Attention all republic players!

SuqMadiq

I was questing on Hoth as my level 38 Sniper. I was in one of the cave places and two republic player, a Gunslinger and a Vanguard, both level 44 saw me as I was fighting an elite mob. I thought to myself "Oh crap, I'm dead"(I'm on a PVP server). But they just stood and watched me kill the mob. When I killed him I thought "Well that was nice of them. But now I'm dead." I stand there and start at them as they stare back at me. I wave emote. They wave emote back. I start dancing. They laugh emote...and walk away. Being that I chose to be on a PVP server, I understand that I am at risk to be ganked at any time. But these guys were really cool. I was just wondering....is it the light side? Do all republic players feel the need to leave people alone for the sake of the light side of the force? Was it just those player? Cuz I know personally, when I see an opposite faction toon lower level than me, I'm gonna kill him. Thoughts?

They were obviously just nice people... I could understand two 38s ganking you and the likes... But two 44s ganking a 38 is really no challenge at all and wouldn't serve any purpose at all other than inconveniencing you... They realized that...

They were obviously just nice people... I could understand two 38s ganking you and the likes... But two 44s ganking a 38 is really no challenge at all and wouldn't serve any purpose at all other than inconveniencing you... They realized that...

To hell with challenge or inconvenience or whatever. We are on a PVP server. If I catch someone and have a chance for an easy kill, I'm going for it. I just thought everone on PVP servers had this mentality. Although, since they gave me a break I may show some mercy in the future. Only once though.

Personally I would have attacked you until you have hardly any health left and let the elite finish you off. That way you would have damaged gear (I'm not sure if dying by PvP damages your gear in the game or not, I haven't checked yet).

Yes, I am a bastard. But I really enjoy it, especially if someone creates an Empire character just to insult me, makes it more sweeter.

But some players don't attack you on sight, which I find strange since they consciously made a character on a PvP server, the game even gives you a "are you sure?" message when you select one. Some people are strange.

I won't attack Sith lower level then me, but I'm always ready for them attacking. The intelligence behind attacking a higher level player has not taken its grasp on a good amount of people though, especially Sorcorers, and I seem to just destroy them as a Commando.

The only open world pvp fights I've lost so far were to lvl 50s ganking people on Hoth and Balmorra.

I almost never start a fight while questing...but I'll be damned if I dont finish one when some zippy little dumb **** starts spitting lighting.

I was datacron hunting at 50 and ran into a couple lower lvl republics that instantly jumped on me... in a heroic zone. I was trying to avoid them, I mean I would hate running a heroic 2 quest and getting ganked while fighting harder mobs, but they jumped on me. I just did /s guys, I'm 50... this is pointless as I stood there dodging most of their attacks, then started walking to the exit. Sure enough they cc'd me and kept attacking until they pulled some of the gold star enemies and got themselves killed. I was trying to be nice, but people are going to do what they want, regardless of what side they are on. That "free will" and all.

I was questing on Hoth as my level 38 Sniper. I was in one of the cave places and two republic player, a Gunslinger and a Vanguard, both level 44 saw me as I was fighting an elite mob. I thought to myself "Oh crap, I'm dead"(I'm on a PVP server). But they just stood and watched me kill the mob. When I killed him I thought "Well that was nice of them. But now I'm dead." I stand there and start at them as they stare back at me. I wave emote. They wave emote back. I start dancing. They laugh emote...and walk away. Being that I chose to be on a PVP server, I understand that I am at risk to be ganked at any time. But these guys were really cool. I was just wondering....is it the light side? Do all republic players feel the need to leave people alone for the sake of the light side of the force? Was it just those player? Cuz I know personally, when I see an opposite faction toon lower level than me, I'm gonna kill him. Thoughts?

Pretty sure they thought you were an NPC and out of shock and awe, they didn't attack. Because on my PVP server, I almost never see any of the opposing faction thanks to all of the 'instancing' crap.

Edited by Proto

They probably figured you weren't worth their time. Some people enjoy the challenge of a good fight more so than a guaranteed kill when their opponent has no chance to win. The greater the challenge, the greater the honor and all that.

PvP servers, are PvE servers with a flag /on...

Tell ya what, if there was a chance that your gear or credits would drop on your death, you'd be 100, no 200% dead and probably camped for that extra "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU" effect..

World PvP is worthless.. No game built around PvE as of late ( excluding Warhammer Online) has even made an attempt to make world pvp beneficial.. So why bother?

you know this isn't wow right :p? You can /say between factions, you dont need to emote between each other. I talked to a bounty hunter today with a friend of mine (I play trooper) and told him we'd help him kill a champion mob he needed. He was grateful. So we killed the mob for him after he tagged it and he looted a light side relic (he was DS).

Then we steamrolled him. Champ though.

Edited by Necrolepsy

Most people dont realize they would be better off on a PvE server. PvP servers are designed specifically for ganking, so people that just want to level up to max level in peace and then start pvping has misunderstood the open world pvp concept.

Of course you can organize massive pvp raids outside warzones and all that, but Im pretty sure thats possible on a PvE server as well as long as both sides remember to flag themselves for pvp.

Anyway, playing on a pvp server is great. The feeling of always being on your guard is exciting.

If an enemy player walks past me and takes on a pack of mobs its very tempting to make him suffer. Im the kind of person that makes up poor excuses like "oh well, he didnt /wave? he's dead" or "he's got a stupid name. he's dead" - and then I kill him to low hp and let the mobs finish him off.

Edited by Flowerslayer

People vary in their motivations for PvP. Some people like PvP for the challenge and even prefer to fight players above their level; some people like PvP for the gank and will quite happily kill on sight. Those two probably thought 2x44 against 1x38 wouldn't be enough of a challenge to bother with, so why not let you get on with your questing.

Some who play on PvP servers do sololy because their friends do. Some are more concerned with leveling, playing the PvE game this early to release. A lot are only interested in real PvP and not simply free kills because they have the advantage in some way.

But either way, when questing on a PvP server, if your goal is to quest, its best not to gank other players, so as not to encourage them to find friend/people to gank back, and prevent anyone from getting that quest done.

It always blows my mind how some find it fun to gank me while i am at 40% health with a mob on me. Only to have me take revenge on them, when they're in the same situation, 2 minutes later. And begins a chain of simply taking advantage, and taking advantage, and taking advantage. Yay for free kills?

Edited by openair