know exactly what you'll be watching?

Or do you just check what category the movie is in, what actors there are and watch a trailer or two like normal people?

Personally I knew more about this game than I needed long before I pre-ordered.

Another problem. Even today they come up with play up to 5 days when they know it will be impossible to deliver 5 days for anyone who bought it now.

Also why such major stress tests with 750.000 users and have 200.000 at day one early access? They managed to get 750.000 players in 2 days and servers never crashed!! I never had problems on that beta weekend, so why so much fear now?

Best name evah

I learnt that people should learn to read and understand what has been written before complaining on forums.

'cause they've been so forthright with information... Maybe if they released more information earlier, people might have more faith in the product and invest in the game via pre-order? The whole point is that the pre-order has to be earned, especially now that a limitation on physical copies of the game is a problem of the past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.