Clone Wars: Any good?

ThumbtackJake

I do believe a lot of the hatred towards the show is based off of people's own bias. and hatred of anything prequal era.

As I mentioned before, I myself was one of those people. I HATED the new Clone Wars cartoon, that is, until I actually watched it.

Season 1 was pretty dull, but once you got past that, it quickly became one of the best things to happen to Star Wars in a long time.

Half way through season 4, I just watched the Umbaran arc last night, and wow was I impressed.

every time I watch this show, It makes me love The Old Republic even more (so many elements shared between the two). At one point, a Jedi Master mentions during a space battle "There haven't been battles like this since The Old Republic"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its awesome overall. IT IS mostly on a kid's level, but at the same time someone gets impaled or gets their neck snapped every episode (which is entirely redeeming lol). The plots are almost always great. Its usually a 1, 2, or 3 episode mission. If you can get past the usually basic, slighty corny dialogue, then you will find it AWESOME like I do.

Half way through season 4, I just watched the Umbaran arc last night, and wow was I impressed.

Just watched those episodes last night and they were great.

I think that overall this series is better than the prequel movies, as they have more time to develop ideas and deepen the characters instead of just giving hints now and then.

The Mortis Arc was really good, especially the part where Anakin see's his future as Darth Vader and all the evil he does (when he yelled "NOO!" and the smoke behind him becomes Darth Vader's mask with his breathing, I felt a chill down my spine.:eek:) I do think it was pretty cheesy when he lost his memory of it later.

But the Umbaran/Krell Arc was the best by far! I almost cried when Krell sent the Clones to fight their own men. :(

What?

Its doing the opposite. Clearing the plotholes that the PT left and its making the PT better.

Filling an extremely small amount of plotholes and creating huge ones (ex: the destruction of Slave I and Jango Fett's helm) is more harm than good.

Edited by Eillack

I felt the characters in the series were all a little water-down, and kind've geared towards kids. A lot of times watching it I would say to myself "this isn't something Anakin/Obi-Wan/etc would do." I do find it pretty enjoyable though other than that.

The Mortis Arc was really good, especially the part where Anakin see's his future as Darth Vader and all the evil he does (when he yelled "NOO!" and the smoke behind him becomes Darth Vader's mask with his breathing, I felt a chill down my spine.:eek:) I do think it was pretty cheesy when he lost his memory of it later.

But the Umbaran/Krell Arc was the best by far! I almost cried when Krell sent the Clones to fight their own men. :(

I thought the same about the Mortis trilogy: great dark ideas and great mistake to have Anakin brainwashed just some minutes later.

The Mortis Arc was one of the best seen in the series so far.

theres an episode every now and then where you just think "why would i even watch this" because nothing happens.

BUT, i think mst of the episodes by far are excellent. The language, and the plots aren't on the same level as that in the movies, but on the other hand, who would expect that. I like watching it, i think the characters are well expressed. I especially like Ahsoka, because shes one of the characters with the greatest developments throughout the series.

Its also nice to see what other Jedi Masters can do, masters such as: Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ki-adi mundi etc.

I especially like Ahsoka, because shes one of the characters with the greatest developments throughout the series.

Its also nice to see what other Jedi Masters can do, masters such as: Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ki-adi mundi etc.

Totally agree.

Too bad we know she would eventually die as she never appears or is mentioned in Episode III...

Among the other Jedi Masters I really like Kit Fisto (I'd like to have the chance to play a Nautolean in ToR).

It seems to be hit-or-miss with Star Wars Fans. I, personally, really enjoy it. I have the first three seasons of the show on Blu-Ray. It definately fills in some plot gaps and unanswered questions which may arise in the movies. It is definately an action series though. If you like to watch epic battles and acrobatic light saber duels then I strongly suggest giving it a shot. It's kind of neat to see the war from a political standing in some episodes as well. Situations which would otherwise go un-noticed are also shown in the show (who knew the Republic could have budget and financial troubles? heh).

Give it a go though! You can pick up the first season for reasonably cheap just about anywhere. I-Tunes even has the three complete seasons on their store now.

I enjoy it quite alot, the cheese factor is suprisingly low. It has several great story arcs spread out across multiple episodes. The voice acting ranges from decent to great. Definitely one of the better produced pieces of star wars wars media in awhile.

And no one can complain about it ruining canon. Lucas and Co. do that enough, once every few years they drag it into a dark basement. There's some grunting and anguished cries, and once they are through all that's left is a bruised and broken form huddling in a pool of it's own shame.

I think it's quite excellent, and has only gotten better. It seems to me the story lines are getting more mature. The most recent episode, for example, was extremely suspenseful and perilous. I thouroughly enjoyed it.

And not only that, but it is technically brilliant. The quality of production of the animation continues to break new ground.

Its Decent at best and absolutely terrible at the worst. It has taken one gigantic dump all over previous cannon ( Even Peil, Ryloth, the Mandalorians) not to mention it turned a memorable villian (grevious) into a giganic coward. Edited by TheBentOne

realize it's on a kids cartoon channel.

This colored my bias against the show until I was at a friend's house and he had it on, and I watched a guy get taken out executioner style on Cartoon Network.

That network is really letting some dark stuff air (not that I'm complaining).

I personally love the show and would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Star Wars movies. Although the majority of S1 wasn't that dark it still had some pretty violent episodes like Hostage Crisis and Lair of Grievous. Ever since S2 the show has just started to get more and more dark which is great. There were a few bad episodes in S3, but there were also a lot of awesome episodes that made up for them. S4 has been the best season yet and we are only half way through at the moment and I'm sure about that. There has only been one episode that I haven't liked this season called Mercy Mission which was an R2 and 3P0 centric episode.

There were two R2D2, C3PO episodes this season back to back. The first one was pretty bad, and I wasn't looking forward to the second one, but then my Roommate and I watched it, and we couldn't stop laughing. The episode was hilerious. It was a very random episode filled with unrealistic coincidences, but it had a level of humour I had yet to see in the show.